Sri Lanka visa requirements for Russian Federation citizens
Sri Lanka is an island completely isolated from the Southern Asia land. Therefore, this country has a unique charm that defines itself on the world tourism map. People come to visit that place, not only for the tropical forests, crystal clear beaches but also a religious belief as well because Sri Lanka has many pagodas with versatile architecture.
Knowing that transportation demand, in 2012 the Sri Lankan government decided to launch a new kind of visa which is easier and faster to get, known as an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).
Are you a Russian passport holder and planning a Sri Lanka trip? Let's check information about the Sri Lanka Visa requirements for Russian citizens, the prices, and other important facts in this article.
1. Do Russian citizens need a visa to Sri Lanka?
All travelers entering Sri Lanka on a Russian passport require a visa to do so.
The Sri Lanka ETA allows Russians to stay in the most time up to 30 days. There have 03 types of e-Visa, including
e-Tourist Visa/ETA: Russian citizens have a stay of 30 consecutive days from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka. For purposes such as travel activities, short-term treatment, meetings, or other activities under Sri Lanka’s law.
Business Visa/ETA: This type of service for someone has an international role for a maximum of 30 consecutive days from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka except employment.
Transit Visa/ETA: For the purpose of your transit to another destination, you’ll have a maximum of 48 hours to stay in Sri Lanka, please note for your planning.
The Russian passport holders intending to work or stay in Sri Lanka permanently are not eligible to apply for the Sri Lankan ETA. In this case, the applicant must obtain a traditional visa at a Sri Lankan embassy or consulate.
2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Russia?
Nowadays, Russian citizens can apply for Sri Lanka ETA from Russia easily. At GIS, our Sri Lanka visa service can help you proceed through the online application process, at the conclusion of which you are able to get your travel document quite quickly.
This is 04 steps of Sri Lanka eTA Visa processing time odd GIS:
- Step 1: Apply Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA in an online form.
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee online.
- Step 3: Get your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA.
- Step 4: Receive visa stamped into your passport.
3. How much fee to apply the Sri Lanka ETA for Russian citizens?
Sri Lanka visa fee includes 2 items: Visa service fee and government fee.
The total cost must pay for the Sri Lanka ETA will depend on the type of visa you apply for. Specifically, there are 3 levels of service fees as follows:
- Normal: The tourist can get e-Visa/ETA within 3 business days. This is a safer choice for low-budget trips, so if you’re not urgent, you can try it once.
- Urgent: If the tourist has already prepared everything and gets e-Visa/ETA within 24 hours at the final step, that is the best choice for the balance of fee & convenience
- Super Urgent: For your urgent needs, the tourist can get e-Visa/ETA within 5 business hours. The fastest you can get it, the most price for your amazing experience service.
In addition, to prepare for the smoothest trip to Sri Lanka, you can use our additional services for just a small fee:
- Insurance services: increase your chances of being protected against the developments of the Covid-19 epidemic
- Sri Lanka 4G Sim card Service to stay connected with friends and family during your travels
- Sri lanka car pick up service for Russian travelers
What are the required documents to apply for the Sri Lanka ETA?
To get a successful application process ETA, let's make sure fully the documents required:
- Passport: stay valid for at least another 180 days from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- E-mail address: Be sure that you give a valid address to which you have access. Because when your application is successful, the ETA will send that e-mail in PDF format. You can print it or you can keep a backup on your digital device.
- Way of payment: You can pay by credit card or debit card, PayPal, or bank transfer.
How many times have Russians been allowed entry to Sri Lanka with ETA?
With Sri Lanka's ETA, Russian citizens can remain for up to 30 days. The entry time will depend on the type of ETA.
- Tourist ETA: This type allows the tourist to have double entry to enter Sri Lanka.
- Business ETA: With multiple entries to enter, that means the tourist can enter no limit to Sri Lanka in 30 consecutive days from the date of arrival.
- Transit ETA: The tourists just have a single entry in 48 hours in Sri Lanka.
4. What advisory Sri Lanka Travel for Russian citizens?
Nowadays, before you plan to travel to Sri Lanka, let's reconsider the latest information.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities about COVID-19.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
- Russian citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations.
- Embassy of the Russian Federation in Sri Lanka in emergency situations.
Hope the article above gives you more information about Sri Lanka visa requirements for Russian citizens. In case you prefer a faster resolution, feel free to contact us 24/7 or find out more information at Sri Lanka FAQs.