Sri Lanka visa requirements for Swedish citizens in February 2024
Sri Lanka is well-known for its stunning beaches and one-of-a-kind natural beauty. Sri Lanka's smiles and warmth are also well-known across the world.
With so many cultures coexisting, life in Sri Lanka continues throughout the year with a slew of festivals, making it an excellent destination for fun and relaxation.
If you are a Swedish citizen and are planning to spend your holiday in Sri Lanka, this article is for you. Sri Lanka Immigration Service - will bring you the latest information about Sri Lanka visa for Swedish citizens.
1. Check the requirements for a Sri Lanka Visa for Swedish citizens
Anyone traveling to Sri Lanka on a Swedish passport will need to obtain a Sri Lanka visa in order to enter the country. The Sri Lanka ETA has a validity of 06 months from the date of issuance.
Sri Lanka visa for Swedish citizens
For a shorter journey to Sri Lanka, Swedish citizens may apply for a Sri Lanka ETA in one of three categories, depending on the purpose of their visit:
- Sri Lanka tourism e-Visa: The tourism ETA allows a 30-day visit with a double entry into the country. This type of ETA is granted for tourism, and visiting relatives, and friends in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka business e-Visa: A business ETA is required for Swedish residents entering Sri Lanka to attend business meetings, conferences, seminars, training, negotiations, or any other connected activity. With this type of ETA, Swedish nationals can enter the country as many times as they wish and remain there for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
- Sri Lanka transit e-Visa: Anyone traveling through Sri Lanka on their way to another nation should get a transit ETA. This allows holders to stay in Sri Lanka for up to two days while waiting for their flight. Swedish tourists, on the other hand, do not need a Sri Lanka ETA if they will be in transit via Sri Lanka for less than 48 hours, can present documentation of their onward route, and remain in the airport transit area for the duration of their stay.
In case, the Swedish passport holder who wishes to live or work permanently in Sri Lanka must obtain a traditional visa from the Sri Lanka embassy in Sweden or overseas.
2. How to apply for Sri Lanka e-visa from Sweden
- Step 1: Apply the Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA in an online form. Fill out the "APPLY VISA" online form on our website.
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee online. Check your information to make sure that all of it is correct. Then select a payment option (credit card or debit card, PayPal, or bank transfer) and go to the secure page to complete the transaction.
- Step 3: Get your Sri Lanka e-VisaA. Check your emails periodically for confirmation of your information and the day you will get your e-Visa. Our website also allows you to check the status of your visa.
- Step 4: Have your visa stamped in your passport.
Sri Lanka visa requirements for Swedish citizens
3. Processing time and cost of Sri Lanka visa for Swedish citizens
The amount you will be charged for your Sri Lanka visa depends on two factors: the processing timeframe you choose for your application, and the visa type you need.
The Swedish applicants have three options so that you can choose the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing: receive the approval of Sri Lanka ETA in 03 business days. Most people go for this option.
- Rush processing: for somewhat faster processing, you can receive the approval of Sri Lanka ETA in 24 hours.
- Super Rush processing: if you want your ETA as soon as possible, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 5 business hours.
Fee of Sri Lanka visa ETA
Sri Lanka visa fees for Swedish candidates are divided into two categories: Government fee and visa service fee.
- Visa service charge: is the fee you pay while using visa online services at Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
- When applying for a Sri Lanka ETA visa, Swedish travelers are required to pay a government fee.
In addition to these two fees, Swedish applicants can consider adding a number of convenient services to make the trip smoother and more convenient.
- Sri Lanka 4G Sim card service: helps you to connect to the internet continuously during the trip. You can completely handle online work as well as keep in touch with family and loved ones during the journey.
- Travel insurance service: help you feel more secure for your journey, and your benefits when unexpected incidents occur during the journey.
4. Documents required to get Sri Lanka visa
To obtain a Sri Lanka visa for Swedish citizens, prepare a list of prerequisites to aid in the success of the Sri Lanka visa application process. The following are on the list below:
- Valid passport: Swedish citizens cannot apply for a visa to Sri Lanka unless you have a passport. Furthermore, the visa policy of Sri Lanka demands that the passport be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- E-mail address: The ETA will be sent to you through e-mail in PDF format as a consequence of an online application procedure. The address you enter must be genuine, and you must be able to access it. Remember to print off the document or have a digital copy on your mobile device before leaving.
- Payment methods: You can use a credit or debit card to make the payment, or you can use PayPal. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Hope the article helps you understand more about Sri Lanka visa for Swedish citizens. If you also have more questions or want to book a Sri Lanka ETA service, please contact us 24/7. The support team with many years of experience will help you save a lot of money and get the approval of Sri Lanka ETA quickly.