Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA for Transit
1. What is the Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization)?
Sri Lanka has recently decided to allow a lot of countries to apply for e-Visa/ETA to visit Sri Lanka from the comfort of their own homes, using their new e-Visa/ETA. All visitors to Sri Lanka are legally required to hold a valid e-Visa/ETA to travel to Sri Lanka, and this new system will allow that e-Visa/ETA to be obtained much more easily. Eligible travelers may travel to Sri Lanka with an e-Visa/ETA. The e-Visa/ETA is an electronically-stored authority for travel to Sri Lanka for a short-term visit. It replaces the visa label or stamp in a passport and removes the need for application forms and in person visits to the Sri Lanka Missions.
2. Who can apply for a Sri Lanka Transit e-Visa/ETA?
e-Visa for Transit up to 02 days Free of Government Charge basis (Documentary proof needed)
Those who will transit through Sri Lanka.
3. How Sri Lanka Transit e-Visa/ETA Works?
Apply online for Sri Lanka e-Visa in 4 easy steps:
- Fill out the secure application form online
- Get confirmation and document requirements
- Get your e-Visa/ETA and instructions to get your visa stamped
- Get your visa stamped onto your passport on arrival