Sri Lanka visa requirements for Irish citizens latest updates cost
The Ireland passport ranks top 07 in the world. Ireland passport holders can enter a total of 190 destinations either without a visa, through a visa on arrival, or via an ETA. So, how about Sri Lanka visa requirements for Irish citizens?
Let's discover this topic in the below article.
1. Sri Lanka visa for Irish citizens
Although, the Irish passport is one of the most powerful passports in the world. Irish citizens still need Sri Lanka visas to visit this country.
Nowadays, the Sri Lanka government only requires an online visa, which is also called ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or e-visa, for Ireland visitors as an alternative to the traditional visa.
The validity of Sri Lanka ETA is 06 months from the date of issuance, so Irish nationals should enter the country during that period.
2. How to get a Sri Lanka visa from Ireland?
It is very simple to get a Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa for Irish residents and now it is even easier with our support. Travelers with Irish passports just need to follow these only 04 steps below:
- Step 1: Filling the online form with the information about your trip and personal details.
- Step 2: Pay for your order's total cost. Check your email to receive advice (if any) and your approved ETA/e-Visa.
- Step 3: Print out the e visa and present it when you enter Sri Lanka.
- Step 4: Receive visa stamped into your passport.
3. Sri lanka visa requirements for Ireland passport holder
To obtain a Sri Lankan ETA for Ireland passport holders, Irish travelers will need to fill out the Sri Lanka visa application form which is a simple and straightforward questionnaire such as:
- Type of visa
- Processing Time
- Extra Service
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of arrival/departure
Before submitting the application form, the Irish applicants should thoroughly evaluate their replies and check to see if the card being used has been activated before making an online purchase.
4. How many types of Sri Lanka ETA for Irish passport holders?
Sri Lanka visa for Irish citizen residents has 03 types depending on the purpose of the applicants’ purposes.
- Tourist e-visa/ETA: This type of e visa is used exclusively for purposes such as tourism, sightseeing, and participating in cultural events. Irish tourist visas are expressly prohibited from being used to seek admission/study, employment, or engage in business or any other economic activity. This double-entry e visa allows Irish nationals to stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days from the day they arrive in the country.
- Business e-visa/ETA: This form of e-Visa allows Irish applicants to enter Sri Lanka for business and trade but not for work. With this type of e visa, Irish citizens can enter the country as many times as they wish, and stay there up to 30 days from the arrival date.
- Transit e-visa/ETA: is used for transit only. Irish applicants must have a connecting flight at the same airport in Sri Lanka within 48 hours.
5. How much is the Sri Lanka visa ETA price?
Sri Lanka visa ETA fees include 02 types of fees: the Visa service fee and Govemence fee. The last total fee dependent visa ETA service you choose. The faster the Sri Lanka ETA processing time is, the more money you need to pay:
- Standard service: Your waiting time is within 03 business days.
- Urgent service: Your visa application will be ready within 24 hours.
- Super urgent service: You will have the result of e visa application within 05 business hours.
Should I buy Travel Insurance for Sri Lanka?
Travel insurance for Sri Lanka is always a great suggestion for you. It will give you protection in many situations on the trip.
- Medical expense benefit: Hospital Room And Board Expenses, Covid-19 Medical Expenses, Ancillary Hospital Expenses
- Additional medical treatment and services: Unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition,.
- Transportation expenses: Ambulance Service Benefits, Lost baggage, Trip interruption, Trip delay, optional athletic sport coverage,..
From the above reasons, it is clear that you should buy an additional insurance package to have the best experience for your trip
6. How to connect to the internet in Sri Lanka?
Irish travelers can choose Sri Lanka's 4g sim service to stay connected to the internet during their trip. The price for Sri Lanka's 4G sim service is not expensive and you will easily keep in touch with your family and loved ones during the trip as well as handle online work without worrying about the interruption.
Hope the above article has brought you useful information about Sri Lanka visa requirements for Irish citizens. Feel free to contact us if you need any more information or book a Sri Lanka ETA service with us.
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands