Sri Lanka visa requirements for Zimbabwean citizens
The first time you visit Sri Lanka, you will undoubtedly fall in love with it. This country is ideal for nature lovers who want to travel and explore new land. Contrary to popular belief, Sri Lanka is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna. This country has mountains, tea plantations, train rides, wildlife safaris, hikes, and much more to offer.
Zimbabweans can travel to Sri Lanka, but they must apply for a visa in advance or obtain a visa on arrival. The best way to travel to Sri Lanka is to apply for an ETA ahead of time.
You are now aware of the Sri Lanka ETA for Zimbabwe. Here is the essential information about Sri Lanka visas for Zimbabweans.
1. Check Sri Lanka visa requirements for Zimbabweans citizens
Zimbabwean citizens are not on the eligible list to visit Sri Lanka, so they need a visa to enter this country.
What is a Sri Lanka ETA visa?
Unlike the Sri Lanka Tourist visa on arrival, the Sri Lanka ETA for Zimbabwe residents does not have to be pasted in the passport. Instead, the tourist is supposed to carry a copy of the approved ETA with him during the Sri Lanka trip.
With Sri Lanka ETA, visitors can stay up to 30 days with double entries (by Tourist visa) or multies entries (by Business visa).
What is a short visit to Sri Lanka for an ETA visa?
An intended traveler visiting Sri Lanka for the following purposes must obtain ETA approval prior to arrival:
- Visa for a visit Tourist Visa for sightseeing, vacationing, and visiting friends and family. This visa is valid for 6 months from the date of issue with double entry, allowing travelers to stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days in total.
- Business Visa for attending business meetings and negotiations, as well as participating in short-term training programs (less than one month). This e-visa is valid for 6 months from the date of entry with multiple entries.
- Transit Visa valid for a stay duration of 48 hours in the airport area of Sri Lanka during the 6-month validity period.
Zimbabwe citizens can travel to Sri lanka easily with an online visa
2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Zimbabweans citizens by online ETA system?
Sri Lanka offers a variety of visas and travel documents. Zimbabwean citizens apply for the Sri Lanka online visa as a Tourist ETA, Sri Lanka Business ETA, or Transit visa at Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
Sri Lanka: Apply for a visa using the ETA system at srilankaimmigration.org and pay the visa fee with a credit card.
Applicants must enter personal information, including email address, and are notified of the application's status.
Successful applicants are given a visa confirmation number (reference number), which must be presented at the Colombo International Airport during the immigration procedure.
How to track the status of Sri Lanka tourist Visa for Zimbabwe?
An ETA for Sri Lanka Tourist visa for Zimbabwe is usually approved within 24 hours to 3 days of submitting the application.
Nonetheless, you can check the status of your Sri Lanka Tourist/Business/Transit ETA by following the steps outlined below:
- Visit the 'Sri Lanka Immigration Services' website.
- On the menu bar, select 'Check Status'.
- Enter the necessary information
- Check the status of your Sri Lanka Tourist Visa.
Documents required for a Sri Lanka ETA
Before apply for an e-visa, if travelers want the process goes smoothly, they must prepare some necessary documents in advance:
- Zimbabwe travelers must own a valid visa which still remains at least 6 months from the date of entry.
- A scanned copy of passport biographical page
- A recent passport-sized photograph in any size that you have.
With ETA, Zimbabwe passport holders apply for Sri Lank visa from Zimbabwe or anywhere
3. Sri Lanka visa fee for Zimbabweans citizens
Every applicant for a Sri Lanka Tourist visa for Zimbabwe or ETA is required to pay a fee to obtain it.
People who fail to pay the fees will not be issued a Tourist visa/ ETA unless exempted.
Sri Lanka online visa fee includes 02 types of fee which are Governance fee and Services fee.
Note that: The fee is non-refundable; therefore, if your application for ETA was unsuccessful, you can't get the processing fee back.
How long will it take to get the Sri Lanka online visa?
Sri Lanka Immigration Services provide 03 visa services for Zimbabweans candidates, include:
- Normal: For those who would like to get e-Visa/ETA within 3 business days.
- Urgent: For those who would like to get e-Visa/ETA within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: For those who would like to get e-Visa/ETA within 5 business hours.
Kindly note that, the faster processing, the higher the cost must be paid.
Zimbabwe citizens can get promotion code to save Sri Lanka visa fees.
4. People also ask about Sri Lanka online visa for Zimbabwean citizens
What are the benefits of a Sri Lanka visa online ETA for Zimbabwe?
The Sri Lanka visa online has its own benefits. Let's look at the benefits:
- You can get the ETA anywhere with the devices having an internet connection.
- You don’t need to go to the Sri Lanka embassy as the traditional way.
- All steps are online and get the approval visa by email.
- Zimbabwean candidates can get the approval ETA online before commencing the trip to Sri Lanka, so, they can make sure to schedule entries in Sri Lanka.
Who is eligible for the online Sri Lanka ETA application?
The Seychelles, Maldives, and Singapore are the only countries that do not require a visa. These nationals can enter Sri Lanka with only a valid passport.
Currently, 21 countries are ineligible for tourist, business, and transit ETAs and must obtain a visa from a Sri Lanka diplomatic mission in their home country before traveling.
We recommend using our convenient Visa Checker to see if this is the case for you.
Now you are ready for a Sri Lanka visa?
After completing your visa application, you are ready to embark on an amazing trip to Sri Lanka.
Remember you can apply for the Sri Lanka visa for Zimbabwe directly on Sri Lanka Immigration Services. We also provide the Sri Lanka travel Insurance, Sim Card 4G and Car pickup services for travelers.
Anything else you may need to know is down in the FAQ section, so check it out!