Sri Lanka visa for Australian citizens: Requirements and Costs in February 2024
Sri Lanka is a country located in the middle of the Indian Ocean. This is a tourist destination loved by many Australians because of its unspoiled natural beauty, with vast forests, beautiful beaches, stretching palm trees….
If you are an Australian planning a trip to Sri Lanka, the first thing you need to do is apply for a visa to Sri Lanka. This article will explain the entire process of getting a Sri Lankan visa for Australian citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
1. The Sri Lanka visa requirements for Australian citizens
Many countries in the world do not require Australian passport holders to have a pre-approved visa upon arrival, but Sri Lanka is not one of them. So, a Sri Lanka visa is required when Australian citizens come to this country.
The Sri Lanka ETA visa makes it easy to get pre-approval, but depending on the type of travel they are doing as well as the amount of time they will spend in Sri Lanka.
Kinds of Sri Lanka visas for Australian citizens
In fact, the Sri Lanka e-visa for Australian citizens has three types of ETAs that can apply for:
- Tourist ETA: allows you to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with double entry. You can use this ETA type to enter Sri Lanka for tourism, visitation, and medical treatment, including Ayurvedic and yoga classes.
- Business ETA: allows you to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival and multiple in advance, used when you have business and trading purposes but not for employment.
- Transit ETA: used when you need to transit in Sri Lanka before going to a third country, allows you to stay in Sri Lanka for 48 hours only.
The Sri Lanka e-visa for Australian citizens has three types of ETAs that can be applied for
2. Step by step to apply for the Sri Lanka visa from Australia
It is very simple to get a Sri Lanka online visa for Australian citizens and now it is even easier with our support. Travelers with Australian passports just need to follow these only 3 steps below:
- Step 1: Fill in the Sri Lanka ETA application form with the information about your trip and personal details.
- Step 2: Pay for your order's total cost. Check your email to receive advice (if any) and your approved ETA/e-Visa.
- Step 3: Print it out and present it when you enter Sri Lanka.
Australian travelers need to provide information such as their full name, their date of birth, and their current address.
Acceptable reasons for traveling to Sri Lanka under any of the three ETAs are tourism, transit, and business.
The e-Visa/ETA should be printed out in a hard copy and carried in your passport.
Make sure your Australian passport is valid for at least 180 days on the intended date of travel and at least one visa page is free of any markings.
Apply for Sri Lanka Visa online from Australia easily
3. Sri Lanka visa cost for Australian citizens
To get a Sri Lanka visa for Australian citizens, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Sri Lanka Visa fees, including a Service fee and a Government fee.
Now, the Sri Lanka ETA visa service has 3 different fee levels, including:
- Normal service: This is one of the most cost-effective options which can help you get your ETA within 3 business days.
- Urgent service: Sri Lanka electronic visa approximately within 24 hours.
- Super urgent service: If you have an emergency, by using this service type, you can receive your e-Visa within 5 business hours.
To give you a better experience in Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka Immigration Services has opened a car pick-up service. With just one simple click, you can book yourself a shuttle service as soon as you arrive in Sri Lanka.
Hope this article explains how to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Australian citizens as well as the requirements and costs. Please contact us if you need assistance with online Visa information or services for the Sri Lanka trip. Our team - an experienced travel consultant - will help you get your e-Visa/ETA to travel in Sri Lanka effortlessly.