Sri Lanka visa for Chinese citizens: Latest requirements and cost
The Chinese passport has recently skyrocketed in the rankings of the world's most powerful passports. That means Chinese citizens have the opportunity to travel visa-free when traveling in many countries.
In today's article, let's find out with Sri Lanka Immigration Services what about the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Chinese citizens? Let's have a look at this issue in the article below.
1. Sri Lanka Visa requirements for Chinese citizens
To travel to Sri Lanka, Chinese citizens must first get a Sri Lanka ETA (The Electronic Travel Authority), which is an authorization that allows them to enter the country more easily than a standard visa.
In order to expedite Chinese travelers' arrival for temporary visits, the Sri Lankan government launched the Sri Lanka Visa Online (ETA), also known as electronic visa (e-visa), in 2012.
2. Type of Sri Lanka Visa for Chinese citizens
Chinese citizens can apply for one of three types of Sri Lanka Visa Online (ETAs):
2.1. The e-Tourist Visa
A Sri Lanka tourist visa for Chinese citizens allows Chinese travelers to stay in the country for up to 30 days from the arrival date in Sri Lanka. With this type of visa, you are only permitted to enter Sri Lanka twice. The Tourist Visa/ETA is exclusively good for purposes such as tourism, sightseeing, and participating in cultural events. Tourist visas are expressly prohibited from being used to seek admission/study, accept employment, or engage in business or any other economic activity.
2.2. The Transit ETA
The Sri Lanka transit visa/ETA is only issued in extremely narrow conditions. Chinese passengers are not permitted to exit the airport at all. You must have a connecting flight out of the same airport where you arrived within two days (48 hours). It is issued just to allow you to travel through Sri Lanka to your end destination.
2.3. The Business ETA
This form of e-Visa allows you to enter Sri Lanka for business and trade but not for work. Multiple admissions into Sri Lanka are permitted under the Business e-Visa. The duration of stay for the Business ETA is within 30 days from the day you arrive in Sri Lanka.
No matter what sort of visa or ETA the traveler carries, your passports must have a minimum of 06 months of validity from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Embassy in China contact
- Get the Sri Lanka visa coupon code
- Check Sri Lanka visa requirements for travelers
3. How to apply Sri Lanka online visa (ETA/e-Visa) for Chinese citizens?
3.1. Step by step to apply Sri Lanka visa/ETA
Applying for a Sri Lankan e-visa/ETA from China is as simple as four steps:
- Step 1: Fill out an online application for a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA.
- Step 2: Pay your visa cost online. You can use electronic payments (Visa, Master, and American Express Cards) or wire transfer (HSBC bank transaction) to pay for your ETA fee.
- Step 3: Receive your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA.
- Step 4: Have your visa stamped in your passport.
3.2. Documents required of Sri Lanka visa for Chinese residents
To obtain a Sri Lankan ETA for Chinese passport holders, travelers will need to fill out the Sri Lanka visa application form for Chinese, which is a simple and straightforward questionnaire such as:
- Type of visa
- Processing Time
- Extra Service
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Residential address
- Date of arrival/departure
- Email id
- Passport issue and expiry date
Before submitting the application form, the Chinese applicants should thoroughly evaluate their replies and check to see if the card being used has been activated before making an online purchase.
4. Sri Lanka visa for Chinese citizens cost
To get a Sri Lanka e visa/ETA for Chinese citizens, you must pay two (2) types of visa fees, namely the Service Fee and the Government Fee.
Chinese nationals have to pay the Government Fee since it is not on the exemption list for Sri Lanka ETA.
There are three distinct charge levels for the Sri Lanka ETA service fee. Include:
- Standard service: This is one of the most cost-effective solutions, with an ETA completed within 03 business days.
- Urgent service: With this option, you will have your Sri Lanka e-Visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent service: If you have an emergency, you can obtain your e-Visa within 5 working hours by selecting this service type.
A quick reminder: if you want to stay connected to the internet while traveling, pick a Sri Lanka 4G SIM card trip, as well as COVID-19 insurance to maintain your benefits while going overseas. You can charge a little fee to ensure that you have a safe and easy journey in Sri Lanka.
In addtion, Chinese candidates may also use our car pick-up service to be greeted at the airport upon arrival. The driver will greet you at the airport, transfer your luggage, and safely transport you back to your hotel.
5. Is there any advice for Chinese residents traveling to Sri Lanka?
- Let's have a look at the most recent information before you plan a trip to Sri Lanka.
- Follow the COVID-19 guidelines provided by local authorities.
- Keep an eye on local media for breaking news and change your plans accordingly.
- Chinese nationals traveling overseas should always have an emergency plan in place.
- In emergency scenarios, contact the Chinese Federation's embassy in Sri Lanka.
Thank you for reading the Sri Lanka visa for Chinese citizens. Hope this useful information helps you to prepare for your upcoming trip. If you need more information about Sri Lanka visa, please read more articles in FAQs section, or contact our professional team 24/7.