Sri Lanka visa requirements for Spanish citizens - Sri Lanka ETA
In 2012, the Sri Lankan government established the Sri Lankan Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) to simplify the process of obtaining a visa to enter the country. International visitors can have short-term trips to the country using an ETA.
Citizens of certain nations, including Spanish nationals, can apply for the ETA and visit Sri Lanka without a regular visa.
The application procedure is extremely simple for Spanish visitors because it is completed fully online, eliminating the need to visit the Embassy or Consulate or wait in long queues at the Sri Lankan border.
In this article, we will learn about the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Spanish citizens traveling to.
1. ETA requirements to enter Sri Lanka from Spanish
Before beginning the application procedure for an ETA to Sri Lanka, Spanish residents must satisfy a number of prerequisites. Among these circumstances are the following:
- A Spanish passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka, with a minimum of 02 blank pages for verification stamps.
- An email address that is often used to receive the ETA.
- A valid debit or credit card is required to pay the ETA Sri Lanka processing fee.
The applicant's passport number is linked to the Sri Lanka ETA visa. It is a one-of-a-kind travel permission that cannot be transferred to another document.
If a Spanish applicant's passport is set to expire, he or she must get a new one and use it to apply for the ETA.
Similarly, dual nationals must travel using the same passport that was used to apply for a Sri Lankan ETA.
2. What types of Sri Lanka ETA are available for Spanish citizens?
Spanish citizens who want to visit Sri Lanka can select from the 03 different ETA types for Sri Lanka, provided they are planning short-term visits for tourism or business or if they have a short transit in the country.
Sri Lanka ETA for Spanish tourists
The Sri Lanka ETA allows Spanish citizens to travel to Sri Lanka for a variety of recreational and cultural objectives. This electronic travel permission covers the following activities.
- Pay visits to relatives and friends.
- Relaxation, cultural, and recreational activities
- Get medical care
- Participate in cultural activities
- Participate in sporting events
The Sri Lanka Tourism ETA is valid for 06 months from the date of issuance and permits Spanish travelers to remain for up to 30 days from the day they arrive in the country with a double entry.
Sri Lanka for Spanish business visits
Professionals and business investors from Spain can get a Sri Lankan ETA for business in order to carry out a variety of financial and professional development activities:
- Contribute to conferences and workshops
- Participate in business meetings
- Take part in cultural events.
- Finish short-term training courses
The Sri Lanka Business ETA is valid for 06 months and permits Spanish citizens to visit the country for up to 30 days from the arrival date. With this type of ETA, Spanish travelers can enter the country as many times as they wish.
Sri Lanka Transit ETA for Spanish arrivals
Spanish passengers transiting via Sri Lanka on their way to another destination with a connecting aircraft departing 48 hours later must apply for a Sri Lanka Transit ETA. This ETA is for transit only, Spanish travelers using transit e visa cannot leave the airport.
The Sri Lanka Transit ETA is valid for 06 months after it is issued and allows you to stay in the nation for 48 hours.
3. Application process for Sri Lanka’s ETA from Spain
When Spanish nationals have confirmed that they meet the ETA standards, they can begin the Sri Lanka ETA application process.
The form is a brief questionnaire that takes around 15 minutes to complete and needs Spanish candidates to have a stable internet connection.
The registration procedure is simple, requiring only four steps:
- Fill out an online application for a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA: Sign on to our website and fill out the online form at "APPLY VISA"
- Pay the visa fee online: double-check your information to ensure that it is right. Then, select a payment option and go to the secure page to complete the transaction.
- Apply for your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA: Check your emails for the confirmation of your information and time you will get your e-Visa/ETA. Applicants can also use our website to check the status of their visa.
- Have your visa stamped in your passport
Before going to the final stage of the application form, Spanish nationals should check that all of the information they gave in the application is valid and genuine. This step is critical to ensuring that the Sri Lankan ETA for Spanish is processed as quickly as possible.
To complete the application procedure, Spanish applicants will proceed to the ETA fee area.
Before proceeding with payment, we urge users to double-check that their card has already been authorized for online payments in overseas transactions and that it has adequate funds.
Spanish visitors arriving in Sri Lanka with the ETA
With their granted ETAs, Spanish passport holders are completely permitted to go to Sri Lanka. They must present the following documents and information at passport controls upon arrival:
- A Spanish passport
- A printed copy of their authorized Sri Lanka ETA
4. Update the Sri Lanka ETA fee
There are 02 types of Sri Lanka ETA fees that Spanish applicants have to pay, including
The ETA Government fee
The government Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA fee is the mandatory charge that the applicant must pay in order for the Sri Lanka Immigration Department to process the e-Visa/ETA.
The ETA service fee
The cost of ETA service is determined by when you obtain the visa and if it is urgent or not.
- Normal service: You will receive your e-Visa/ETA within 03 business days.
- Get an e-Visa/ETA within 24 hours if you need it right now.
- Urgent service: Receive an e-Visa/ETA within 05 business hours.
Sri Lanka add on services
For Spanish tourists to have a better experience and a more convenient trip. Besides online visa to Sri lanka, we have provided a number of additional convenient services for visitors.
- Sri Lanka SIM card 4G: Internet service helps you stay connected with family and friends throughout your trip. You can share photos and videos during your journey, or you can do remote work via the internet such as checking mail, replying to messages,...
- Sri Lanka Travel Insurance: Travel insurance helps you feel more secure during your journey. Unexpected incidents occurring during the trip will be very cost-effectively supported by insurance.
- Sri Lanka car pick up service: The car pick-up service will pick you up as soon as you arrive. All you need to do is sit back and relax after a long flight, our driver will carry your luggage in the car and bring you back to the safest hotel.
Hope the article above helps you understand more about Sri Lanka visa requirements for Spanish citizens. If you have another question, please feel free to contact us 24/7 or read more in the FAQs section.