Sri Lanka visa for Bulgarian citizens: Requirements and Cost in February 2024
- 1. Do Bulgarian citizens need a visa to visit Sri Lanka?
- 2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Bulgaria?
- 3. Processing time and Cost of Sri Lanka visa/ETA
- 4. Sri Lanka visa online FAQs
- Is Sri Lanka visa-free for Bulgarian citizens?
- How will Bulgarian citizens receive their Sri Lanka ETA?
- Can I stay in Sri Lanka without a Visa for Bulgaria?
- Do Bulgarian citizens need to take the coronavirus into account when visiting Sri Lanka?
- What is the maximum stay for Bulgarian citizens in Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka is known as a small island country with many beautiful vistas and settings. The tourist may be riding the waves in the morning and admiring the green-carpeted mountains by the time it gets dark. Sri Lanka travel destinations offer a diverse range of holiday experiences, ensuring that visitors have a memorable journey.
If you intend to visit Sri Lanka in the near future, please read the article below to learn more about the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Bulgarian citizens.
1. Do Bulgarian citizens need a visa to visit Sri Lanka?
Because Bulgaria is not a visa-free country, Bulgaria passport holders must apply for a Sri Lankan visa before visiting this country.
Bulgarian travelers should obtain an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization), also known as Sri Lanka e-Visa for a short visit to Sri Lanka, such as a tourist, transit, or business visit.
Bulgarian citizens who want to stay in Sri Lanka for an extended period of time (more than 30 days) or for reasons other than the three listed above can apply for a visa in the traditional manner. Specifically, you must apply for a visa at the Sri Lankan Embassy in Bulgaria.
How many types of Sri Lanka visas are there for Bulgarian citizens?
The Sri Lanka ETA is valid for six months from the date of issuance. There are now 03 types of visas available for tourists via the Sri Lanka Visa online system (ETA).
- Tourist e-Visa: double entry for tourism, visit, or medical treatment, with a stay limit of 30 days from the date of arrival.
- Business e-Visa: allows for multiple entries into the country and stays of up to 30 days from the date of arrival. The Sri Lanka Business ETA is only for business and trade purposes; it is not for employment.
- Transit e-Visa: you can only enter Sri Lanka once; your stay is limited to 48 hours from the time you enter. This type of visa is used for transit purposes only. In any case, the ETA for Sri Lanka cannot be extended.
2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Bulgaria?
The best way to submit a Sri Lanka visa application from Bulgaria
Bulgaria passport holders can easily apply for a Sri Lanka visa online. Applicants who use the Sri Lanka ETA service at the Sri Lanka Immigration Service can obtain it in just four steps:
- Step 1: Create an account on the Sri Lanka Immigration Services website and sign in. Submit the Sri Lanka ETA application directly at "APPLY VISA" with the required information, including full name, date of birth, nationality, passport details, and departure/arrival time.
- Step 2: Make the payment for the visa fee. Applicants can use electronic payment transfers (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express).
- Step 3: You can check the status of your visa on our website. Get your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA approved by checking your email.
- Step 4: Receive the visa stamped into the passport
What documents are required to apply for the Sri Lanka ETA?
Please ensure that the following paperwork is properly completed to ensure a successful application process ETA:
- Passports must be valid for at least 06 months after arrival in Sri Lanka and contain at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- Email address: Make sure you provide a valid email address to which you have access. Because the ETA will send you an email in PDF format if your visa application is approved.
3. Processing time and Cost of Sri Lanka visa/ETA
Processing time to get the approval Sri Lanka/ETA
Your package service determines how quickly you can process and receive online. Each package offers different benefits and convenience; the faster the service, the more convenient your trip will be.
- Normal service: you will receive the ETA within 03 business days.
- Urgent service: Get the ETA approval within 24 hours if you need it right away.
- Supper urgent service: Get the approval ETA within 05 business hours with this super-urgent service.
Apply for Rush visa service here.
How much is a Sri Lanka ETA for Bulgarian citizens?
To obtain a Sri Lanka visa, Bulgarian citizens must pay two (2) types of Sri Lanka visa fees: the Service fee and the Government fee. As previously stated, the faster you need a visa online, the higher the cost.
Furthermore, Sri Lanka Immigration Services recommends that you have an extra package with Travel Insurance to keep your benefits and reduce your risks, as well as a Sim card 4G to stay in touch with your social networking and relationships while saving money on roaming data.
4. Sri Lanka visa online FAQs
Is Sri Lanka visa-free for Bulgarian citizens?
No, Bulgarian citizens require a valid visa to enter and stay in Sri Lanka. There are 03 types of Sri Lanka ETA for Bulgarian passport holders: tourist ETA, business ETA, and transit ETA.
How will Bulgarian citizens receive their Sri Lanka ETA?
Bulgarian citizens will be notified of their Sri Lanka ETA via email. To obtain a Sri Lanka eVisa, Bulgarian travelers can fill out an online application form at the Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
Candidates from Bulgaria should download and print their approved travel documents once they have received them. To enter Sri Lanka, they must present their valid visa to an Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint upon arrival.
Can I stay in Sri Lanka without a Visa for Bulgaria?
No, Bulgarian citizens require a valid visa to enter and stay in Sri Lanka. According to the Sri Lankan government's visa policy, a foreigner who remains in the country without a valid visa will be fined US $500 in addition to the visa fee.
Do Bulgarian citizens need to take the coronavirus into account when visiting Sri Lanka?
Yes. When visiting Sri Lanka, Bulgarian citizens must be aware of the most recent government update on Covid-19 requirements. Bulgarian nationals will no longer be required to take the PCR or Rapid Antigen test before traveling to Sri Lanka beginning June 17th, 2022.
If the required doses of the COVID-19 vaccination are completed and Bulgarian citizens leave the country two weeks later, they will be considered 'Fully Vaccinated.' All travelers who have received COVID-19 vaccines should carry proof of vaccination in English with them at all times. Furthermore, Bulgarian nationals are not required to complete a Health Declaration Form.
What is the maximum stay for Bulgarian citizens in Sri Lanka?
A Sri Lanka ETA is valid for six months from the issued date, allowing Bulgarian citizens to stay for up to 30 days.
The length of stay in Sri Lanka is determined by the type of visa held by Bulgarian citizens:
- Tourist and Business eVisas allow you to stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days from the arrival date.
- Transit eVisas allows you to stay at the airport for up to two days from the date of entry.
Hope this article on Sri Lanka visa requirements for Bulgarian citizens was informative. In case of need, you can contact us and receive 24/7 customer service from Sri Lanka Immigration Services.