Sri Lanka visa requirements for Ugandan citizens in November 2023
- 1. Do Ugandans need a visa to Sri Lanka?
- 2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Uganda citizens by online ETA system?
- 3. Sri Lanka visa cost for Uganda citizens
- 4. FAQs about Sri Lanka online visa for Uganda citizens
Sri Lanka is a tourist destination chosen by many tourists in recent times because of its beautiful natural scenery, impressive culture with gentle and hospitable people.
If you are a Ugandan citizen and are planning to visit this country, the first thing you need to prepare is a visa to enter this country. Check with Sri Lanka Immigration Services to see the latest visa requirements, and updated rules of Sri Lanka visa for Ugandan citizens when entering this country!
1. Do Ugandans need a visa to Sri Lanka?
Uganda passport holders require a visa to enter Sri Lanka. It's super easy for Uganda citizens to get Sri Lanka ETA. Check below the ETA requirements and process to get the same.
What exactly is a Sri Lanka online visa?
The Sri Lanka online visa for Ugandan residents, unlike the Sri Lanka visa on arrival, does not need to be pasted in the passport. Instead, the tourist must bring a copy of the approved ETA with them on their trip to Sri Lanka.
Type of Sri Lanka for online visa
Ugandan citizens planning to visit Sri Lanka for one of the reasons listed below must obtain ETA approval prior to arrival.
- A visa is required for a visit. Tourist visas are issued for the purpose of sightseeing, vacationing, or visiting friends and family. They can enter Sri Lanka twice and stay in this country for 30 days for each visit during the 6-month validity period.
- To attend business meetings and negotiations, as well as to participate in short-term training programs, a business visa is required (valid for 6 months from the date of arrival). This visa allows Uganda citizens to enter Sri Lanka many times; however, the stay duration is not to exceed 30 days on each visit.
- Transit visas are valid for a 48-hour stay in the Sri Lanka airport area.
Uganda citizens can travel to Sri Lanka easily with an online visa
2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Uganda citizens by online ETA system?
Sri Lanka provides a number of visas and travel documents. Ugandans can apply for a Sri Lanka online visa as a Tourist ETA, Business ETA, or Transit visa through Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
Uganda citizens visit the srilankaimmigration.org website to get the Sri Lanka e-visa and pay the visa fee with a credit card.
The applicant must provide personal information, including an email address, and will be notified of the status of the application.
Successful applicants are given a visa confirmation number (reference number), which must be presented during the immigration process at Colombo International Airport.
What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?
Once an application has been processed and payment has been received, the transaction cannot be canceled or refunded. As a result, please check your personal information twice. If you make a mistake, you must correct it before confirming. If you discover that you made a mistake after the payment has been completed, you must submit a new application and pay the application fee again.
How to track the status of the Sri Lanka tourist Visa for Uganda citizens?
An ETA for a tourist visa to Sri Lanka for Uganda citizens is typically approved within 24 hours to three days of submission.
You can, however, check the status of your Sri Lanka Tourist ETA by following the steps below:
- Visit the website of the Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
- 'Check Status' is located in the menu bar.
- Enter the required information.
- Check the status of your Sri Lanka Tourist Visa.
What documents are needed to apply for a Sri Lanka e-visa?
To apply for a Sri Lanka e-visa, the government requires Uganda citizens to submit some extra documents:
- Uganda passport holders must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
- A duplicate passport biographical page information.
- A photo was taken recently and the photo must be in color.
With ETA, Uganda passport holders apply for a Sri Lank visa from Uganda or anywhere
3. Sri Lanka visa cost for Uganda citizens
Individuals who fail to pay the fees, will not be issued a Sri Lanka visa. In the Sri Lanka Immigration Services system, there are two types of online visa fees: government fees and service fees.
It should be noted that the fee is neither refundable nor transferable back to Uganda citizens. As a result, if your ETA application was denied, you will not be refunded the processing fee.
How long will it take to get the Sri Lanka online visa?
Through Sri Lanka Immigration Services, Ugandans can apply for the following visas:
- Normal: For those who need an e-Visa within three business days.
- Urgent: For those who need an e-Visa within 24 hours.
- For those who need an e-Visa within 5 business hours.
Please keep in mind that the faster the processing, the higher the cost must pay.
Uganda citizens can get a promotion code to save Sri Lanka visa fees
4. FAQs about Sri Lanka online visa for Uganda citizens
Visit Sri Lanka online visa FAQs to get more information and a smooth trip. Let's read!
How do I know if my ETA is still valid for travel to Sri Lanka?
If you have applied for an ETA, you can check the status of your application on the ETA website. In order to make this inquiry, you must enter your Reference Number. After 30 minutes, the result will be sent to your email; therefore, you can check the status of your application process.
Uganda candidates can also reach us at [email protected] at any time.
If I already possess a valid ETA, can I apply for a fresh Sri Lanka ETA again?
The Sri Lanka ETA is valid for six months, and a new ETA cannot be obtained using the same passport until the previous one expires or is canceled.
If Uganda candidates lose the passport containing the valid ETA, you must obtain a new passport and apply for a new ETA by paying the applicable fee again.
What happens if my Sri Lanka visa application is not approved?
If your ETA application is denied, it will be forwarded to the Sri Lankan Embassy. For further information, please contact the Sri Lankan Embassy. (Any visa application must be approved or rejected by the Department of Immigration and Emigration).
Thank you for spending time reading this article. We hope this has helped you better understand the Sri Lanka online visa for Ugandan citizens. Please contact us NOW if you plan to visit this beautiful country.
With a team of professional and knowledgeable employees, we are confident that we will provide you with the most satisfied Sri Lanka visa service at the most competitive price. We have helped thousands of customers obtain a visa to enter Sri Lanka quickly and successfully over the years. Please contact us as soon as possible to obtain your Sri Lanka visa!