Sri Lanka visa for Indonesian citizens: Requirements and Fee
Sri Lanka is an island country located in the south of India, about 30 kilometers by sea from India, and serves as a strategic link between West Asia and Southeast Asia. This area is known as the Buddhist country because it was once a center of Buddhist culture. Visitors to Sri Lanka will have the opportunity to visit the Buddha's relics as well as the beautiful beaches.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services will provide you more information about the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Indonesian citizens in this article.
1. Indonesian citizens need to get a visa for Sri Lanka online
Visitors from Indonesia who wish to visit Sri Lanka must obtain a visa before entering the country.
There are currently two ways to obtain a visa to Sri Lanka:
- Apply for a Sri Lanka e-Visa online, also known as an e-Travel Authorization (which is called ETA)
- Visit the Sri Lankan Embassy in Indonesia to apply for a visa to enter Sri Lanka.
Indonesians visiting Sri Lanka for vacation, business, or transit are eligible for the ETA.
Type of Sri Lanka visa/ETA
Indonesian citizens can apply for one of three types of Sri Lanka Visa Online (ETAs) listed below:
The Tourist e-Visa
According to this tourist e-visa, once Indonesian travelers enter Sri Lanka, they can stay for up to 30 days in total. Indonesian nationals are permitted double entry into the country. Please keep in mind that the validity of this visa is 6 months from the issued date; have a safe trip.
The Transit ETA
Only in exceptional circumstances is a transit visa issued. With this type of visa, the Indonesian passenger is not allowed to leave the airport. Within two days, the tourist must take a connecting flight from the same airport where they arrived (48 hours). It is only issued to enable Indonesian visitors to travel through Sri Lanka to their final destination..
The Business ETA
The business visa is a type of e-Visa that allows for multiple entries into Sri Lanka. Indonesian passport holders are allowed to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days. This ETA is available for a variety of purposes, including investing, holding a conference, or hosting an international business meeting. This validity period lasts 6 months from the date of issue.
No matter what type of visa or ETA the traveler has, your passport must be valid for at least 180 days from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
2. How to get Sri Lanka online e-visa from Indonesia?
It only takes four steps to apply for a Sri Lankan visa from Indonesia:
- Step 1: Go to "Apply Visa" and fill out an online application form for a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA with necessary information.
- Step 2: Pay for your visa application fee online.
- Step 3: Click the submit button and send us some additional documents if required.
- Step 4: Receive your Sri Lanka ETA in a maximum of 03 business days. Remember to print out your evisa before traveling to Sri Lanka.
Before submitting their form, Indonesia should thoroughly review their responses. Check to see if the card being used has been activated before making an online purchase.
3. Sri Lanka visa ETA cost
Each Sri Lanka ETA price has two costs: the ETA Service Fee and the Government & Administration Fee.
The ETA service fee is divided into three levels, each corresponding to a different type of visa. The applicant selects the appropriate service package based on the need for an e-Visa/ETA and whether or not it is urgent:
- Normal service: If you select this option, your e-visa will be delivered to you within 03 business days.
- Urgent: If you use this service, you may receive your e-visa in as little as 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent: This is the fastest service, with your e-visa being issued within 05 business hours.
Don’t forget to choose the car pickup service option when filling the Sri Lanka visa application form to
4. Why choose the Sri Lanka Immigration Services?
Sri Lanka Immigration Services specializes in ETAs for tourist, business, and transit visas. Our crew of many years of experience consistently provides the best service while saving you time and money.
Choose with confidence the Sri Lanka visa service:
- Secure Online Payment with Safety, Speed, and Reliability.
- Guaranteed delivery within three working days.
- There are no hidden fees or traps.
- If declined, there is a money-back guarantee.
Hope the information in this article about Sri Lanka visa requirements for Indonesians was helpful. You can also learn more about this topic by visiting our FAQs or submitting a free, 24-hour support ticket.