Sri Lanka visa for Malaysian citizens: Requirements and Cost
Sri Lanka is an attractive tourist destination, loved by many Malaysian tourists. If you want to visit this beautiful country, don't miss the article below.
Have you ever had a problem applying for a Sri Lanka visa? Is budget one of your concerns? Today we bring a proper solution for you. The Sri Lankan government has launched a new type of visa in 2012 as a promotion for the tourism industry. Therefore, people that have a travel demand to Sri Lanka can choose an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) besides a casual visa.
In this article, you will see all information about Sri Lanka ETA visa, including Sri Lanka visa requirements for Malaysian citizens, and update the latest information about documents, processes, and costs.
1. Do Malaysians need a visa to visit Sri Lanka?
Malaysia is not a visa-free country to enter Sri Lanka, so Malaysian passport holders need to apply for a Sri Lankan visa before coming to this country.
For a short visit to Sri Lanka, such as tourist, transit, or business,.. the Malaysian travelers should obtain an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization), also called Sri Lanka e-Visa, Visa online.
How many types of Sri Lanka Visa for Malaysian citizens?
Now, the Sri Lanka Visa online (ETA) has three kinds of visas for travelers.
- Sri Lanka travel visa: double-entry for tourism, visit, or medical treatment, and stay period is 30 days from the date of entry.
- Sri Lanka business visa: multiple-entry and stay period is 30 days from the date of first entrance. The Sri Lanka Business ETA is used for business and trading purposes but not for employment.
- Sri Lanka transit visa: only single entry, your period of stay in Sri Lanka is 48 hours from the time of entry.
The Sri Lanka ETA cannot be extended in any case.
2. How to apply for a Visa to Sri Lanka?
As for the traditional way of applying for a visa to Sri Lanka, which is to paste a visa at the Sri Lanka Embassy, now many people choose to paste a very simple online visa.
- Step 1: Apply Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA in an online form at “APPLY VISA”. Here, you have to type your information the same as the details in your passport and the exact personal information of all the people included in your application.
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee online. In this step, make sure that all of your information is correct.
- Step 3: Get your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA. Check your emails frequently to find the confirmation for your information and the time you will get your e-Visa/ETA.
- Step 4: Receive a visa stamped into your passport.
To facilitate your trip and stay connected with friends, you can buy additional Sri Lanka SIM card 4G. At the same time, with only a small fee for Sri Lanka covid insurance, you can have more peace of mind for your trip.
You should also consider a small fee to sign up for our car pick-up service. Our team of professional drivers will be available at the airport to pick you up. Load your luggage in the car and get you safely back to your hotel. What you need to do is rest and enjoy the time.
3. Sri Lanka e-visa fee for Malaysian citizens and payment method:
To pay for a Sri Lanka e-visa for Malaysian citizens processing fee, you need to know about the price structure. Following that, there are 02 kinds of visa fees in your total receipt: the government fee and the service fee.
For the government fee, since Malaysia is not on the exemption list of Sri Lanka, you are required to pay that fee.
For the service fee, there are 03 available options you can choose, depending on how fast do you want for the processing time:
- Normal: you can get your e-visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: your e-visa will be done within 24 hours if you use this type of service.
- Super urgent: this is the highest priority service that can help you get your approval e-visa within just 05 business hours.
Payment method: you can choose to pay your total fee of Sri Lanka e-visa for Malaysian citizens in 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) and wire transfer (HSBC transaction).
4. How long does it take to get a Sri Lanka visa online?
Malaysian passport holders can apply for a Sri Lankan visa online easily and faster through our Sri Lanka ETA services. At our service, you can shorten the time to get the e-Visa/ETA.
Normally, visa applicants will receive their visas online within 3 working days. In case of urgent need, you can receive your visa within 24 working hours. Especially in super urgent situations, you can get a visa in 5 working hours.
Hope this article gives you useful information about the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Malaysian citizens. If you need Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA service information or support, please contact us for 24/7 help.
- Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Afghanistan citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Svalbard
- Visa to Sri Lanka for US citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Pakistani passport hoders
- Sri Lanka visa for Brazilian