Sri Lanka visa for Canadian citizens: Requirements and Fees
If you are a Canadian planning a trip to Sri Lanka, you can now apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Canada in a faster, easier, and more simple manner, rather than going to an embassy and wasting time in long lines.
In this article, we-as an experienced travel consultant- will explain how to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Canadian citizens, as well as the requirements and fees.
Table of contents:
1. What is a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA for Canadian citizens?
The Sri Lankan government created the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA/e-Visa) in 2012 to increase visits from foreign nationals. Canadian citizens are among those who can obtain this electronic travel authorization (e-Visa).
The Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa for Canadian citizens can be obtained by completing an online application, paying the fees, and receiving the approved ETAs via email. The procedure is extremely simple and quick, and it no longer necessitates personal visits to an embassy or consular office. Canadian applicants can complete your requests from the comfort of your own homes in 20 minutes.
2. Types of the Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa for Canadian citizens
Canadian passport holders can choose from the following types of Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa to meet your travel requirements.
- Tourist ETA/e-Visa: Canadians can visit Sri Lanka for sightseeing, visiting or medical treatment. It is valid for 30 days with double-entry and allows you to stay in 30 days.
- Business ETA/e-Visa: Canadians are welcome to visit Sri Lanka for business meetings, conferences, and corporate events. It is also valid for 30 days with multiple-entry and allows you to stay in 30 days.
- Transit ETA/e-Visa: Canadian travelers can request this travel authorization if you are passing by Sri Lanka en route to a third destination. You'll need it if your stay isn't longer than 48 hours.
Visa to Sri Lanka from Canada
The Sri Lankan ETA/e-Visa addresses the majority of the common travel requirements that Canadians will have for short-term visits. However, if Canadian citizens need to stay in Sri Lanka for more than a month in a row or plan to relocate to the country for full-time employment or academic opportunities, we recommend you contact the nearest Sri Lankan consulate or embassy in your location.
3. Sri Lanka visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Canadians will find that obtaining this online visa is simple and straightforward. Before logging in, Canadian travelers need to prepare a scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport, which is valid for six more months from the date of your entry into Sri Lanka.
In addition, you need to take note that if you are not fully vaccinated (2 doses minimum), you have to provide some further details of your accommodation bookings in order to let the local authority easily manage and control if there is any issue. Please note that in those cases, you will have to stay in the certain hotels defined by the government.
Canadians whose passports are about to expire should renew them with your local authorities.
4. How to apply for an online visa to Sri Lanka from Canada
It is very simple to get a Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa for Canadian citizens and now it is even easier with our support. Travelers with Canadian passports just need to follow these only 3 steps below:
- Step 1: Filling the online form with information of your trip and personal details.
- Step 2: Pay for your order's total cost. Check your email to receive advice (if any) and your approved ETA/e-Visa.
- Step 3: Print it out and present it when you enter Sri Lanka.
Apply for Sri Lanka visa from Canada
5. Sri Lanka visa fees for Canadian citizens
To get a Sri Lanka visa from Canada, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee. The total fee will be determined by the type of e-Visa and the time frame in which you require it.
Sri Lanka ETA service includes 3 types along with different fee levels.
- Normal service: This is one of the most cost-effective options which can help you get your ETA within 3 business days.
- Urgent service: With this type, you will get your Sri Lanka e-Visa approximately within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent service: If you have an emergency, by using this service type, you can receive your e-Visa within 5 business hours.
Read more: Sri Lanka online visa (ETA/e-Visa) fees
Sri Lanka visa fees for Canadian citizens
- Sri Lanka Immigration Services
- Sri Lanka ETA Visa processing time
- Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for German citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for UK citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for French citizens
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands