Sri Lanka visa for Canadian citizens: Requirements and Fees
If you are a Canadian planning a trip to Sri Lanka, you can now apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Canada in a faster, easier, and more simple manner, rather than going to an embassy and wasting time in long lines.
In this article, we-as an experienced travel consultant- will explain how to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Canadian citizens, as well as the requirements and fees.
1. What is a Sri Lanka e-Visa for Canadian citizens?
The Sri Lankan government created the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA/e-Visa) in 2012 to increase visits from foreign nationals. Canadian citizens are among those who can obtain this electronic travel authorization (e-Visa).
The Sri Lanka e-Visa for Canadian citizens can be obtained by completing an online application, paying the fees, and receiving the approved ETAs via email. The procedure is extremely simple and quick, and it no longer necessitates personal visits to an embassy or consular office. Canadian applicants can complete your requests from the comfort of your own homes in 20 minutes.
2. Types of the Sri Lanka ETA for Canadian citizens
Canadian passport holders can choose from the following types of Sri Lanka e-Visa to meet your travel requirements.
- Tourist e-Visa: Canadians can visit Sri Lanka for sightseeing, visiting, or medical treatment. The tourist ETA is valid for 30 days with double entry and allows you to stay for 30 days.
- Business e-Visa: Canadians are welcome to visit Sri Lanka for business meetings, conferences, and corporate events. Business ETA is also valid for 30 days with multiple entry and allows you to stay in 30 days.
- Transit e-Visa: Canadian travelers can request this travel authorization if you are passing by Sri Lanka en route to a third destination. You'll need Transit ETA if your stay isn't longer than 48 hours.
The Sri Lankan ETA/e-Visa addresses the majority of the common travel requirements that Canadians will have for short-term visits. However, if Canadian citizens need to stay in Sri Lanka for more than a month in a row or plan to relocate to the country for full-time employment or academic opportunities, we recommend you contact the nearest Sri Lankan embassy or consulate in your location.
Visa to Sri Lanka from Canada
3. Sri Lanka visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Canadians will find that obtaining this online visa is simple and straightforward. Before logging in, Canadian travelers need to prepare a scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport, which is valid for six more months from the date of your entry into Sri Lanka.
In addition, you need to take note that if you are not fully vaccinated (2 doses minimum), you have to provide some further details of your accommodation bookings in order to let the local authority easily manage and control if there is any issue. Please note that in those cases, you will have to stay in certain hotels defined by the government.
Canadians whose passports are about to expire should renew them with your local authorities.
4. How to apply for an online visa to Sri Lanka from Canada
It is very simple to get a Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa for Canadian citizens and now it is even easier with our support. Travelers with Canadian passports just need to follow these only 3 steps below:
- Step 1: Filling the online form with the information about your trip and personal details.
- Step 2: Pay for your order's total cost. Check your email to receive advice (if any) and your approved ETA/e-Visa.
- Step 3: Print it out and present it when you enter Sri Lanka.
Nowadays, applying for Sri Lanka visa is easier with ETA visa. With just a device connected to the internet, you can apply for a visa from anywhere in the world. Save a lot of time and effort.
Apply for Sri Lanka visa from Canada
5. Sri Lanka visa fees for Canadian citizens
To get a Sri Lanka visa from Canada, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee. The total fee will be determined by the type of e-Visa and the time frame in which you require it.
Sri Lanka ETA service includes 3 types along with different fee levels.
- Normal service: This is one of the most cost-effective options which can help you get your ETA within 3 business days.
- Urgent service: With this type, you will get your Sri Lanka e-Visa approximately within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent service: If you have an emergency, by using this service type, you can receive your e-Visa within 5 business hours.
Don't miss our car pick-up service in Sri Lanka. With only a small fee for successful registration, you will be picked up at the Airport upon arrival. Sign up today.
Sri Lanka visa fees for Canadian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Canadian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa requirements for Australian citizens
- Do Lebanese need visa to Sri Lanka?
- Sri Lanka visa for UAE citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Indian
- Sri Lanka visa for Pakistani price
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements for Canada Citizens FAQs
Yes. Canadian citizens need a visa to travel to Sri Lanka because Canada is not on the exemption list for Sri Lanka visas. Canadian citizens now can apply for a Sri Lanka electronic visa which saves time and costs.
Since 2012, travelers who want to enter Sri Lanka for a short-term visit can use the Sri Lanka ETA. This type of online visa allows visitors to visit Sri Lanka for purposes such as tourism, business, or transit. The visa application process is simple and just takes the applicants a few minutes to complete. Canadian citizens who want to come to Sri lanka for other purposes such as study abroad, work, etc, need to apply for a visa at the Sri Lanka consulate in Canada or anywhere.
Read more about Sri Lanka visa for Canadian citizens
Canadian citizens or any citizen using our Sri Lanka online visa service can check their visa status quickly and simply.
We offer our customers an "check visa status online" feature using their passport number.
You just need to enter the exact information required, including:
- Application Reference (or Your Full Name)
- Passport Number
- Your Email ( which you use to apply)
- Your Request
Results will be sent to your registered email in less than 30 minutes.
The Sri Lanka online visa for Canadian citizens has different options time:
- Tourist online visa is valid for 06 months from the date of issuance.
- The business visa is valid for 06 months from the issued date.
- From the day it is issued, the transfer/transit visa is valid for 06 months.
Read more about the validity of the visa of Sri Lanka Immigration Services for each type of Sri Lanka ETA visa.
If Canadian citizens want to stay in Sri Lanka for longer than 30 days, it is possible to extend the visa up to a maximum of 90 days after arrival in Sri Lanka.
Yes. Canadians should print out the approved ETA visa.
Although Sri Lanka Immigration Officer at the border checkpoint checks the passport number and date of birth and generally then finds the ETA in their systems.
But to be sure in case of any errors, Canadian visitors who have Sri Lanka ETA visa holders, should bring a printout of their confirmation e-mail or status check screen just.
When the Sri Lanka Immigration Service has approved the visa application, Canadian candidates will receive an email with a status update. In it is a link to a secured part of this website, where you can download the visa.
You are required to print all of the visas for all travelers, and take them with you on your trip.
An important tip for Canadian visitors: Let's keep the visa with your passport in your hand luggage.
Generally speaking, Sri Lanka online visa applications are processed and approved within a few days. Canadian candidates can get the approval visa by email.
For customers using our Sri lanka online visa service, you will have 3 different time points to receive visa approval. Specifically:
- Normal visa: 03 business days.
- Urgent visa: 24 hours.
- Super urgent visa: 05 business hours
After making the payment for your application form, if you do not receive an approval visa by the level of services you booked, let's contact us.