Check Sri Lanka visa for Kiribati citizens: Requirements and Cost
Sri Lanka is one of the most attractive island countries in the world in the Indian Ocean. Coming to Sri Lanka, you will come to a land of Buddhism known as the cradle of Theravada Buddhism along with Buddhist relics and architectural works imbued with cultural identity. In addition, this place also charms you with beautiful natural scenery with green tea hills and poetic beaches.
So, if you are planning to visit this country, let's check the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Kiribati citizens in the article below. All the latest updates for your visa application, about documents required, processing time, the visa cost, and so on.
1. Does Kiribati need a Sri Lanka visa to enter?
Kiribati passport holders considering tourism, business, or transit journey to Sri Lanka can enter the country without a visa. They only need to apply online for a Sri Lanka ETA (also referred to as a visa waiver).
What is the Sri Lanka visa ETA?
The Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) was introduced for the first time in 2012.
This was implemented to facilitate the Sri Lanka online visa application for eligible citizens.
If Kiribati citizens plan to visit Sri Lanka for any other reason or for an extended period of time, they should schedule an appointment with the Sri Lanka Embassy in Kiribati.
2. How many types of Sri Lanka visas/ETA for Kiribati citizens?
The Sri Lankan government offers three types of Sri Lanka ETA to Kiribati nationals for short-term stays:
2.1. Sri Lanka tourist visa/ETA for Kiribati citizens
The Sri Lanka ETA for tourism is a multifunctional travel authorization that allows Kiribati citizens to enter Sri Lanka for a range of reasons. It covers the following topics:
- Recreation includes relaxation, cultural activities, and other sorts of entertainment.
- Visit family and friends who live in the country.
- Participate in sporting events
- Seek medical help.
- Participate in cultural events and contests.
Once accepted, it is valid for 6 months and allows travelers from Kiribati to enter two times and stay for 30 days each.
2.2. Sri Lanka business visa/ETA for Kiribati citizens
The Sri Lankan government offers the Sri Lanka ETA for business to Kiribati professionals and investors interested in the following activities:
- Participate in conferences and seminars.
- Participate in business meetings.
- Take part in cultural events.
- Short-term training courses must be completed.
The business ETA permits multiple entries within 6 months from the issued date and allows for a 30-day stay in the country each.
2.3. Sri Lanka transit visa/ETA for Kiribati citizens
Kiribati residents going via Sri Lanka on their way to the third destination with a connecting aircraft that takes 8 hours or longer must apply for a transit ETA in Sri Lanka. Passengers with a confirmed onward ticket and a shorter connecting time are exempt from providing this ETA.
If their stay exceeds 48 hours, the Transit ETA expires and they must apply for a tourist ETA or another visa.
3. How to apply the Sri Lanka visa/ETA
Apply for Sri Lanka ETA from Kiribati or anywhere else with an internet connection. There are only four basic procedures to obtaining a Sri Lanka ETA to enter the country.
- Step 1: Apply for a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA online.
Sign in to your account on the Sri Lanka Immigration website and fill out the online form under " APPLY VISA"
- Step 2: Pay the visa application cost online.
Check all information to confirm it is correct. Then, choose a payment method and go to the secure page to finish the purchase.
- Step 3: Obtain a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA.
Check the emails you used to apply for an ETA online for confirmation of information and the time you will get your e-Visa/ETA, or check the status of the visa/ETA on the website. Applicants from Kiribati should double-check their information to confirm it is correct, then print the e-Visa/ETA and carry it with them to Sri Lanka.
- Step 4: Obtain a visa stamp on your passport
Kiribati citizens who arrive in Sri Lanka with a valid e-Visa/ETA will have their passports stamped. In order to renew or prolong our stay, we must keep track of the validity time of our e-Visa/ETA.
4. Processing time and cost of Sri Lanka ETA
4.1. Check processing time
Once a Kiribati passport bearer has filled out an application form and paid the Sri Lanka ETA fee, the Sri Lankan government assesses their request.
You may choose the best service based on how fast you want ETA results. The faster the ETA approval time, the greater the cost. The following are the three separate charge levels:
- Normal: For those who require an e-Visa/ETA within 03 business days.
- Urgent: For Kiribati passport holders who require an e-Visa/ETA in less than 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent: For those who require an e-Visa/ETA in less than 5 business hours.
4.2. Cost of Sri Lanka ETA
To get a Sri Lanka e-visa/ETA, Kiribati nationals must pay two types of Sri Lanka visa fees: a Government charge and a Service cost.
- The Government ETA fee is a mandatory charge that the applicant must pay in order to process the e-Visa/ETA.
- The Visa/ETA service fee: The amount you must pay in advance for an ETA service in Sri Lanka is known as the service charge. It varies according to the service you utilize. The quicker you wish to acquire your ETA for Sri Lanka, the higher the service charge.
You may further enhance your vacation by purchasing one of the two packages listed below:
- Sri Lanka 4G Sim card service: This service keeps you connected to the internet during your journey. You can conduct your job and keep up with your social media activity without interruptions.
- Insurance service: Make your vacation safer and more secure in the event of an unforeseen event (lost luggage, delays, etc.)
Hope the article above gives you useful information to apply for a. If you are busy or don’t clear the processing time to apply, let's contact us 24/7. Our professional team with many years of experience in Sri Lanka visa/ETA service Sri Lanka visa for Kiribati citizens will help you. Of course, save a lot of time and money to get the approved ETA.
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands