Sri Lanka Visa for South African: Requirements and Cost
While citizens of South Africa may be able to enter several countries with only a passport, many other countries will require the use of a Visa. This is the situation with Sri Lanka, which requires South African nationals to apply for a Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) before traveling there for personal reasons.
This article will describe Sri Lanka visa requirements for South African citizens, as well as the conditions and expenses.
1. Sri Lanka visa requirement for South African citizens
South African passport holders with an ETA can enter Sri Lanka (which is called an Electronic Travel Authorization).
In contrast to traditional visa applications, South African passport holders can complete the online process to apply for a Visa (ETA) in a matter of minutes. You may utilize our expert Sri Lankan visa service if you want to save more time and money.
With over 10 years of expertise in offering Sri Lanka Visa Online (ETA) services to many customers, our skilled staff is always ready to provide you with the finest experience possible.
Type of Sri Lanka visa for South African citizens
All South African passport holders who wish to enter Sri Lanka must get a visa.
The Sri Lanka ETA has a validity of 06 months from the issued date, enabling South African citizens to stay for up to 30 days. There are three types of e-Visas available, including:
- e-Tourist Visa/ETA: South African nationals can remain in Sri Lanka for 30 days from the date of arrival. Under Sri Lankan law, this type of visa can be used for purposes such as travel, short-term treatment, meetings, or other activities. This is a double entry visa.
- Except for work, a business visa/ETA allows someone with an international role to stay in Sri Lanka for a maximum of 30 days from the date of entry. South African nationals can visit Sri Lanka as many times as they wish with this visa within the validity period.
- Transit Visa/ETA: Please keep in mind that you will have a maximum of 48 hours to stay in Sri Lanka for the purpose of transiting to another destination.
South African passport holders who want to work or remain permanently in Sri Lanka are unable to apply for a Sri Lankan ETA. The applicant must get a typical visa from a Sri Lankan embassy or consulate in this circumstance.
2. How to apply Sri Lanka online visa (ETA/e-Visa) for South African citizens
South African people can now simply apply for Sri Lanka ETA from South Africa. Sri Lanka Immigration Services can assist you in completing the online application procedure, after which you will be able to obtain your travel document very fast.
The following are the four steps in the Sri Lanka eTA Visa processing time:
- Step 1: Fill out an online application for a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA.
- Step 2: Pay the visa application cost online.
- Step 3: Submit your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA application
- Step 4: Download and print out your Sri Lanka ETA. Have your visa stamped in your passport.
3. Sri Lanka visa for South African citizens cost
The Sri Lanka visa fee consists of two components: the visa service cost and the government fee. The Government fee is compulsory for South African citizens to obtain their ETA.
Regarding the Service charge, the overall cost of the Sri Lanka ETA will vary depending on the type of visa you apply for. There are three tiers of service fees, which are as follows:
- Normally, a traveler may obtain an e-Visa/ETA within 03 business days. This is a safer option for low-budget vacations, so if you're not in a hurry, give it a shot.
- Urgent: If the tourist has already prepared everything and receives an e-Visa/ETA within 24 hours of the last step, it is the best option in terms of fee vs. convenience.
- Super Urgent: The tourist can obtain an e-Visa/ETA within 05 business hours if they have an urgent need. The faster you can obtain it, the higher the fee for your fantastic service experience.
In addition, for a nominal cost, you may use our extra services to ensure that your vacation to Sri Lanka goes as well as possible:
- Insurance services: boost your chances of being covered from the Covid-19 epidemic's progression.
- Stay connected with friends and family while traveling with a Sri Lanka 4G Sim card.
- Car pick-up service: you just rest in the car, the driver will pick you up at the airport and put your luggage in the car, then will take you back to your hotel safely
4. What are the required documents to apply for the Sri Lanka ETA?
To ensure a successful application process ETA, please ensure that the following paperwork is properly completed:
- Passport: must be valid for at least 180 days after arriving in Sri Lanka, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for verification.
- Email address: Make sure you provide a genuine email address to which you have access. Because if your application is approved, the ETA will send you an email in PDF format. You should print it out before traveling to Sri Lanka.
- Payment options include credit or debit card, PayPal, or bank transfer (to the Bank of Cyprus).
What advisory Sri Lanka travel for South African citizens
- Let's have a look at the most recent information before you plan a trip to Sri Lanka.
- Follow the COVID-19 guidelines provided by local authorities.
- Keep an eye on local media for breaking news and change your plans accordingly.
- South African people traveling overseas should always have an emergency plan in place.
Hope the preceding article has provided you with further information regarding the Sri Lanka visa requirements for South African citizens. If you want a speedier resolution, please call us 24/7, or visit Sri Lanka FAQs for additional information.