Sri Lanka visa requirements for Maldives citizens in November 2023
- Check Sri Lanka visa for Maldives citizens
- Step by step to apply for Sri Lanka e visa from Maldives
- How much Sri Lanka visa fee for Maldives citizens?
- Sri Lanka Visa for Maldives Citizens FAQs
- Sri Lanka Visa Application Services at srilankaimmigration.org
Passport holders from the Maldives must obtain a visa in order to enter Sri Lanka. The ETA of Sri Lanka is easily accessible to Maldivians. Follow the instructions in the article below to get a Sri Lankan visa for Maldivians.
Check Sri Lanka visa for Maldives citizens
Maldives citizens must obtain a visa to enter Sri Lanka. Before departing, be aware that Maldives citizens must obtain the Sri Lanka ETA, which serves as a visa for Maldives. But you won't have to wait in an embassy: the Sri Lanka ETA was created by the Department of Immigration to make it easier for tourists to visit the country. Maldives citizens are among those who can apply for this document online.
The Sri Lanka eVisa (Sri Lanka ETA) is valid for 6 months (180 days) from the date of approval, with visitors allowed to stay for up to 30 days per visit.
The online ETA process can significantly reduce processing time, as it eliminates the need for paper-based submissions and manual data entry.
Types of Sri Lanka Visa available for Maldives citizens
The ETA application is similar, but you must choose the document based on your trip's purpose. On our website, Sri Lanka Immigration Services, we provide three types of ETAs for travelers:
1. Tourist Visa
Visiting Sri Lanka for sightseeing, excursions, relaxation, visiting relatives, or yoga training for a duration of up to one month is made possible for Maldives tourists with a Tourist Visa. The visa is valid for 60 days and allows for double entries. It can be extended for a maximum of 30 days during the stay in Sri Lanka. Note that cruise ship travelers who want to enter Sri Lanka must first get a Tourist Visa.
2. Business Visa
A Business Visa for Sri Lanka is a type of visa that is issued to foreign nationals who visit the country for business purposes. This visa is valid for a short period of time, usually for one, or two trips. With a Business ETA, individuals are permitted to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days to conduct business activities. This type of visa is ideal for foreign entrepreneurs and investors who plan to make business trips to Sri Lanka.
3. Transit Visa
The Sri Lanka Transit Visa is a type of entry permit that enables foreign nationals to enter Sri Lanka while they're traveling to another country. It's only valid for a maximum of 2 days and is only restricted to the airport area. A fee-free visa is issued to Maldives citizens who need to stop in Sri Lanka. However, if you wish to leave the airport and explore Sri Lanka, you'll need to cancel your Transit Visa and apply for a Tourist Visa instead.
The online ETA application process is usually available 24/7, giving travelers the flexibility to apply at a time that suits them.
Step by step to apply for Sri Lanka e visa from Maldives
Before traveling to Sri Lanka, Maldives passport holders need to obtain a visa. Obtaining a Sri Lanka ETA is easy for Maldives citizens. Simply follow the steps outlined to get your Sri Lanka visa.
The process of obtaining a Sri Lanka ETA for Maldives citizens is straightforward and effortless. Simply follow the 4 steps outlined:
- Fill out the online form at srilankaimmigration.org with the necessary travel and personal information, including an email address.
- Pay the fees and receive confirmation via email.
- Print the approved e-visa and bring it with you to Sri Lanka.
- Have your passport stamped with the visa upon arrival.
Check Sri Lanka visa status
ETAs from Maldives for a tourist visa to Sri Lanka are typically approved within 24 hours to three days of submission.
However, you can check the status of your Sri Lanka Tourist ETA by following the instructions below:
- Visit the Sri Lanka Immigration Services website.
- 'Check Status' can be found in the menu bar.
- Enter the necessary information.
- Find out the current status of your Sri Lanka Tourist Visa.
How much Sri Lanka visa fee for Maldives citizens?
In Sri Lanka, there are two types of online visa fees: government fees and service fees.
- The government fee is a fee that must be paid to the government of Sri Lanka.
- The service fee is the amount you must pay in advance for our services, which includes advising you on Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA, supplying the necessary documents, reviewing your application, and providing application results. We will receive your e-Visa/ETA from the Sri Lankan government and email it to you so that you can print it before arriving at the Sri Lankan port.
Keep in mind, the service fee provides peace of mind, a streamlined application process, and higher approval visa rate.
How long will it take Sri Lanka online visa?
Maldives citizens who are eligible to apply for an ETA online have three options depending on how quickly they want the electronic visa processed. The price varies depending on the type of processing time:
- An e-Visa is typically issued within three business days.
- Obtain an e-Visa in less than 1 processing day.
- Get an e-Visa in as little as 5 business hours.
Sri Lanka Visa for Maldives Citizens FAQs
If you're ready to start planning your Sri Lanka visa from Maldives, you should now have the majority of the information you need to start the online application process. However, Sri Lanka Immigration Services understands that in some cases, you may require additional guidance, so keep reading to find out more.
Travelers can easily monitor the status of their ETA application, as well as receive notifications when their visa is approved.
Best time to apply for Sri Lanka visa
Applying for a Sri Lanka visa seven days prior to your trip is ideal. In case of urgency, our expedited visa service is available for those who need a visa in a hurry. This service processes your visa application quickly and delivers the results to you in a timely manner.
What are the online e-visa conditions for Maldives citizens in Sri Lanka?
Maldives applicants must first provide us with some information so that we can handle the paperwork before applying for an ETA. You should be able to complete everything on the list because it is short. Here are some things to consider:
- Passports must be valid for at least six months. Also, take a look at the information page.
- A passport photo was taken digitally.
- A credit/debit card or a PayPal account can be used to make payments.
Sri Lanka Visa Application Services at srilankaimmigration.org
Welcome to srilankaimmigration.org! Here you can apply for visas to Sri Lanka. When you apply with us, you will get the following benefits:
- Secure application process – Your personal information is protected and encrypted during the application process.
- Quick visa processing – With our expedited visa service, you can receive your visa in as little as 24 hours.
- Error-free guarantee – We guarantee error-free applications and will fix any issues that may arise during the process.
- Affordable prices – Our service fees are competitive and affordable, making it easy for you to get your visa without breaking the bank.
Please contact us if you have any questions or want to book Sri Lanka online visa Now!