Sri Lanka visa for Portuguese citizens: Requirements and Cost in December 2023
- 1. Sri Lanka Visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
- 2. Type of Sri Lanka Visa for Portuguese citizens
- 3. How to apply Sri Lanka Online Visa (ETA/e-Visa) for Portuguese citizens
- 4. Sri Lanka visa for Portuguese citizens cost
- 5. Some notes for easy e-visa/ETA approval
Portugal is one of the nations whose residents can enter Sri Lanka with an e-Visa. As a Portuguese national, you are not required to apply for a visa at the nearest Sri Lankan embassy. So, how do you apply for a visa to Sri Lanka from Portugal?
This article will walk you through the whole process of applying for a Sri Lanka visa for Portuguese citizens, including the requirements and expenses.
1. Sri Lanka Visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
Typically, an electronic travel permission application is handled within 03 business days. Because the Sri Lankan Government's program is aimed at developing the tourist sector, preparing the documentation to apply for it is simple.
Here's everything you'll need to get started: A copy of your current passport. All Portuguese nationals must have a passport valid for at least 6 months after their arrival in Sri Lanka, as well as at least two blank pages for stamping.
Alternatively, having Covid-19 Insurance is advantageous for the approval of your visa application.
Please keep in mind that the email address you supply us must be a genuine one. We will retrieve your ETA from the government and email it to you in PDF format, so please supply an email address to which you have access. Before you depart, remember to print a physical copy.
2. Type of Sri Lanka Visa for Portuguese citizens
To satisfy their travel needs, Portuguese passport holders can pick from the following forms of Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa.
Portuguese citizens can go to Sri Lanka for sightseeing, visiting, or receiving medical treatment. Tourist e-visa is valid for 06 months from the date of issuance with double entries and permits you to stay in the country for 30 days from the arrival date.
ETA/e-Visa for Business
Portuguese citizens are invited to visit Sri Lanka for business meetings, conferences, and corporate events. Sri Lanka e-visa for business is also valid for 06 months with multiple entries and permits you to stay in the country for 30 days from the entry date.
If you are traveling through Sri Lanka on your way to another location, you can seek this travel authorization. This type of visa permits a 48-hour transit at Sri Lanka airport. If your stay isn't longer than 48 hours, you'll require transit e-visa.
3. How to apply Sri Lanka Online Visa (ETA/e-Visa) for Portuguese citizens
It is relatively straightforward for Portuguese people to obtain a Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa, and it is now much simpler with the assistance from Sri Lanka Immigration Services. Travelers holding Portuguese passports simply need to do the three actions listed below:
- Step 1: Complete the application ETA online form with information on your trip and personal information. Portuguese visitors must supply information such as their complete name, date of birth, and current residence.
- Step 2: Pay the whole amount of your order. Check your email for any guidance (if any) as well as your approved ETA/e-Visa.
- Step 3: Submit the visa application for review.
- Step 4: Print it and bring it with you when you enter Sri Lanka.
Tourism, transit, and business are all valid reasons to visit Sri Lanka under any of the three ETAs.
The e-Visa/ETA should be printed in a physical copy and carried with you in your passport.
Check that your Portuguese passport is valid for at least 180 days from the arrival date in Sri Lanka and that at least 02 visa pages are clear of any marks.
4. Sri Lanka visa for Portuguese citizens cost
To apply for a Sri Lanka e-visa for Portuguese nationals, you must pay two (2) types of Sri Lanka ETA fees: the Service Cost and Government Cost.
The ETA service fee has three alternatives for processing the e-Visa at Sri Lanka Immigration Services. You can select the one that best meets your requirements.
- Standard service: your wait time will be 03 business days.
- Urgent service: your visa application will be ready within 24 hours.
- Super urgent service: you will receive the final outcome within 05 business hours.
Sri Lanka extra services
For a small fee, you can choose from the following services to make your Sri Lanka trip more enjoyable:
- Sim card service: connecting to the internet throughout your journey, you can completely solve your online tasks such as replying to messages, checking emails. at the same time, can stay in touch with family and friends during the trip
- Car pick-up service: you just rest in the car, the driver will pick you up at the airport and put your luggage in the car, then will take you back to your hotel safely
- Insurance service: more peace of mind with the trip by medical benefits and insurances when unexpected incidents occur.
5. Some notes for easy e-visa/ETA approval
The processing time to get Sri Lanka ETA is quick as such as the ETA approved soon. Some notes for Portuguese applicants.
- The applicant must fill out the Visa online application form with their personal details. Make certain that all of your personal information is correct.
- The scan copy of the biographical page of the Portuguese passport must be clear. Passport with your photo, personal information, passport issuance, and expiration dates.
If you have any unanswered queries concerning the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Portuguese citizens, please contact us at any time. We provide you not only the famed Sri Lankan ETA service but also a swift and useful information consulting channel.