Sri Lanka visa for Botswana citizens: Requirements and ETA cost in December 2023
Botswana residents are among those who can enter Sri Lanka with electronic travel authorization (ETA). Furthermore, as a Botswana national, you need to obtain a Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa prior to departure.
Fortunately, that visa application process is available online, and you can apply for a visa through Sri Lanka Immigration Services. The entire procedure is completed online, and you can have your results as soon as possible.
This article will explain how Botswana citizens can apply for a Sri Lanka visa, as well as the requirements and costs. Let's discover with Sri Lanka Immigration Services now.
1. Sri Lanka visa for Botswana citizens
The Sri Lankan government introduced the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA/e-Visa) system in 2012 to encourage foreign visitors traveling to Sri Lanka. Botswana citizens can now apply for this electronic travel authorization(e-Visa).
Botswana nationals can obtain the Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa by completing an online application, paying the fees, and receiving the approved ETAs via email. The process is exceedingly simple and quick, with no personal visits to an embassy or consulate office required. Botswana candidates can submit their requests from the comfort of their own homes in 20 minutes.
Of course, travelers who wish to visit Sri Lanka for purposes other than tourism, or business can apply for a Sri Lanka visa/ETA the old-fashioned way by visiting the Sri Lanka Embassy in Botswana.
Types of Sri Lanka online visas for Botswana citizens
Botswana citizens can apply for one of three types of Sri Lanka Visa Online (ETAs):
- Tourist e-Visas: A Sri Lanka tourist visa for Botswana allows Botswana travelers to enter Sri Lanka twice and stay there for up to 30 days from the arrival date. This visa is valid for 6 months from the issued date; please keep this in mind and have a safe trip.
- The Transit ETA is only granted in very specific circumstances. The passenger is not permitted to leave the airport at all. The traveler must have a connecting flight out of the same airport where they arrived within two days (48 hours). It is granted solely to allow Botswana citizens to travel through Sri Lanka to their ultimate destination. This is a single entry visa.
- The Business ETA allows for multiple entries into Sri Lanka, and the total duration of stay is up to 30 days. It is available with this ETA for your purposes such as investing, holding a conference, or holding an international business meeting in Sri Lanka. NOT for employment purposes. The validity period is 6 months from the date of issuance.
With this important point in mind, your passports must have a maximum validity of 180 days from the intended arrival date in Sri Lanka, regardless of the type of visa or ETA the traveler holds.
2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Botswana passport holders?
It is relatively easy for Botswana residents to obtain a Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa, and it is now even easier with the assistance of Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
Travelers with Botswana passports only need to take the three steps listed below:
- Step 1: Enter your travel and personal information into the online form. The information must be accurate and up to date.
- Step 2: Make full payment for your order. Check your email for any additional documents required (if any), as well as your approved ETA/e-Visa.
- Step 3: Print your Sri Lanka ETA and bring it with you when you travel to Sri Lanka.
3. How much is the Sri Lanka visa fee?
All Botswana passport holders, as well as all other citizens, are required to pay the Sri Lanka ETA fee. It includes both the ETA service fee and the Government fee.
- Visa service charge: the fee paid when using visa online services.
- When applying for an ETA visa in Sri Lanka, visitors are also required to pay a government fee.
You can also use the Sri Lanka 4G SIM Card service to stay in touch with family and friends while on vacation. You should also consider purchasing Sri Lanka insurance plan at the same time for added peace of mind.
Now, at the Sri Lanka Immigration website, we also provide the Sri Lanka car pickup service for travelers. Just once when filling the application form, the Botswana candidates can book the airport transfer service quickly and simply.
The visa/ETA processing time is short. The Sri Lanka ETA is obtained in three steps. The sooner you need a visa online, the higher the cost. Currently, Sri Lanka Immigration Services provides customers with 03 types of service:
- Normal processing: The average processing time for an e-Visa/ETA is 03 business days. Most customers choose this standard service because it is the cheapest option.
- Urgent processing: Your e-Visa/ETA will be issued within 24 business hours.
- Supper urgent processing: you will receive your e-Visa/ETA within 5 business hours.
The above information is intended to help you better understand Sri Lanka visa requirements for Botswana citizens. If you have any further questions or concerns about ETA, please contact our support team as soon as possible, at no cost. Simultaneously, you can find related questions on this topic in the Sri Lanka visa FAQs section.