Sri Lanka visa requirements for Surinamese citizens
- 1. Suriname citizens need a visa to visit Sri Lanka
- 2. How to apply for a visa for Sri Lanka from Suriname?
- 3. Cost of Sri Lanka online visa for Suriname citizens
- 4. Sri Lanka e-Visa FAQs for Suriname citizens
Sri Lanka tourism is known as the "pearl of the Indian Ocean". This place attracts visitors by its impressive wild natural sceneries with clear blue beaches. Sri Lanka is also famous as a country with a long history and an ancient Buddhist cultural center.
If you are a Suriname citizen and plan to travel to Sri Lanka, please see the article below. We have put together ready for you the information about Sri Lanka visa requirements for Suriname citizens, process, fees and required documents.
Let's watch it together!
1. Suriname citizens need a visa to visit Sri Lanka
Suriname citizens require a visa to enter Sri Lanka because their country is not on the visa exemption list. Sri Lanka ETA is an official permit for a brief visit to Sri Lanka. This type of travel authorization is issued electronically and is valid for a period of six months from the date of issuance.
Suriname passport holders can use this ETA to visit Sri Lanka for tourism, business, or transit purposes.
How to get a visa for Sri Lanka from Suriname?
Obtaining a visa for Sri Lanka from Suriname is simple and takes little time. Suriname passport holders offers two options for obtaining a Sri Lanka e-visa:
- Request a regular visa from the Sri Lanka Embassy in Suriname.
- Online applications on the Sri Lanka Immigration Services website.
Surinamese citizens can apply for a electronic visa to Sri Lanka through a simple and quick application process. In 2012, the Sri Lankan government launched an online visa system, allowing citizens of eligible countries to apply for an ETA for short-term visits.
Types of Sri Lanka electronic visa for Suriname citizens?
Instead of visiting an Embassy, Suriname citizens can now apply for a Sri Lanka visa online, saving time and money.
There are three types of Sri Lanka ETA available:
2. How to apply for a visa for Sri Lanka from Suriname?
The ETA has streamlined the visa application process. Suriname citizens can complete the visa application form on the Sri Lanka Immigration Services website in as little as 15 minutes.
The procedure is comprised of three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the application form with the required information. In this step, Suriname passport holders need to provide information about their ETA (number of visas, type of visa, processing time), as well as personal information (full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, passport number).
- Step 2: Suriname visitors should go over all of the information they entered in the previous step. After that, they need to pay the Sri Lanka visa fee online.
- Step 3: To finish the application, click the "Submit" button and send us some supporting documents.
The Sri Lanka ETA is frequently issued within 05 business hours to 03 business days. Furthermore, Suriname citizens can use the Rush Visa service. Suriname travelers will be able to receive their ETA in 5 business hours after submitting their visa application using this service.
When the ETA is issued, it will be sent in PDF format to the applicant's email address. Before traveling to Sri Lanka, they should download and print out their approved travel document. It is recommended that Suriname travelers bring at least a copy of their ETA with them to present to the Immigration Officer at the port of entry.
What documents are required for a Suriname passport holder to get a Sri Lanka online visa?
The visa application process is straightforward and takes only a few minutes to complete. Suriname nationals should obtain all required documents before applying for a Sri Lanka ETA.
- During the process, a valid passport and an email address must be provided.
- When the ETA is issued, it will be sent to Suriname citizens' email addresses.
- When they arrive, they need to show their passport to the immigration officer at the port of entry in order to obtain the necessary clearance. It is recommended that Surinamese residents bring a copy of their ETA approval with them.
3. Cost of Sri Lanka online visa for Suriname citizens
Sri Lanka visa fees for Suriname candidates
Suriname citizens applying for a visa online will be charged two types of Sri Lanka e-visa fees: service fees and government fees (this is a mandatory fee).
Sri Lanka Immigration Services will include giving you advice about the Sri Lanka e-Visa, providing the documents you need, checking your application, and providing you with the result of your application for the service fee. We will collect your e-Visa from the Sri Lankan government and send it to you before your trip.
Sri Lanka e-visa processing time
The service fee is determined by the processing time selected by Suriname citizens for their visa application. Sri Lanka Immigration Services offers three options for visa processing time:
- Normal: In most cases, when Suriname visitors have enough time to prepare their documents. They will receive their e-Visa within a maximum of 03 business days. This service has the lowest cost.
- Urgent: For special circumstances in which Surinamese nationals require their visa immediately. With this option, they will receive their Visa in a maximum of 24 hours. As a result, citizens of Suriname need to pay an additional fee for this service.
- Super urgent: Used in cases where Suriname passport holders are about to board a flight but do not yet have a Visa for entry. They can get your Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 5 business hours with this special offer. This is the most expensive Rush visa service.
Sri Lanka extra immigration services
Sri Lanka Immigration Services now provides a number of extra services to enhance your Sri Lanka experience. Let's go exploring!
- Sri Lanka travel insurance provides greater peace of mind for your trip because it covers the entire trip. In addition, the insurance package you purchase from us already includes covid insurance, which is required by the Sri Lankan government for visitors.
- Sri Lanka sim card: connect to the internet throughout your trip, allowing you to complete online tasks and share your journey with family and friends.
- Airport car pick-up service: You can register for this service with just one entry at registration. A team of professional drivers will meet you at the airport and transport you quickly and safely to your destination. What you need to do after a long flight is rest.
4. Sri Lanka e-Visa FAQs for Suriname citizens
Answer your questions about the Sri Lanka visa for Suriname citizens right in the content below!
How long is a Sri Lanka tourist visa valid?
A Sri Lanka tourist visa is valid for 06 months from the date of issuance. It permits double entries into Sri Lanka. It is very simple to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA for Suriname citizens on the Sri Lanka Immigration Services website.
What happens once I submit my application for the Sri Lanka visa for Suriname citizens?
Once you complete the visa application form and pay the visa fee, Suriname citizens will receive a confirmation email from Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
In this email, we will inform you that we have received your visa application and require you to provide documentation if required. After confirming all the necessary information and documents, we will help you submit your application to the Sri Lankan Government for review.
Can I apply for my family or friends?
Yes. Sri Lanka Immigration Services allows you to apply for a group of up to 15 applicants. By applying for a group of people, you can save a lot of time. The online application form is simple which takes you only a few minutes to complete.
At Sri Lanka Immigration Services, all the travel details and contact information can be filled in the application form in once. You just need to make a single combined payment
Click the “Apply e-visa/ ETA” button at the header of Sri Lanka Immigration Services’ website where you can find the online visa application form. In the field “number of visas”, you can choose the number of applicants for your group.
Can I extend my stay beyond the 30-day limit?
Yes. A Sri Lanka ETA allows you to stay in the country for up to 30 days.
However, if you wish to extend your stay for more than 30 days, you can apply for a visa extension at the Head Office of the Department of Immigration and Emigration.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services strongly advise you to request a visa extension before your visa is set to expire to prevent penalties and hassles. If your stay exceeds the validity of your visa, you risk having your extension request denied, or even being detained.