Sri Lanka visa for Bhutanese citizens: Requirements and Cost
Sri Lanka is an island completely cut off from the rest of Southern Asia. As a result, this country has a distinct charm that distinguishes itself on the global tourism map. People come to visit not only for the tropical forests and crystal clear beaches but also for religious reasons, as Sri Lanka has many pagodas with diverse architecture.
Knowing the high demand for transportation, the Sri Lankan government decided to launch a new type of visa, known as an Electronic Travel Authorization, in 2012. (ETA).
Are you a Bhutanese citizen planning a trip to Sri Lanka? In this article, we will look at the Sri Lanka Visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens, as well as the prices and other important information.
1. Do Bhutanese citizens need a visa to Sri Lanka?
All travelers entering Sri Lanka on a Bhutan passport require a visa to do so.
What is an ETA visa in Sri Lanka?
An online visa is an electronic visa that is applied for and approved completely online. Candidates apply by filling in the online form and paying, then will receive visa approval via email.
Online visa form is applied for some short-term entry purposes without going to the embassy like the traditional way of applying for a visa.
What is the maximum period of stay in Sri Lanka for a Bhutanese passport?
The Sri Lanka ETA allows Bhutan to stay in the most time for up to 30 days. There have 03 types of e-Visa:
- e-Tourist ETA: Bhutan citizens have a stay of 30 consecutive days from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka. This type of visa has a 6-month validity period and 2 times to enter Sri Lanka.
- Business ETA: This type of visa is for someone who has an international role for a maximum of 30 consecutive days from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka except for employment. This e-visa is valid for 6 months and has multiple entries.
- Transit ETA: For the purpose of your transit to another destination, you’ll have a maximum of 48 hours to stay in Sri Lanka.
Do Bhutan citizens need a visa to visit Sri Lanka?
Can I get the Sri lanka visa at the Embassy?
The Bhutan passport holders intending to work or stay in Sri Lanka permanently are not eligible to apply for the Sri Lankan ETA. In this case, the applicant must obtain a traditional visa at a Sri Lankan embassy or consulate.
2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka Visa from Bhutan?
Nowadays, Bhutan citizens can apply for Sri Lanka ETA from Bhutan easily. At Sri Lanka Immigration Services, our service can help you proceed through the online application process, at the conclusion of which you are able to get your travel document quite quickly.
How to apply for an e-Visa to go to Sri Lanka with a Bhutan passport?
When filling out the application online form for a Sri Lanka eVisitor Visa, Bhutanese nationals must prepare the following:
- A smartphone, tablet, laptop, or another internet-capable electronic device, such as a computer.
- In order to get notifications, kindly give an email address that is accessible and active.
- Give the required information on the Bhutanese applicant's visa and personal information
- Have a working credit or debit card with enough funds on it to pay the processing fee that may be used immediately away.
Step by step to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA visa?
This is 04 steps of Sri Lanka eTA Visa processing time odd Sri Lanka Immigration Services:
- Step 1: Apply for Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA in an online form.
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee online.
- Step 3: Get your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA.
- Step 4: Receive your visa stamped into your passport.
What are eVisas requirements for Bhutanese citizens entering Sri Lanka?
All Bhutanese visitors need to satisfy specific requirements for their visa, according to the Sri Lanka government. These prerequisites consist of:
- A Bhutanese passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the intended date of entry into Sri Lanka.
- A scanned copy of the passport’s biographical page.
- Digital version of your photograph.
- Each applicant is required to submit a personal photograph.
- An email address to receive all the notifications of visa.
Step by step to apply Sri Lanka online visa from Bhutan
3. How much fee to apply for the Sri Lanka ETA for Bhutan Citizens?
Sri Lanka visa fee includes 2 items: a Visa service fee and a government fee. The total cost must pay for the Sri Lanka ETA will depend on the type of visa you apply for.
The government fee is the amount of money that Bhutanese travelers must pay to the Sri lanka government for processing e-visa. This fee can not be refunded, therefore, travelers must make sure that their information is correct and prepare necessary documents.
The service fee is the amount of money that Bhutanese travelers must pay to Sri Lanka Immigration Services for having consultation and taking responsibility for e-visa procedures. This fee can be changed due to the different processing time frame.
Sri Lanka visa services for Bhutanese citizens
Specifically, there are 3 levels of service fees as follows:
- Normal: The tourist can get e-Visa/ETA within 3 business days. This is a safer choice for low-budget trips, so if you’re not urgent, you can try it once.
- Urgent: If the tourist has already prepared everything and gets e-Visa/ETA within 24 hours at the final step, that is the best choice for the balance of fee & convenience.
- Super Urgent: For your urgent needs, the tourist can get e-Visa/ETA within 5 business hours. The fastest you can get it, the most price for your amazing experience service.
Sri Lanka extra services for Bhutanese visitors
To prepare for the smoothest trip to Sri Lanka, you can use our additional services for just a small fee:
- Insurance services: increase your chances of being protected against the developments of the Covid-19 epidemic.
- Sri Lanka 4G Sim card Service to stay connected with friends and family during your travels.
- Sri Lanka car picks up service: once time fills information to booking. The candidates can get the services easily.
Cost of Sri Lanka online visa for Bhutanese citizens
4. Sri Lanka online visa for Bhutan citizens FAQs
Check out Sri Lanka's online visa-related questions right away!
How far in advance to apply for a Sri Lanka visa?
The processing time for visa applications is within 05 hours to 03 business days, thus Bhutanese citizens should apply for a Sri Lanka ETA at least 07 days before their travel.
How long does it take to pick up a Sri Lankan visa?
When you sign up for our visa service, you can get your visa in a fairly fast time. Depending on the urgency, you can apply for different visas. Specifically:
- Normal visa: 5 hours
- Rush visa: 24 hours
- Super rush visa: 3 days
Does a Sri Lankan need a transit visa when flying through this country?
Yes, you need a transit visa for Sri Lanka if you want to transit by plane in this country.
Transit time can be up to 48 hours, but you are only allowed in the airport area.
What pictures do the Bhutanese need for a Sri Lanka visa?
Follow the photo requirements to apply for the Sri Lanka online visa:
- The photo must be recent, which was taken in the last 6 months.
- The photo must be taken against a white background – white provides the best contrast when it comes to pictures. Any other background color may result in a rejected visa application.
- No glasses. The reason behind this rule is that the flash of the camera will reflect in your glasses, and that ends up in glares. The glare makes a visa photo unacceptable.
- No headwear. However, there is one exception. If your religious beliefs do not allow you to have your head uncovered, you are allowed to maintain your head covered. Nevertheless, your face still needs to be perfectly visible, clear from the bottom of your chin to the top of your forehead.
- No facial gestures. A neutral facial expression is what you must adopt.
- The bottom line is that a Sri Lanka visa photo size matters only when you apply at the consulate.
How can I overstay in Sri lanka without a visa?
If a Bhutan citizen overstays their visa, you need to extend the visa to avoid a penalty fee for violating the regulations.
Bhutanese nationals must have a valid visa to enter and stay in Sri Lanka. According to the visa policy of the Sri Lankan Government, a foreigner staying in Sri Lanka without a valid visa will be charged a US $500 penalty in addition to the visa fee.
Hope the useful information in this article helps you understand the Sri Lanka visa for Bhutan citizens rules. Let's contact us for booking an online visa to enter Sri Lanka.
Get e-Visa and take 15% Discount
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE