Check Sri Lanka visa requirements for Azerbaijani citizens
Azerbaijan is one of many nations whose residents can enter Sri Lanka online through the use of an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). In addition, as an Azerbaijani citizen, you must obtain a Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa before departing. Fortunately, you can apply for an e-visa online through Sri Lanka Immigration Services. The entire process is done online, and you can get your results as soon as you want.
This article will explain how to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Azerbaijan citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
1. Do Azerbaijan citizens need a Sri Lanka Visa to travel?
Because Azerbaijan is not on Sri Lanka's exemption list, Azerbaijan citizens must obtain an E-Visa to visit the country for the purposes of tourism, business and transit.
Discover kinds of Sri Lanka e-visa for Azerbaijan citizens
Azerbaijani citizens planning a trip to Sri Lanka can choose from three types of ETAs (e-Visas):
- The Sri Lanka Tourist ETA is valid for 180 days from the date of issuance. It allows the holder to stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days from the date of arrival within those 180 days. This Sri Lanka travel visa also allows for two entries into the country, provided the second entry occurs within the 30-day tourist ETA window.
- The Sri Lanka Business ETA is valid for 180 days from the date of issuance. Business Electronic Travel Authorization holders can stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days. The online Sri Lanka business visa allows for multiple entries, but all entries must be made within 30 days of the initial date of arrival.
- The transit ETA for Sri Lanka is valid for up to 180 days after it is issued. It is only for travelers using Sri Lanka as a jumping-off point for further travel. This online transit visa for Sri Lanka is only valid for two days, so all passengers can only stay in Sri Lanka for up to 48 hours.
2. How to apply Sri Lanka visa for Azerbaijan citizens
Guideline to apply Sri Lanka visa
Citizens of Azerbaijan can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online through Azerbaijan, which is known as an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).
If you use our Sri Lanka ETA service, you can get it quickly by doing the following:
- Step 1: Sign in to your srilankaimmigration.org account. Directly submit the Sri Lanka ETA application at "APPLY VISA"
- Step 2: Pay the fee and await the processing of the ETA. The fee can only be paid with Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Step 3: Obtain your Sri Lanka e-Visa / ETA by checking your emails or visiting our website to check the status of your visa.
- Step 4: Have your visa stamped in your passport.
Check Sri Lanka Visa requirements for Azerbaijan
Basically, the Sri Lankan government creates favorable conditions for visitors, so you only need to prepare a few simple things:
- Passport: An original Azerbaijan passport or travel document with at least 6 months validity remaining on the date of travel, regardless of the type of Visa or ETA the traveler holds, as well as at least two blank pages for stamping.
- A digital copy of the passport biographical page is required.
- A current email address is required because all correspondence, including the final decision on the ETA, will be sent via email.
3. Sri Lanka visa for Azerbaijan citizens cost
To apply for a Sri Lanka visa online, Azerbaijan citizens must pay two (2) types of Sri Lanka visa fees: Service Fee and Government Fee. To be more specific, the government fee cannot be adjusted, and the service fee is determined by your needs.
There are three types of Sri Lanka visas available to Azerbaijanis:
- Normal: a type of standardized waiting time. You will receive your ETA visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: type with a shorter waiting time. Your ETA visa will be delivered to you within 24 hours.
- Rush cases have been designed. You can get your ETA visa in as little as 5 business hours.
After selecting a suitable type of service and completing the form, you must proceed to the next step to complete the entire process. Electronic payments and wire transfers are both accepted. You have several options, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Paypal. Wire transfer is only available for the Bank of Cyprus.
Sri Lanka add on service
In some cases, you may be interesting to some extra service provided by Sri Lanka Immigration Services that can benefit your journey to Sri Lanka, such as:
- Proof of accommodation, such as a hotel reservation (the hotel must be on a government-approved list), is required in the event that you do not receive enough vaccinations.
- (Optional) Sri Lanka Travel Insurance to ensure your benefit and a Sri Lanka SIM Card to make your life easier.
- Car pickup services are now available in Sri Lanka through Sri Lanka Immigration Services. Book a pick-up service to make your trip more convenient at an affordable price.
Hope you found this post on Sri Lanka visa requirements for Azerbaijan useful. Please contact us if you require any additional information or assistance. Support is available online 24 hours a day, seven days a week.