Sri Lanka Visa for Japanese Citizens: Requirements and Cost
Sri Lanka, known as the "Pearl of the Indian Ocean", is a familiar tourist destination for tourists in Asia. Sri Lanka attracts tourists with its natural beauty, diverse culture, and peaceful, slow life.
If you are looking for information on Sri Lanka visa requirements for Japanese citizens, this article is for you.
1. Check Sri Lanka visa requirements for Japanese citizens
Although there are many countries in the world that do not require Japanese passport holders to have a pre-approved visa upon arrival, Sri Lanka is not one of them. So, Japanese citizens need an ETA visa to enter Sri Lanka.
The Sri Lanka ETA or Electronic Travel Authorization is an effective online visa waiver system. The ETA allows citizens of Japan to visit Sri Lanka for short stays using an electronic visa. This means Japanese citizens can apply and get prior approval for their visa instead of on arrival.
A Sri Lanka ETA for Japanese citizens is issued electronically and sent to the applicant’s email address.
2. Step by step to apply Sri Lanka ETA from Japan
The process of applying for a Sri Lankan ETA for Japanese passport holders is quick, simple, and can be completed online. To do so, Japanese travelers simply need to fill out an online application form, and action on the 04 steps below:
Apply Sri Lanka e-Visa in an online form. This form will ask for the following information: Passport details, Personal details, Travel itinerary,... The form will also ask applicants to select the type of visa, including a Tourist visa, Business visa, or Transit visa.
Make payments for the visa fee online. In this step, make sure that all the information you provide is correct. There are 02 payment methods you can choose (Credit card or debit card, PayPal, American Express) or Bank transfer (HSBC transaction) and fill in the secure page to make the payment.
Get your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA by checking your emails or also can check the status of your visa on our website.
Receive a visa stamped into your passport.
3. Types of Sri Lanka e-visa/ETA
A Sri Lanka ETA is valid for 06 months from the issued date. The Sri Lankan government allows foreigners to immigrate under the following three types of e-visas/ETA:
- Tourist e-visa/ETA: is used for tourism, visiting relatives or friends purposes. This double-entry ETA allows Japanese travelers to stay in the country for 30 days from the day they enter the country.
- Business e-visa/ETA: With this type of visa, Japanese applicants can enter the country as many times as they wish, with a total staying time of 30 days from the arrival date.
- Transit e-visa/ETA: Japanese applicants can use this type of ETA to transit through Sri Lanka for up to 48 hours (02 days).
4. Sri Lanka visa Fee for Japanese citizens
To get your e-Visa/ETA to Sri Lanka, Japanese residents have to pay two types of visa fees, including e-Visa/ETA service fee and Sri Lanka Government Fee.
Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA service fee
The price of ETA service depends on the time you receive the visa, whether it is urgent or not.
- Normal service: Get e-Visa/ETA within 03 business days.
- Urgent service: Get e-Visa/ETA within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent service: Get e-Visa/ETA within 05 business hours.
Sri Lanka Government fee
Fee of Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA Government is the obligation fee which the Japanese applicant has to pay for the Sri Lanka Immigration Department to process e-Visa/ETA.
Sri Lanka add on service
- Sri Lanka 4G Sim card service: This service keeps you connected to the internet during your journey. You can conduct your job and keep up with your social media activity without interruptions.
- Travel insurance service: Make your vacation safer and more secure in the event of an unforeseen event (lost luggage, delays, etc.)
- When you arrive, the Sri Lank car pick-up service will be waiting for you. All you have to do after a long journey is sit back and relax while our driver carries your belongings to the safest hotel.
5. Documents required for Sri Lanka visa application for Japanese citizens
To get the Sri Lanka ETA online, eligible citizens must hold the required documents:
- An eligible passport valid for at least 06 months upon the intended entry date to Sri Lanka, with 02 unused pages in a minimum for verification.
- A current email address to which the Sri Lanka online visa will be sent.
- A valid debit or credit card with which to pay the ETA Sri Lanka fee.
At the Sri Lankan border, Japanese visitors need to present the approved ETA Sri Lanka in the printed copy to the Immigration Officers.
If you have questions about Sri Lanka visa requirements for Japanese citizens or want to learn more about Sri Lanka ETA service, please contact us for assistance as soon as possible.
With many years of experience in the field of Global ETA service, especially Sri Lanka ETA service, we are confident to bring you the best experience. We will also help you quickly get an e-visa/ETA to enter Sri Lanka, and at the same time save a lot of time and effort.