Sri Lanka visa for German citizens: Requirements and Costs
Germany is one of many countries whose citizens can enter Sri Lanka online by using Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). And, as a German citizen, you must obtain a Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa prior to departure. Fortunately, that document is available online, and you can apply for it with Global Immigration Services Limited. The entire procedure is completely online, and you can have your result as quick as you wish. This article will explain how to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for German citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
Table of contents:
Sri Lanka Visa for German citizens:
To visit Sri Lanka as a tourist, German citizens must obtain an E-Visa since Germany is not in Sri Lanka’s exemption list. The maximum length of stay is 30 days with 2 entry times.
There are three types of ETAs (e-Visa) available to German citizens planning a trip to Sri Lanka:
- The Tourist ETA is valid for 180 days after it is issued. Within those 180 days, it allows the holder to stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days from the date of arrival. The tourist ETA also allows for two entries into Sri Lanka, provided that the second entry occurs within the tourist ETA's 30-day window.
- The Business ETA is valid for 180 days after it is issued. Holders of a Business Electronic Travel Authorization can stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days. The business ETA allows for multiple entries into the country, but all entries must be made within 30 days of the initial date of arrival.
- The Transit ETA is valid for up to 180 days after it is issued. It is only for travelers who are using Sri Lanka as a connecting point for further travel. The transit ETA is only valid for two days, which means that all passengers can stay in Sri Lanka for no more than 48 hours.
Sri Lanka visa for German citizens
Sri Lanka Visa requirements for German
Basically, the Sri Lanka government creates good conditions for travellers to visit so there are just a few simple things you need to prepare:
- Passport: Original German passport or travel document with at least 6 months validity remaining on the date of travel regardless of the type of Visa or ETA the traveler holds and at least 2 blank pages for stamping. A digital reproduction of the passport data page will be required.
- A current email address, as all correspondence, including the final decision on the ETA, will be conducted via email.
Note: in some cases, maybe you would be required to add a few side documents, such as:
- Proof of accommodation: like hotel booking (the hotel has to be the one in a list regulated by the government. It would be required in case you do not get enough vaccination.
- (Optional) COVID-19 insurance to ensure your benefit and 4G SIM which can bring convenience to you.
Sri Lanka Visa requirements for German citizens
Sri Lanka visa for German citizens cost
To apply for a Sri Lanka visa for German citizens online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Sri Lanka Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee. To be specific, the government fee cannot be adjusted, and the service fee will be depending on your demands. There are 3 types of application service you can choose:
- Normal: standardized waiting time type. You will receive your eVisa/ETA within 3 business days.
- Urgent: shorter waiting time type. You can receive your eVisa/ETA within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: rush cases designed. You can receive your eVisa/ETA within just 5 business hours.
Payment method: after choosing a suitable type of service and completing the form, you need to proceed to the next step to complete the whole process. Both electronic payment or wire transfer are accepted. You can choose from many options, such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
- Sri Lanka Immigration Services
- Sri Lanka eTA Visa processing time
- Sri Lanka visa for UK citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for French citizens
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands