Sri Lanka visa requirements for Latvian citizens - Sri Lanka eTA
- 1. Latvian citizens need a Sri Lanka visa to enter the country
- 2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka online visa from Latvia?
- 3. How much is a Sri Lanka visa for Latvian citizens?
- 4. Advices about Sri Lanka visas for Latvian travelers
- When is the best time to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Latvian citizens?
- Can I stay in Sri Lanka without a Visa for Latvia?
- What is the maximum stay for Latvian citizens in Sri Lanka?
- Can I extend my stay beyond the 30-day limit?
- How will Latvian citizens receive their Sri Lanka ETA?
- Do Latvian citizens need to take the coronavirus into account when visiting Sri Lanka?
- How long is a Sri Lanka tourist visa valid?
- What happens once I submit my application for the Sri Lanka visa for Latvia citizens?
- Can I apply for my family or friends?
- How do Latvian citizens know if their tourist e-Visa is approved?
Sri Lanka is an attractive destination for international tourists because it still retains beautiful primeval forests, pristine beaches, and intact preservation of cultural heritage belonging to the Buddhist center. ancient religion.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services will work with you to find out details about Sri Lankan visas for Latvia citizens, procedures, regulations, and costs to apply for this type of visa online.
1. Latvian citizens need a Sri Lanka visa to enter the country
Sri Lanka does not include Latvia in the visa exemption list, so Latvian nationals are required to apply for a standard Sri Lankan visa.
However, don't be too concerned about this. Because Latvian tourists traveling to Sri Lanka can now easily apply for a visa online.
What ETA visa types of Sri Lanka and length of stay:
Sri Lanka visas for Latvia are classified into three types based on the travelers' purposes. Sri Lanka Immigration Services currently offers the following visa categories to Latvian passport holders:
- Sri Lankan Online tourist visas allow Latvian residents to visit Sri Lanka for vacation, casual visits to friends or relatives, or participation in a sporting or cultural event. Travelers can remain in Sri Lanka for 30 days using this type of visa.
- Sri Lanka Business Visa online: Applicants who intend to visit Sri Lanka for business purposes may apply for this visa. It allows multiple entries into Sri Lanka as well as participation in business activities such as meetings or contract negotiations, attendance at conferences and seminars, or completion of short training courses. Latvian nationals are allowed to stay in the country for 30 days from the arrival date.
- Transit Visa to Sri Lanka: This visa is granted to Latvia nationals who wish to transit through Sri Lanka on their way to other countries. A transit electronic visa is only valid for transit purposes.
Sri Lanka online visa for Latvia citizens
What is the longest multiple-entry visa I can get for Sri Lanka?
Depending on the purpose of entry, the length of time Latvian citizens can stay in Sri Lanka will vary. As follows:
- Sri Lanka Tourist visa online: allows for two entries into Sri Lanka for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
- Sri Lanka Business Visa online: Latvian citizens can enter Sri Lanka as many times as they wish within the validity period of their visas, and stay there for a maximum of 30 days.
- Sri Lanka Transit Visa application: Transit electronic visa is used for transit purposes only. The Bahamas can stay at the airport for 48 hours before boarding to the next flight.
2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka online visa from Latvia?
It has never been easier to apply for a visa. Latvian citizens can now register from home or anywhere as long as they have an internet-connected device.
Step by step to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Latvian citizens
Latvian citizens should only take 03 simple steps in the visa application process:
- Step 1: Fill out the application form with your visa information (number of visas, type of visa, and processing time), as well as your personal information.
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee securely and quickly using a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, or wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
- Step 3: Submit the application form and leave the rest to Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
How to enter Sri Lanka using an ETA electronic visa?
When the Sri Lankan government issued your visa electronically to your email, you should print it out on paper and bring it with you on your trip to Sri Lanka.
You only need to present your passport and the printed visa to the customs officer for clearance when doing immigration procedures at the airport.
Advice to know about Sri Lankan online visas for Latvian travelers:
All Latvian citizens visiting Sri Lanka are required to obtain an electronic visa (ETA).
- A passport is valid for at least six months from the intended arrival date in Sri Lanka.
- The ETA only accepts and approves visa applications for short-term visas for tourism, business, and family visits.
Apply for Sri Lanka online visa from Latvia
3. How much is a Sri Lanka visa for Latvian citizens?
There are two types of Sri Lanka visa fees for purchase online:
- The Government fee is a fee that all Latvian citizens need to pay when applying for a visa to Sri Lanka.
- When you use our services at Sri Lanka Immigration Services, you will be charged a service fee. It will include giving you advice on the Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA, providing you with the necessary documents, reviewing your application, and informing you of the outcome of your application. We will collect your e-Visa/ETA from the Sri Lankan government and email it to you so that you can print it before arriving at the Sri Lankan ports. (At airports, borders, and seaports).
Applicants from Latvia should also keep in mind that the cost of the service fee varies depending on the visa processing time they choose. If the visa is urgent, the fee will be higher; however, you will receive the visa in the shortest time possible.
Sri Lanka visa processing time
Sri Lanka Immigration Services currently offers 03 visa levels to applicants, including:
- Normal: In most cases, Latvian visitors have enough time to prepare their documents. They will receive their e-Visa within a maximum of 03 business days. This service has the lowest cost.
- Urgent: For exceptional circumstances in which Latvian nationals require their visa immediately. With this option, they will receive their Visa in a maximum of 24 hours. As a result, Latvia citizens need to pay a surcharge for this service.
- Super urgent: Used in cases where a Latvia passport holder is about to board a flight but does not yet have a Visa for entry. They can get your Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 5 business hours with this special offer. This is the most expensive Rush visa service.
We frequently provide discount codes to our customers. Using the discount code will allow you to save a significant amount of money when applying for a Sri Lanka visa. Check it out right now!
Sri Lanka Immigration extra services
When there are good benefits in the trip, it will make your trip much more convenient and memorable. For a small fee, you will receive the following utilities:
- Pick-up service at the airport: professional drivers and new cars will meet you there. All you have to do after a long flight is relax; our driver will take you to the address you specified.
- Sri Lanka sim card service: a sim card package with an internet connection will allow you to share memorable travel moments with family and friends, as well as solve any urgent problems that may arise during your trip.
- Travel insurance service: it's wonderful to be able to travel with peace of mind. Medical and transportation benefits will provide you with peace of mind in the event of an unexpected incident.
Please keep in mind that when registering for these services on our website, you only need to enter your information once. At the same time, you can choose to buy these services separately based on your needs.
Of course, we recommend that you use the services listed above to make the most of your trip.
Hopefully, the most detailed instructions on how to apply for a visa to Sri Lanka provided by Sri Lanka Immigration Services above will assist you in obtaining the quickest visa.
4. Advices about Sri Lanka visas for Latvian travelers
When is the best time to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Latvian citizens?
The processing time for visa applications is between 05 hours to 03 business days, thus Latvian citizens should apply for a Sri Lanka ETA at least 07 days before their travel.
Can I stay in Sri Lanka without a Visa for Latvia?
No. Latvian nationals must have a valid visa to enter and stay in Sri Lanka. According to visa policy of the Sri Lankan Government, a foreigner staying in Sri Lanka without a valid visa will be charged US $500 penalty in addition to the visa fee.
What is the maximum stay for Latvian citizens in Sri Lanka?
A Sri Lanka ETA has a validity of 06 months from the issued date, allowing a duration of stay up to 30 days for Latvian citizens.
Can I extend my stay beyond the 30-day limit?
Yes. A Sri Lanka ETA allows you to stay in the country for up to 30 days.
However, if you wish to extend your stay for more than 30 days, you can apply for a visa extension at the Head Office of the Department of Immigration and Emigration.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services strongly advise you to request a visa extension before your visa is set to expire to prevent penalties and hassles. If your stay exceeds the validity of your visa, you risk having your extension request denied, or even being detained.
How will Latvian citizens receive their Sri Lanka ETA?
Latvian citizens will receive their Sri Lanka ETA via their email addresses. Latvian travelers just need to fill in an online application form at Sri Lanka Immigration Services to obtain a Sri Lanka visa.
Do Latvian citizens need to take the coronavirus into account when visiting Sri Lanka?
Yes. Latvian citizens must be aware of the latest update of the Government on Covid-19 requirements when visiting Sri Lanka.
From June 17th, 2022, Latvian nationals do not need to take the PCR or Rapid Antigen test before traveling to Sri Lanka.
How long is a Sri Lanka tourist visa valid?
A Sri Lanka tourist visa is valid for 06 months from the date of issuance. It permits double entries into Sri Lanka. It is very simple to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA for Latvia citizens on the Sri Lanka Immigration Services website.
What happens once I submit my application for the Sri Lanka visa for Latvia citizens?
Once you complete the visa application form and pay the visa fee, Latvian citizens will receive a confirmation email from Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
In this email, we will inform you that we have received your visa application and require you to provide some supporting documents if required. After confirming all the necessary information and documents, we will help you submit your application to the Sri Lankan Government for review.
Can I apply for my family or friends?
Yes. Sri Lanka Immigration Services allows you to apply for a group of up to 15 applicants. By applying for a group of people, you can save a lot of time. The online application form is simple and takes you only a few minutes to complete.
At Sri Lanka Immigration Services, all the travel details and contact information can be filled in the application form in once.
Click the “Apply e-visa/ ETA” button at the header of Sri Lanka Immigration Services’ website where you can find the online visa application form. In the field “number of visas”, you can choose the number of applicants for your group.
How do Latvian citizens know if their tourist e-Visa is approved?
Once the Sri Lanka ETA is issued, it will be sent to the email address of the applicants. Latvian candidates can check the status of their visa application at Sri Lanka Immigration Services. We provide this function for our customers to help them easily keep track of the progress of their Sri Lanka visa.
Latvian travelers just need to fill in the form with some information including application reference (full name), passport number, email address (which is used for visa application), and their request. After 30 minutes, the result will be sent to their email. It is important that applicants provide accurate and complete information to avoid any unnecessary delays on their application.