Sri Lanka visa requirements for Nigerien citizens
Sri Lanka is an extremely beautiful country that Niger citizens choose to travel and visit. However, not everyone knows how to apply for a tourist visa to Sri Lanka.
In this article, Sri Lanka Immigration Services have compiled important information about Sri Lankan immigration rules, how to apply for a visa online, and Sri Lankan visa requirements for Niger citizens. Let's watch it together!
1. Niger citizens need a visa for Sri Lanka
Niger citizens need a visa to travel to Sri Lanka because Niger is not on the exemption list for Sri Lanka visa. Sri Lanka ETA is an official authorization for a Short Visit to Sri Lanka. This type of travel authorization is issued electronically and valid for 06 months from the issued date.
Niger passport holders can use this ETA to visit Sri Lanka for purposes such as tourism, business, or transit.
How do I get a visa for Sri Lanka from Niger?
Getting a visa for Sri Lanka from Niger is straightforward and takes not too much time. There are two ways to apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Niger:
- Apply for a regular visa at the Sri Lanka Embassy in Niger.
- Apply online at Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
Citizens of Niger can utilize a simple and quick application process to obtain a visa for Sri Lanka. The Government of Sri Lanka launched an online visa system in 2012, allowing citizens of eligible countries to apply for an ETA for short-term visits.
What are types of Sri Lanka online visas for Niger citizens?
Instead of visiting an Embassy, Niger citizens now can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online which saves time and costs. There are 03 types of Sri Lanka ETA available, namely:
- Tourist eVisa
- Business eVisa
- Transit eVisa.
2. How to apply for a visa for Sri Lanka from Niger?
The visa application process has been simplified owing to the ETA. It just takes Niger citizens a maximum of 15 minutes to complete the visa application form on Sri Lanka Immigration Services website.
The process consists of 03 simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill in the application form with some necessary information. In this step, Niger passport holders are required to provide details of their ETA (number of visa, type of visa, processing time), and personal information (full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, passport number).
- Step 2: Niger travelers must review all the data they entered in the previous step. After that, they need to pay the Sri Lanka visa fee online.
- Step 3: Click the “Submit” button and send us some supporting documents to complete the application process.
The Sri Lanka ETA is often issued within 03 business days. Moreover, Rush Visa service is also available to Niger citizens. With this service, Niger travelers will be able to receive their ETA in 5 business hours after submitting their visa application.
Once the ETA is issued, it will be sent to the email address of the applicant in PDF format. They should download and print out their approved travel document before traveling to Sri Lanka. It is advisable for Niger travelers to bring at least a copy of their ETA along with them to present to the Immigration Officer at the port of entry.
What documents are required for Niger passport holders to get a Sri Lanka online visa?
The visa application process is simple and just takes the applicants a few minutes to complete. To apply for a Sri Lanka ETA, Niger nationals need to ensure that they obtain enough required documents.
- A scan of the passport. The passport is valid for at least 06 months from the intended date of arrival in Sri Lanka
- A valid passport and an email address need to be provided during the process.
- Once the ETA is issued, it will be sent to the email address of Niger citizens.
- Upon arrival, they should produce their passport to the immigration officer at the port of entry to obtain the necessary clearance. It is advisable for Niger residents to bring a copy of their ETA approval along with them.
3. Cost of Sri Lanka online visa for Niger citizens
Sri Lanka visa fees for Niger candidates
Niger citizens applying for a visa online will pay 2 types of visa fees, including service fees and government fees (this is a mandatory fee).
For the service fee, the Sri Lanka Immigration Services will include giving you advice about the Sri Lanka e-Visa, providing the documents you need, checking your application, and giving you the result of your application. We will collect your e-Visa from the Government of Sri Lanka and send it to you before you arrive in Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka visa processing time to apply
Regarding the service fee, it is charged depending on the processing time that Niger citizens choose for their visa application. Sri Lanka Immigration Services provides customers with 03 options for visa processing time:
- Normal: For most casual cases when Niger travelers have enough time to prepare their document. They will get their e-Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 3 business days. This service has the cheapest fee.
- Urgent: For special situations when Niger nationals need their visa immediately. With this choice, they will get their Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 24 hours. As a result, Niger citizens have to pay an additional fee for this service.
- Super urgent: Used for emergencies when Niger passport holders are about to take a flight but still do not have a Visa for entry. With this special offer, they can get your Visa in a guaranteed maximum of 5 business hours. This Rush visa service has the highest fee.
Sri Lanka extra immigration services
To make your Sri Lanka experience even better, Sri Lanka Immigration Services now offers a number of additional services. Let's explore together!
- Sri Lanka travel insurance: more peace of mind for your trip because there is insurance for the entire trip. Furthermore, your insurance package you purchase at our service already includes covid insurance which is required by the sri lanka government for visitors.
- Sri Lanka sim card: connect to the internet throughout the trip, helping you not to miss online tasks as well as sharing your journey with family and friends.
- Airport pick-up service: with just 1 entry at registration, you can register for this service. A team of professional drivers will pick you up right at the airport and take you to the required address quickly and safely. What you need to do is rest after a long flight.
4. Sri Lanka e-Visa FAQs for Niger citizens
When is the best time to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for UK citizens?
The processing time for visa applications is within 05 hours to 03 business days, thus Niger citizens should apply for a Sri Lanka ETA at least 07 days before their travel.
How will Niger citizens receive their Sri Lanka ETA?
Niger citizens will receive their Sri Lanka ETA via their email addresses. Niger travelers have to fill in an online application form at Sri Lanka Immigration Service to obtain a Sri Lanka eVisa.
Do Niger citizens need to take the coronavirus into account when visiting Sri Lanka?
Yes. Niger citizens must be aware of the latest update of the Government on Covid-19 requirements when visiting Sri Lanka. From June 17th, 2022, Niger nationals do not need to take the PCR or Rapid Antigen test before traveling to Sri Lanka.
Can I stay in Sri Lanka without a Visa for Niger?
No. Niger nationals must have a valid visa to enter and stay in Sri Lanka. According to visa policy of the Sri Lankan Government, a foreigner staying in Sri Lanka without a valid visa will be charged US $500 penalty in addition to the visa fee.
What is the maximum stay for Niger citizens in Sri Lanka?
A Sri Lanka ETA has a validity of 06 months from the issued date, allowing a duration of stay up to 30 days for Niger citizens.
How long is a Sri Lanka tourist visa valid?
A Sri Lanka tourist visa is valid for 06 months from the date of issuance. It permits double entries into Sri Lanka. It is very simple to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA for NIger citizens on the Sri Lanka Immigration Services website.
Thank you for your time to read this article. We hope the useful information gives you more knowledge about the Sri Lanka visa for Niger citizens. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or want to book a Sri Lanka online visa now!
Get e-Visa and take 15% Discount
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE