Sri Lanka visa requirements for Jamaican citizens in December 2023
- 1. Do Jamaican citizens need a visa to enter Sri Lanka?
- 2. What different types of Sri Lanka online visa?
- 3. How to apply for a Sri Lanka online visa from Jamaica?
- 4. How much is a Sri Lanka visa for Jamaican citizens?
Sri Lanka is a small island nation located in South Asia. Sri Lanka has a wild, mysterious and spiritual beauty with vestiges of ancient Buddhist culture. With a wild, impressive natural landscape but also full of poetic and romantic, Sri Lanka is increasingly the choice of many travel enthusiasts.
Let's start exploring the Sri Lanka visarequirements for Jamaican citizens to enter and the latest updates on Sri Lankan immigration!
1. Do Jamaican citizens need a visa to enter Sri Lanka?
Jamaican citizens are required to obtain a visa if they wish to enter Sri Lanka. Therefore, you should have your visa ready before you start your trip.
It is very convenient for Jamaica visitors that now they can completely register online quickly and conveniently without having to go to the embassy to apply for a visa like before.
What is the Sri Lanka ETA for Jamaican citizens?
Sri Lanka ETA is an official permit for a brief visit to Sri Lanka for tourism-related purposes.
- Sightseeing, visiting relatives, and friends receiving medical treatments, participating in sporting events, competitions, and activities relating to cultural performance.
- Participating in business-related activities.
- Transiting through Sri Lanka.
2. What different types of Sri Lanka online visa?
A Sri Lanka visa is required for Jamaica citizens who wish to visit this fascinating country and stay there for a short time. There are 03 categories of a Sri Lanka ETA available to Jamaica citizens:
The Sri Lanka Tourist ETA
This type is used for tourism reasons. It is valid for 06 months from the date of issuance, allowing its holders to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days from the arrival date. This is a double entry visa, thus Jamaican passport holders can use Sri Lanka online tourist visa to enter the country twice.
The Sri Lanka Business ETA
This kind of Business ETA is granted to Jamaican nationals who wish to participate in business-related activities in the country. This multiple-entry visa permits a duration of stay up to 30 days from the arrival date
The Sri Lanka Transit ETA
This is valid for up to 180 days after it is issued. It is only for travelers who are using Sri Lanka as a connecting point for further travel. This Sri Lanka transit visa is for transit purposes only. Jamaican travelers have 48 hours to stay in the airport and wait for the next flight.
Jamaican nationals whose purpose of visit to Sri Lanka is employment or academic must arrange a visit to the nearest embassy to inquire which travel authorization suits them more.
3. How to apply for a Sri Lanka online visa from Jamaica?
Now, Jamaican applicants can apply for a Sri Lanka ETA from the comfort of their homes and receive their visa via email.
Follow the 03 simple steps below to apply for an online Sri Lanka visa:
- Step 1: Fill in the application form with some necessary information. In this step, Jamaica passport holders are required to provide details of their ETA (number of visas, type of visa, processing time), and personal information (full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, passport number).
- Step 2: Jamaican travelers should review all the data they entered in the previous step. After that, they need to pay the Sri Lanka visa fee online.
- Step 3: Click the “Submit” button to complete the application process.
The Sri Lanka ETA is often issued within 03 business days. Moreover, the Rush Visa service is also available to Jamaican citizens. With this service, Jamaica travelers will be able to receive their ETA in 5 business hours after submitting their visa application.
What do Jamaica citizens need to obtain a Sri Lanka ETA?
The document required for a Sri Lanka visa application is simple and easy to obtain.
- All Jamaica nationals need to possess a passport that is valid for no less than 06 months from the arrival date in Sri Lanka. Citizens of Jamaica should notice that they will use the same passport while applying online for Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA and traveling to Sri Lanka.
- An email address to receive an ETA
Once Jamaica citizens ensure that they meet the Sri Lanka visa requirements, they can fill in the visa application form which is entirely online.
Before departure, Jamaica passport holders are advised to print out their visas to present to the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint upon arrival in Sri Lanka.
Last but not least, Jamaica travelers are required to pay the visa fee online for their visa application to be processed. Jamaican citizens can use one of the following payment methods for the visa cost: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal), or wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
How to track Sri Lanka visa status for Jamaican applicants?
Once the Sri Lanka ETA is issued, it will be sent to the email address of the applicant. Jamaican citizens can check the status of their visa application at Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services provides this function for our customers to help them easily keep track of the progress of their Sri Lanka visa.
Jamaican travelers just need to fill in the form with some information including application reference (full name), passport number, email address (which is used for visa application), and their request. After 30 minutes, the result will be sent to their email. It is important that applicants provide accurate and complete information to avoid any unnecessary delays on their application.
4. How much is a Sri Lanka visa for Jamaican citizens?
Jamaican applicants need to pay 2 types of fees for their online visa application, including:
- Government fee: this is a mandatory fee that any tourist who wants to go to Sri Lanka needs to pay.
- Service fee: this is the fee you will pay for our service. It includes advice on Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA, providing the documents you need, checking your application, and giving you the result of your application.
Please note: On our website, we often have attractive promotions for customers. The latest discount codes will be publicly posted by us. Once you complete your application, please enter the discount code to get the best price for your visa application.
How long does it take to apply for a Sri Lanka tourist visa from Jamaica?
Sri Lanka Immigration Services currently offers 03 options for the processing time of your visa application.
Your choice will determine how fast you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA:
- Normal: With this type of service, you can have your Visa within 3 business days. This is also the cheapest option.
- Urgent: With this kind of service, you will get your Visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: With this kind of service, we can ensure you will get a result within 5 hours
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Hope you're clear about Sri Lanka visa Jamaican citizens. If you want to book a Sri Lanka online visa, please feel free to contact us. Our professional team will help you get the approval visa which saves a lot of time and cost.