Sri Lanka Visa Online (e-Visa/ETA) for Pakistani citizens 2022
You are Pakistani and planning about the Sri Lanka trip? You do not know about a Sri Lanka visa for Pakistani citizens? What latest updates about the requirements, processes, and costs of Sri Lanka Visa Online (e-Visa/ ETA) for Pakistani?
So, we reserved this article for Pakistani travelers, where Pakistani citizens can figure out everything they need to get a Sri Lanka visa from Pakistan.
As an experienced travel consultant, we - srilankaimmigration.org - provide you with excellent service to obtain a Sri Lanka visa and more utilities to travel.
1. Check the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Pakistani citizens
To travel to Sri Lanka, Pakistani travelers need a Sri Lanka ETA (The Electronic Travel Authority) before departure, which is an authorization that gives the travelers permission to enter the country in a more straightforward way than a traditional visa.
The Sri Lankan government implemented The Sri Lanka Visa Online (ETA), also called electronic visa (e-visa), in 2012 to facilitate international travelers’ arrival for temporary visitors.
2. Types of Sri Lanka online visas for Pakistani
There are three types of Sri Lanka visa online (ETAs) available for Pakistani citizens to apply for:
- The e-Tourist Visa: It means Sri Lanka tourist visa for Pakistani grants once the traveler enters Sri Lanka can stay of up to 30 days in the country. During this time, they may exit and re-enter Sri Lanka twice only. Tourist Visa is valid for tourism purposes only. Tourist Visa rules are strictly forbidden for seeking admission/studying, accepting employment, or engaging in business or any other economic activity.
- The Transit ETA is granted only under very specific circumstances. The traveler is not allowed to leave the airport at all. Within two days (48 hours), the traveler must have a connecting flight out of the same airport they entered. It is granted for the sole purpose of enabling a foreigner to travel through Sri Lanka to reach his ultimate destination.
- The Business ETA is a type e-Visa in which you can enter Sri Lanka for business and trading purposes but not for employment. Business e-Visa allows for multiple entries into Sri Lanka, provided they all take place within the first 30 days of the initial entry.
With this important point must-have, your passports must have a minimum of 180 days of validity from the date of entry into Sri Lanka no matter what type of visa or ETA the traveler holds.
3. How can apply for the Sri Lanka Visa online from Pakistan?
To obtain a Sri Lankan ETA for Pakistan passport holders, travelers will need to fill out the Sri Lanka visa application form for Pakistani, which is a simple and straightforward questionnaire. Such as
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Residential address
- Email id
- Passport issue and expiry date
Steps easy to apply for Sri Lank Visa from Pakistan:
- Step 1: Apply for Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA in an online form.
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee online.
- Step 3: Get your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA.
- Step 4: Receive visa stamped into your passport.
We advise Pakistani to carefully review their answers before submitting their form. For online transactions, make sure to check whether the card being used has been activated.
4. Sri Lanka visa fees for Pakistani citizens
To get the Sri Lanka ETA visa for Pakistani, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Sri Lanka visa fee, about: Service Fee and Government Fee.
About the Sri Lanka ETA service fee, it has three kinds different fee levels. Include:
- Normal service: This is one of the most cost-effective options which can help you get your ETA within 3 business days.
- Urgent service: With this type, you will get your Sri Lanka e-Visa approximately within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent service: If you have an emergency, by using this service type, you can receive your e-Visa within 5 business hours.
A small notice, if you want to keep you connected with the internet, let's choose a Sri Lanka 4G SIM travel, also COVID-19 insurance to keep your benefit when traveling abroad. You can add a small fee for them to have a safe and smooth trip.
Car pick-up service for tourists is ready. Interesting experiment of door-to-door service with our professional driver's team. What you need to do is hop on and rest after your flight to Sri Lanka. Our driver will carry your luggage to the car and take you to your address safely. Enjoy one-click pickup requests with us now.
We hope the articles above will help you get more information about the Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa for Pakistani citizens. If you need any other help, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Sri Lanka e Visa status
- Sri Lanka ETA processing time
- Sri Lanka blog travel
- Sri Lanka promotion visa application
- Sri Lanka Embassy in Pakistan
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements for Pakistan Citizens FAQs
Yes. Pakistani citizens need a visa to travel to Sri Lanka because Pakistan is not on the exemption list for Sri Lanka visas. Pakistani citizens now can apply for a Sri Lanka electronic visa which saves time and costs.
Since 2012, travelers who want to enter Sri Lanka for a short-term visit can apply for Sri Lanka ETA. This type of online visa allows visitors to visit Sri Lanka for purposes such as tourism, business, or transit. The visa application process is simple and just takes the applicants a few minutes to complete.
Pakistani citizens who want to come to Sri lanka for other purposes such as study abroad, work, etc, need to apply for a visa at the Sri lanka consulate in Pakistani or anywhere.
Yes. Pakistani passport holders can use a Sri Lanka ETA to visit Sri Lanka for tourism reasons. Pakistani nationals are allowed entry to Sri Lanka. Pakistan travelers need an ETA before departure, which is simply an authorization that gives them permission to enter the country in an easier way than a traditional visa.
If you are a Pakistani citizen, you will need a visa to enter Sri Lanka. From January 2012, Pakistan passport holders can utilize a new visa system called “Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)” which allows them to obtain a visa for Sri Lanka from the comfort of their home.
The visa application process is completely online which takes Pakistani citizens about 20 minutes to complete. Sri Lanka Immigration Services creates the application form as simple as possible for Pakistan travelers to fill in.
There are only 3 simple steps in the total visa application process that Pakistan citizens should follow:
Step 1: Fill in the application form
Step 2: Pay the visa fee securely and quickly
Step 3: Submit the application form and let Sri Lanka Immigration Services do the rest.
Citizens of Pakistan will receive their ETA via email within a maximum of 03 business days.
The Sri Lanka ETA is valid for 06 months from the issued date. Pakistani citizens can easily apply for a visa online from Pakistan or anywhere in the world. You can stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days and the number of entries may vary depending on what type of visa you are applying for.
Pakistani citizens can check their Sri Lanka online visa status on Sri Lanka Immigration Services website.
We provide an easy online “check status” feature by passport number for customers.
All you need to do is fill in the required information and wait for the results to be sent to the email (which you used to register) within 30 minutes.
Use the Reference Number present on the invoice/receipt issued along with your last name to access this service.
No. Pakistani citizens cannot work in Sri Lanka with an online visa. Remember the purpose of eVisa includes:
If you want to work in Sri Lanka, you should apply for a visa at the Embassy as well as ensure the rules of immigration to this country