Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens: Requirements and Fees
The island nation of Sri Lanka, one of Asia's most popular tourist destinations, attracts visitors from all over the world. For short visits to Sri Lanka for tourism, transit, or business, citizens of many countries, including Switzerland, can obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA/e-Visa). As an experienced consultant firm in Visa application service, we can ensure you will get your desired result and avoid your fault in preparing documents as much as possible in order to let your chance of getting approved go highest. Let’s figure out the best way to get a Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens.
Table of contents:
Do Swiss citizens require a visa to enter Sri Lanka?
Yes, as a Swiss citizen, you will be required to get a Visa to enter Sri Lanka since Switzerland is not in Sri Lanka's exemption country list. Swiss citizens seeking a Sri Lanka visa from Switzerland may apply for the Sri Lankan ETA in one of three categories:
- e-Tourist Visa (Tourist ETA): stay in 30 days from the date of arrival with Double-Entry and valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- e-Business Visa (Business ETA): stay in 30 days from the date of arrival, Multiple-Entry and valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- e-Transit Visa (Transit ETA): stay in Sri Lanka 48 hours from the time of arrival, Single-Entry only.
Visa for Sri Lanka from Switzerland
The tourist ETA is appropriate for visitors who are visiting Sri Lanka for vacation, visiting relatives, receiving medical treatment, or participating in religious, cultural, or sporting events and activities.
The business ETA is appropriate for any Swiss citizen visiting Sri Lanka for a meeting, conference, seminar, negotiation, training, or other professional engagement.
The transit ETA is for travelers passing through Sri Lanka on their way to another country.
How to apply Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens.
The necessary documentation to apply for a Sri Lankan ETA/e-Visa for Swiss citizens is very easy.
First of all, completing and submitting a brief, simple online application form .
Then, after submitting the online form and making payment, please check your email frequently to send us a copy of biographical pages on your legal passport, which is at least 6 months validity and has one blank page for stamping.
In circumstances where your vaccinated situation does not meet the standard of the Sri Lankan government, we will instruct you to complete some necessary papers to get approval. It may be the hotel booking (following the hotel list that the government requires) or covid-19 insurance .
Finally, the electronic Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens will be received electronically via email. You should print it out to present along with the holder's passport upon arrival in Sri Lanka.
How to apply Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens
Sri Lanka visa fee for Swiss citizens.
When applying for a Sri Lanka e-visa online for Swiss citizens, you will pay two (2) types of visa fees: service fee and compulsive government fee.
With service fee, there are 3 kinds of levels that correspond to types of service you can choose depending on your demand:
- Normal: used for casual cases when you can wait for a response. With this type of service you can have your Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used in a hurry when you need to get your Visa in 1-2 days. In this kind of service, you will get your Visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used in emergencies when you need to get a Visa in hours. With this kind of service we can ensure you will get a result within 5 business hours.
Payment method: after completing your paperwork, you will pay for a total Visa application fee. For payment methods, there are 2 available kinds, namely electronic payment and wire transfer. If you prefer online payment, consider using one of these following payment tools: Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
Read more: Sri Lanka online visa (ETA/e-Visa) fees
- Sri Lanka Immigration Services
- Sri Lanka ETA Visa processing time
- Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for German citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for UK citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for French citizens
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands