Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens: Requirements and Fees
The island nation of Sri Lanka, one of Asia's most popular tourist destinations, attracts visitors from all over the world. For short visits to Sri Lanka for tourism, transit, or business, citizens of many countries, including Switzerland, can obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA/e-Visa). As an experienced consultant firm in Visa application service, we can ensure you will get your desired result and avoid your fault in preparing documents as much as possible in order to let your chance of getting approved go highest.
Let’s figure out the best way to get a Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens.
Table of contents:
1. Do Swiss citizens require a visa to enter Sri Lanka?
Yes, as a Swiss citizen, you will be required to get a Visa to enter Sri Lanka since Switzerland is not in Sri Lanka's exemption country list. Swiss citizens seeking a Sri Lanka visa from Switzerland may apply for the Sri Lankan ETA visa in one of three categories:
- Sri Lanka e-Tourist Visa (Tourist ETA): stay in 30 days from the date of arrival with Double-Entry and valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Sri Lanka e-Business Visa (Business ETA): stay in 30 days from the date of arrival, Multiple-Entry and valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Sri Lanka e-Transit Visa (Transit ETA): stay in Sri Lanka 48 hours from the time of arrival, Single-Entry only.
Visa for Sri Lanka from Switzerland
The tourist ETA is appropriate for visitors who are visiting Sri Lanka for vacation, visiting relatives, receiving medical treatment, or participating in religious, cultural, or sporting events and activities.
The business ETA is appropriate for any Swiss citizen visiting Sri Lanka for a meeting, conference, seminar, negotiation, training, or other professional engagement.
The transit ETA is for travelers passing through Sri Lanka on their way to another country.
2. How to apply Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens?
The necessary documentation to apply for a Sri Lankan ETA visa for Swiss citizens is very easy.
First of all, completing and submitting a brief, simple online application form.
Then, after submitting the online form and making payment, please check your email frequently to send us a copy of biographical pages on your legal passport, which is at least 6 months validity and has one blank page for stamping.
In circumstances where your vaccinated situation does not meet the standard of the Sri Lankan government, we will instruct you to complete some necessary papers to get approval. It may be the hotel booking (following the hotel list that the government requires) or Travel insurance in Sri Lanka.
Finally, the electronic Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens will be received electronically via email. You should print it out to present along with the holder's passport upon arrival in Sri Lanka.
How to apply Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens
3. Sri Lanka visa fee for Swiss citizens.
When applying for a Sri Lanka e-visa online for Swiss citizens, you will pay two (2) types of visa fees: service fee and compulsive government fee.
With service fee, there are 3 kinds of levels that correspond to types of service you can choose depending on your demand:
- Normal: used for casual cases when you can wait for a response. With this type of service you can have your Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used in a hurry when you need to get your Visa in 1-2 days. In this kind of service, you will get your Visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used in emergencies when you need to get a Visa in hours. With this kind of service we can ensure you will get a result within 5 business hours.
Payment method: after completing your paperwork, you will pay for a total Sri Lanka Visa fee. For payment methods, there are 2 available kinds, namely electronic payment and wire transfer. If you prefer online payment, consider using one of these following payment tools: Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
Points to note for Sri Lanka trip
In addition, we provide simple options to make your Sri Lanka trip even more enjoyable:
- Connect to the internet during your tour with Sri Lanka Sim card services. During the journey, you may entirely handle distant internet work or communicate with family and friends.
- Pick-up service for cars in Sri Lanka. Our driver will meet you at the airport, bring your bags to the car, and drive you back to your hotel. After your travel to Sri Lanka, all you need to do is rest and relax. Book Sri Lanka car pickup service now!
- Don't miss the opportunity to receive an attractive promotional code from us. Visit the Sri Lanka Promotion section now to get a discount.
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements for Switzerland Citizens FAQs
Sri Lanka tourist visa for Swiss citizens allows them to staying in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days from the arrival date. Swiss passport holders can enter Sri Lanka twice within the 06 months validity period of the visa.
Known as “the Pearl of the Indian Ocean'', Sri Lanka is famous for its natural landscapes, glorious sandy beaches and rich culture. Therefore, it is not hard to understand why Sri Lanka has been considered “one of the best places to visit in Asia” for many years. Thanks to its stunning scenery, there are thousands of Swiss tourists traveling to Sri Lanka annually for their vacation.
Swiss citizens are eligible for Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization. They can apply for 03 types of ETA, including a tourist electronic visa. This type of travel document allows Swiss travelers to visit and stay in Sri Lanka for the following reasons:
- Sightseeing, holidaying.
- Casual visits to family and friends in Sri Lanka.
- Medical treatment including Ayurvedic and yoga.
- Participate in sporting events, and cultural activities held in the country.
In addition, Swiss travelers can request a visa extension if they wish to stay in Sri Lanka for more than 30 days. Application for the visa extension must be submitted to the visa section of the Department of Immigration & Emigration (Head office).
A Sri Lanka tourist visa is valid for 06 months from the date of issuance. It permits double entries into Sri Lanka. It is very simple to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA for Swiss citizens on the Sri Lanka Immigration Services website. Travelers with Swiss passports just follow these only 3 steps below:
- Step 1: Fill in the Sri Lanka ETA application form with some information including visa details (number of visas, type of visa, processing time), and personal information (full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, passport number).
- Step 2: Double-check all the information provided in step 1. After that, Swiss travelers are required to pay the visa fee to complete the visa application process.
- Step 3: Submit the visa application. Swiss passport holders will receive their Sri Lanka ETA within a maximum of 03 business days. Once it is issued, the electronic visa is sent to the traveler’s email address in PDF format. They should print it out before their departure.
Swiss applicants are advised to carefully review all the information in the ETA application form before submitting it. They are responsible for all the details they have provided. In case there are errors or discrepancies, their visa request will be delayed.
The document required for a Sri Lanka visa application is simple and easy to obtain. All Swiss nationals need is to possess a passport that is valid for no less than 06 months from the arrival date in Sri Lanka. Citizens of Switzerland should notice that they will use the same passport while applying online for Sri Lanka e-Visa and traveling to Sri Lanka.
Once Swiss citizens ensure that they meet the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Swiss passport holders, they can fill in the visa application form which is entirely online. They can apply for a Sri Lanka ETA from the comfort of their home and receive their visa via email. Before departure, Swiss passport holders are advised to print out their visas to present to the Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint upon arrival in Sri Lanka.
Last but not least, Swiss travelers are required to pay the visa fee online for their visa application to be processed. It consists of a Government fee and a Service fee. Swiss citizens can use one of the following payment methods for the visa cost: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal), or wire transfer to the Bank of Cyprus. Travel insurance in Sri Lanka is also highly recommended to Swiss visitors for a secure trip to this beautiful country.
No. Swiss citizens just need a valid passport before applying for an ETA. They should be able to show a round-trip ticket at the port of entry in Sri Lanka if they are traveling by air.
Switzerland is not on the exemption list for Sri Lanka visas, so Swiss citizens are required to obtain a visa to enter Sri Lanka. The Government of Sri Lanka grants 03 categories of visa for Swiss citizens:
- Sri Lanka e-Tourist Visa (Tourist ETA): is issued for tourism, and sightseeing in the country. It allows Swiss nationals to enter the country twice and stay there for up to 30 days in total.
- Sri Lanka e-Business Visa (Business ETA): Swiss citizens who wish to participate in business meetings, negotiations or conferences, and workshops held in Sri Lanka should apply for this type of visa. It permits multiple entries into the country, and the duration of stay is up to 30 days.
- Sri Lanka e-Transit Visa (Transit ETA): With this transit eVisa, Swiss travelers can stay at the airport for up to 48 hours from the time of arrival while waiting for their next flight.
Once you complete the visa application form and pay the visa fee, Swiss citizens will receive a confirmation email from Sri Lanka Immigration Services. In this email, we will inform you that we have received your visa application and require you to provide documentation if required. After confirming all the necessary information and documents, we will help you submit your application to the Sri Lankan Government for review.
Because the entire process of applying for a Sri Lanka ETA is online, Swiss nationals do not need to visit an embassy or consulate to submit the required documents. Once your ETA is issued, we will notify you via email with an attachment of your visa in PDF format. You should then download and print it out before traveling to Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services provides you with 03 options for the processing time of your visa application. Your choice will determine how fast you will receive your Sri Lanka ETA:
- Normal: With this type of service you can have your Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: With this kind of service, you will get your Visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: With this kind of service, we can ensure you will get a result within 5 business hours.