Sri Lanka visa for Norway citizens: Requirements and Cost in December 2023
- 1. Check Sri Lanka visa requirements for Norwegian citizens
- 2. How to apply Sri Lanka visa for Norwegian citizens
- 3. Types of Sri Lanka ETA visa for Norwegian citizens
- 4. Cost of a Sri Lanka ETA visa
Many Norwegian travelers find Sri Lanka to be an appealing tourism destination. Sri Lanka is a wonderful vacation destination because of its beautiful beaches, untouched natural environment, and tranquil people.
If you are considering a trip to Sri Lanka, you can learn more about the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Norwegian nationals with Sri Lanka Immigration Services in the article below!
1. Check Sri Lanka visa requirements for Norwegian citizens
Because Norway is not on the list of exempt nations for Sri Lanka visas, Norwegian residents must get a visa before entering the country. Fortunately, owing to e-Visa, that procedure is now more straightforward than ever, and Norwegian nationals are no longer necessary to apply for a normal Visa at the Sri Lanka Embassy.
Sri Lanka visa for Norwegian citizens is fairly straightforward, with only the following visa requirements. Possess a valid Norwegian passport valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival.
In addition, to expedite the visa application procedure, you should prepare the following:
- You must have a valid debit or credit card to pay the application fee.
- Your normal email address.
- The most significant factor is the passport's validity. If your passport is set to expire (6 months or fewer when you arrive in Sri Lanka), you should renew it before asking for an ETA.
2. How to apply Sri Lanka visa for Norwegian citizens
You may submit your Sri Lanka visa application on our website. This may be done not only for yourself but also for a group of passengers at the same time, saving you a lot of time. You can also apply on someone else's behalf; you will need the traveler's passport information to do so.
Fill out a visa/ETA application
Applying for a visa to Sri Lanka for Norwegian citizens using the online application form is simple. Fill it in a matter of minutes with the applicant’s information.
Make an online payment
After completing the form, you may pay securely and quickly with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
Receive an ETA for travel
You will receive your visa through email. You should bring at least a visa printout during your journey in case the Immigration Officer at the airport requires it upon your arrival.
3. Types of Sri Lanka ETA visa for Norwegian citizens
Norwegian nationals must get a visa in order to visit Sri Lanka. Norway passport holders must apply online for an e-visa/ETA or visit the Sri Lanka embassy in Norway to obtain a conventional visa.
Norwegian nationals can select from a variety of Sri Lanka ETAs to meet their travel needs. The following 03 are detailed in the Sri Lankan visa policy:
Sri Lanka Tourist visa/ETA
Tourists from Norway can utilize this travel permission to visit Sri Lanka for leisure and relaxation purposes. The tourist ETA visa is valid for 6 months from the issued date and allows Norway to enter Sri Lanka twice during that time period. They are only permitted to stay in Sri Lanka for a maximum of 30 days with this ETA.
Sri Lanka Business visa/ETA
Professionals from Norway can travel to Sri Lanka for business meetings, investment possibilities, and professional events. The Business ETA visa is similarly valid for 6 months and provides for a maximum stay of 30 days. The Tourist ETA differs in that it enables numerous trips within the ETA's validity term.
Sri Lanka Transit visa/ETA
If you have a layover in Sri Lanka on your way to another destination and need to wait for another flight, you can ask for a transit ETA. It has 06 months validity from the date of issuance and allows just one admission. The criteria are that their layover at the airport is no more than 48 hours.
The application for a Sri Lanka ETA is completed fully online, and, unlike regular visas, the applicant is not required to visit an embassy.
However, Norwegian nationals who need to stay in Sri Lanka for more than a month consecutively or who plan to relocate for a more stable period of time for employment or academic reasons should schedule a visit to the Sri Lankan embassy in Norway to determine which travel authorization is best for them.
4. Cost of a Sri Lanka ETA visa
Norwegian nationals must pay two (2) types of Sri Lanka visa costs to get a Sri Lanka e visa/ETA: service charge and government fee.
- The government fee is the amount that you have to pay to the Sri Lanka Immigration Department in order for the e-Visa/ETA to be processed.
- The service charge is the amount you must pay in advance in order for us to assist you with your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA. Included in this service are counseling on your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA, submission of paperwork, and notification of the outcome of your application.
A brief reminder: if you want to stay connected to the internet while traveling, get a Sri Lanka 4G SIM trip as well as COVID-19 insurance to keep your benefits when traveling abroad. You might be charged a little fee to ensure a safe and smooth journey.
A great service that visitors cannot ignore is the airport car pick up services for visitors. With only a small fee and a one-time registration at the same time as your visa application, you can apply easily. A team of professional drivers with new models of cars will pick you up at the airport and take you back to your hotel safely.
The processing time
There are now 03 service levels available for the Sri Lanka ETA service, related to the amount of time you wish to get ETA quick or slow.
- Standard service: You can receive your ETA within 03 working days. This is the most cost-effective option.
- Urgent service: With this option, you will have your Sri Lanka e-Visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent service: If you have an emergency, you can have your e-Visa within 5 working hours if you choose this service type.
Below is information about Sri Lanka visa requirements for Norwegian citizens to travel. If you have more questions or need to book a Sri Lanka visa ETA service, feel free to contact us. Our professional team with many years of experience in the Sri Lanka Immigration field will help you get the ETA quickly and save lots of time and money.