Sri Lanka Visa for Ethiopian Citizens: Requirements and Cost
Sri Lanka is a tiny island that is isolated from the rest of Southern Asia. As a result, this country has a unique appeal that sets it apart on the worldwide tourism map. Visitors visit Sri Lanka not just for the tropical plants and clean beaches, but also for religious reasons, since the nation is home to a number of pagodas of diverse architectural types.
Given the rising demand for transportation, the Sri Lankan Government decided in 2012 to provide a new form of visa called an Electronic Travel Authorization, which is easier and faster to get (ETA).
Are you an Ethiopian planning a trip to Sri Lanka? In this article, we'll look at the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens, as well as costs and other important information.
1. Sri Lanka visa for Ethiopian citizens
All Ethiopian citizens who desire to visit Sri Lanka must get a visa. The Sri Lanka ETA for Ethiopian citizens is valid for six months from the date of issuing. Under the Sri Lanka ETA visa, Ethiopians can stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days.
There are three types of e-Visas available:
Sri Lanka e-Tourist Visa/ETA
Ethiopian citizens can stay in Sri Lanka for 30 days from the moment they arrive. According to Sri Lankan legislation, the tourist ETA is used for travel, short-term treatment, meetings, or other activities that need a double entry into the nation.
Sri Lanka Business visa/ETA
A business ETA visa allows Ethiopian nationals to stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days from the date of arrival into Sri Lanka, excluding employment. This is a multiple entry visa.
Please bear in mind that if you have a Transit ETA , you will only be permitted to stay in Sri Lanka airport for a maximum of 48 hours from the arrival date if you are transiting to another place.
Ethiopian passport holders who wish to work or reside permanently in Sri Lanka are ineligible to apply for an ETA. In this case, the applicant must apply for a conventional visa at the Sri Lankan embassy in Ethiopia.
2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka Visa from Ethiopia?
Ethiopians can now apply for Sri Lanka ETA directly from Ethiopia. Sri Lanka Immigration service can help you complete the online application procedure, following which you will have your travel document quickly.
This is the amount of time required to complete a Sri Lankan ETA Visa in four stages of:
- Step 1: Fill out an online application for a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA in Step 1.
- Step 2: Double check all the data provided in Step 1, then use the internet to pay the visa cost.
- Step 3: Receive the confirmation email with all the provided information.
- Step 4: Get your visa stamped in your passport.
Sri Lanka visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens
- Ethiopian nationals must double-check the following papers to guarantee a smooth application process:
- After entering Sri Lanka, passports must be valid for at least another 180 days. There should be a minimum of 02 blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- Email contact information: Make sure you enter a legitimate address to which you have access. Because if your application is approved, the ETA will send you an email in PDF format. You have the option of printing it or saving a copy to your digital device.
- Valid credit card for ETA fee: Credit card, debit card, PayPal, and bank transfer are all accepted.
3. Sri Lanka ETA fee for Ethiopian citizens
In Sri Lanka, the visa/ETA charge is divided into 02 parts: the visa service fee and the government fee.
The total cost of the Sri Lanka ETA depends on the kind of visa requested. There are three levels of service fees in particular:
- Normal: Tourists can apply for an e-Visa/ETA within 03 business days. If you're not in a rush, this is a safer alternative for low-budget travel.
- Urgent: If the tourist has previously prepared everything and wants to obtain an e-Visa/ETA within 24 hours of completing the last step, this is the most cost-effective and convenient alternative.
- Super urgent: If you have an urgent need, you can get an e-Visa/ETA within 05 business hours. The greater the money you pay for your amazing experience service, the sooner you may have it.
You may also utilize our extra services to guarantee that your holiday to Sri Lanka runs as smooth as possible for a small fee:
- Services travel insurance covers the following: increase the chance of visa approval by the Government.
- When traveling in Sri Lanka, use a 4G SIM card to stay in touch with friends and family.
- Car pick up service in Sri Lanka: a skilled driver will assist you in loading your bags and driving you to your hotel. After a long flight, all you need to do is rest.
4. What advice do you have for Ethiopian traveling to Sri Lanka?
- Before we arrange a vacation to Sri Lanka, let's go through the most recent information.
- Local authorities should offer COVID-19 guidance.
- Keep an eye on local media for breaking news and adjust your plans as necessary. Ethiopia's embassy in Sri Lanka will be called in the case of an emergency.
Hope the information in this article on Sri Lanka visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens is helpful. If you have any queries regarding our Sri Lanka visa service, please visit our FAQs page or contact our staff at any time.