Sri Lanka visa for US citizens: Requirements and Costs
The United States of America is one of many countries whose citizens are eligible for an e-Visa to enter Sri Lanka. As an American citizen, you are not required to go to the nearest Sri Lankan embassy and apply for a visa. So, how can you apply for a Visa to Sri Lanka from the US? This article will explain the whole process to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for US citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
Table of contents:
1. Sri Lanka visa for US citizens
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), also known as Electronic Visa (e-Visa) is the name of the official document that permits you to visit Sri Lanka used for tourism, business, or transit through any international airport or seaport.
The Americans can consider between these below types of Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa following your trip’s aim:
- Tourist ETA: used for any casual travel and medical treatment purposes. This ETA type will give you double-entry allowance and 30 days of stay from the date of arrival.
- Business ETA: used when you have a conference, negotiation, business meeting or any other related purposes. You can have an allowance to enter Sri Lanka more than 2 times and stay 30 days after the first entrance.
- Transit ETA: for travelers from the United States whose stay in Sri Lanka does not exceed 48 hours.
Visa to Sri Lanka from US
2. Sri Lanka visa requirements for US citizens
The requirements for the Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa for US citizens are simple to meet. After filling in the online application form and making payment, you just need to provide a copy of your US passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka and 1 blank page for stamping.
Basically, the government of Sri Lanka does not require complex documents unless you are not vaccinated enough or in some other except situations. In those cases, our experts will consult you on what you need to prepare additionally. It may be a hotel booking or a Covid-19 insurance .
Please note that the supplied email address is frequently used to receive a digital result of e-Visa confirmation. Finally, your Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa will be sent to your email address. We recommend that you print it out and keep it side by side with your passport.
Sri Lanka visa requirements for US citizens
In the effort to improve your Sri Lanka trip’s quality, we also supply a travel SIM, hotel booking, and many other convenient services. Contact us for more information and get amazing experiences in Sri Lanka.
3. Sri Lanka visa for US citizens cost
At Global Immigration Services Limited we have three available options to process the ETA/e-Visa. You can choose the one that fits your needs:
- Standard service: with this type, your waiting time is within 3 business days.
- Urgent service: By selecting this option, your visa application will be ready within 24 hours.
- Super urgent service: You will have the final result within 5 business hours when choosing this type.
To apply for a Sri Lanka e-visa for US citizens, you have to pay two (02) kinds of costs, which are called Service Cost and Government Cost.
The total cost will be determined by the type of e-Visa you require and the time frame in which you need it. Remember that both of these factors have an effect on your bill.
Read more: Sri Lanka online visa (ETA/e-Visa) fees
- Sri Lanka Immigration Services
- Sri Lanka ETA Visa processing time
- Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for German citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Swiss citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for UK citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Canadian citizens
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands