Sri Lanka visa for Vietnamese citizens: Requirements & Price in February 2024
- 1. Understand Sri Lanka visa for Vietnamese citizens
- 2. How to apply for Sri Lanka Visa/ETA from Vietnam
- 3. Sri Lanka visa cost and processing times for Vietnamese nationals
- 4. Tips to traveling from Vietnamese to Sri Lanka with an ETA
The Sri Lankan ETA is an electronic travel authorization that permits Vietnamese citizens to visit Sri Lanka without the need for a traditional visa. It is completely online, and Vietnamese applicants may submit their applications from the comfort of their own homes.
There is no need to make an appointment to visit an embassy or consulate. The ETA was developed by the Sri Lankan government in 2012 to promote international short-term travel to their country.
Let's learn more about Sri Lanka for Vietnamese citizens in the article below. Find out the Sri Lanka entry requirements for Vietnamese, the visa services, and supporting documents.
1. Understand Sri Lanka visa for Vietnamese citizens
Vietnamese passport holders planning a trip to Sri Lanka for tourist, business, or transit can enter the nation without a visa. They just need to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA online (also referred to as a visa waiver).
If Vietnamese intend to visit Sri Lanka for other reasons or for an extended amount of time, they should make an appointment with the Sri Lanka Embassy in Vietnam or the nearest Sri Lanka Embassy.
The Sri Lankan Government provides three categories of Sri Lanka ETA for short-term stays to Vietnamese citizens:
Sri Lanka tourist visa for Vietnamese visitors
The Sri Lanka ETA for tourism is a multifaceted travel authorization that permits Vietnamese to enter Sri Lanka for a variety of reasons. It addresses the following topics:
- Relaxation, cultural activities, and other forms of recreation.
- Visit relatives and acquaintances who live in the country.
- Take part in sports events.
- Get medical attention.
- Participate in cultural competitions and events.
Once approved, it is valid for 06 months and permits Vietnamese visitors to remain for 30 days from the arrival date with a double entry.
Sri Lanka business visa for Vietnamese professionals
The Sri Lanka Government provides the Sri Lanka ETA for business to Vietnamese professionals or investors interested in the following activities:
- Attend conferences and seminars
- Attend business meetings
- Participate in cultural events
- Complete short-term training courses
The business ETA, as the tourist ETA, is valid for 06 months and allows for a 30-day stay in the nation. With this type of ETA, Vietnamese professionals can enter the country as many times as they wish.
Sri Lanka transit visa for Vietnamese citizens
Vietnamese nationals traveling via Sri Lanka en route to a third destination with a connection flight in 48 hours or more must apply for a transit ETA in Sri Lanka. Passengers with a confirmed onward ticket and a shorter connection duration are not required to provide this ETA. If their stay exceeds 48 hours, the Transit ETA is no longer valid, and they must seek a tourist ETA or another visa.
2. How to apply for Sri Lanka Visa/ETA from Vietnam
Step by step to apply the Sri Lanka ETA in Vietnam
Applying for a Sri Lanka ETA from Vietnam or anywhere that has an internet connection is easy and effortless. Only 04 simple steps are below to get a Sri Lanka ETA to enter the country.
- Step 1: Apply Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA in an online form
- Sign in website Sri Lanka Immigration Services to your account and fill out the online form under "APPLY VISA "
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee online. Double-check all information to ensure it is right. Then select a payment option and proceed to the secure page to complete the transaction.
- Step 3: Get the approval visa. Vietnamese candidates can check visa status on our website. You should double-check your information to ensure it is valid, then print out the e-Visa/ETA and bring it with you while traveling to Sri Lanka.
- Step 4: Receive the visa stamped into the passport.
If Vietnamese nationals arrive in Sri Lanka with a valid e-Visa/ETA, Immigration officers will stamp the passport. Let's keep track of the validity period of the e-Visa/ETA in order to renew or extend stay.
Documents required to apply for Sri Lanka ETA
Before filling out the application form, Vietnamese passport holders must ensure that they fulfill the Sri Lanka visa waiver conditions, which include the following:
- A Vietnamese passport that is valid for at least six months beyond the scheduled date of entrance into Sri Lanka, with a minimum of 02 blank pages for verification.
- An active email address for all contact and the Sri Lankan ETA.
- An active debit or credit card in order to pay the Sri Lanka ETA fee online.
Vietnamese citizens who have a passport that will expire in less than 06 months from their scheduled arrival date must renew it before proceeding with their application.
The email address they submit must be one that they routinely use, as it will be used for all correspondence regarding their request and the ETA award.
Finally, Vietnamese applicants must check that the card they intend to use for payment has already been authorized for online transactions and that it has enough money to cover the ETA fee.
Let's visit Sri Lanka visa payment guidelines for details.
3. Sri Lanka visa cost and processing times for Vietnamese nationals
The Sri Lankan Government evaluates Vietnamese passport holders' requests once they have filed their application form and paid the Sri Lanka ETA cost.
Vietnamese applicants can select the appropriate service based on how quickly they need ETA results. The higher the cost, the faster the ETA approval time. There are three distinct fee levels, which are as follows:
- Normal: For individuals who need an e-Visa within three business days.
- Urgent: For those who need an e-Visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: For individuals who need an e-Visa in less than 05 business hours.
4. Tips to traveling from Vietnamese to Sri Lanka with an ETA
Vietnamese travelers are permitted to go to Sri Lanka once their ETA has been approved. They need to bring a printed copy of the authorized ETA Sri Lanka with them before departing.
Vietnamese travelers are recommended to check the frequent changes on the Sri Lanka ETA news website for the most up-to-date information on visiting Sri Lanka.
Vietnamese applicants should also purchase a Sri Lanka 4G SIM to stay connected with their loved ones, and insurance services to maintain their benefits while going overseas. With a little fee, they can ensure a safe and easy journey in Sri Lanka.
Don't miss our car pick up service in Sri Lanka. With only a small fee for successful registration, you will be picked up at the Airport upon arrival. Sign up today.
Hope this post has helped you understand how to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Vietnamese citizens, as well as the criteria and fees. If you want assistance with online Visa information or services for your travel to Sri Lanka, please contact us. Our staff, composed of experienced travel advisers, can assist you in obtaining your e-Visa/ETA to travel to Sri Lanka with ease.