Sri Lanka visa for UAE residents: Requirements and Costs in December 2023
Sri Lanka has a unique Southern Asia beauty that everyone cannot resist when talking about that place. Residents of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), like most other nationalities, are eligible for an electronic entry permission when traveling to Sri Lanka with the whole process being online.
So, how do I apply for a visa to Sri Lanka from the UAE? In this article, we - an experienced travel consultant - will explain how to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for UAE residents, as well as the requirements and cost and how to save your finance and effort the most.
1. Sri Lanka visa for UAE residents
When traveling to Sri Lanka for tourism or business, UAE citizens are able to get an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), also e-Visa, and link with your original passport. We can help you get your ETA/e-Visa with a little effort and do not have to wait for a long time as when applying for a casual Visa type.
According to the Sri Lankan government, there are 3 types of Sri Lanka e-visa for UAE nationals:
- Tourist ETA/e-Visa: stay period is 30 days from the date of entry with double-entry for tourism, visit or medical treatment.
- Business ETA/e-Visa: stay period is 30 days from the date of first entrance with multiple-entry, used for business and trading purposes but not for employment.
- Transit ETA/e-Visa: stay period is 48 hours from the time of entry, used for overlaying before taking flight to other destinations outside Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka visa for UAE residents
2. Sri Lanka Visa requirements for UAE residents
Our experienced team will handle all of the paperwork so you don't need to concern yourself with such things. Instead, just ensure your UAE passport is valid for at least 6 months after your arrival in Sri Lanka and has a blank page for verification. Because after completing the Sri Lanka visa online application form and making payment, you will send us a photo of your valid passport to finish the whole process.
Although the procedure is very simple, in the situation you do not get COVID-19 vaccinations enough, you will need to provide a hotel booking for issue control by the Sri Lankan government. Once again, you no longer need to worry about that because, with the reliable partner system, we will help you to prepare it easily and affordably.
Consider attaching the Travel Insurance (including expenses involving the Covid pandemic) to take your trip to the next level. You can spend your whole mind enjoying the trip. Because the insurance protects your benefit in many unforecasted circumstances and also takes your e-visa approval smoothly.
Requirements for Visa to Sri Lanka from the UAE
3. Cost of Sri Lanka visa for UAE residents
The total Sri Lanka visa cost for UAE residents is divided into Service Cost and Government Cost.
About the government cost, it is the amount of money required by the government, varying on the chosen ETA/e-visa type of yours.
In particular, you can choose the point of time to receive your Sri Lanka ETA visa. There are three options below, and keep in mind that your choice will determine the cost of your Sri Lanka e-visa:
- Standard processing time: This is a standard option provided by Sri Lanka Immigration Services. Your application will be processed within three business days.
- Rush processing time: Your Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa will be available in just 24 hours if you choose this higher service type.
- Super Rush processing time: As the highest service offer, you will get your e-Visa in just 5 hours.
Sri Lanka add-on services for UAE travelers
To make the UAE citizen's experience when traveling to Sri Lanka even better, Sri Lanka Immigration Services have implemented Sri Lanka car pick-up service. Customers who apply for our Sri Lanka ETA visa service will easily book a car without providing any additional information.
Besides, Emirates candidates can also spend a small fee to use the Sri Lanka sim card service. Internet connection throughout the trip makes your journey more wonderful.
Hope the above information will help you have a clear idea about the Sri Lanka visa for UAE residents. Let’s start to apply and enjoy our 24/7 support service.
- Visa to Sri Lanka for US citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Pakistani citizens
- Sri Lanka visa from Canada
- Sri Lanka visa for Lebanese
- Visa for Sri Lanka for Australian citizens
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements for United Arab Emirates Citizens FAQs
Yes. UAE citizens need a visa to travel to Sri Lanka because UAE is not on the exemption list for Sri Lanka visas. UAE citizens now can apply for a Sri Lanka electronic visa which saves time and costs.
Since 2012, travelers who want to enter Sri Lanka for a short-term visit can take advantage of the Sri Lanka ETA. This type of online visa allows visitors to visit Sri Lanka for purposes such as tourism, business, or transit. The visa application process is simple and just takes the applicants a few minutes to complete.
UAE citizens who want to come to Sri lanka for other purposes such as study abroad, work, etc, need to apply for a visa at the Sri lanka Embassy in UAE or anywhere.
UAE passport holders enjoy relatively easy visa access to Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka visas for UAE citizens are divided into 03 types based on the purposes of the travelers. Here are some common visa types available for UAE citizens that Sri Lanka Immigration Services currently provides customers with the following visa categories:
- Sri Lanka Tourist visa online: This type of visa allows UAE travelers to travel to Sri Lanka for vacation, casual visits to their friends or relatives, or participation in a sporting or cultural event. The application process requires filling out digital forms, providing supporting documents, and paying a fee. UAE citizens who hold tourist e-visa have two entries into Sri Lanka for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
- Sri Lanka Business Visa online: UAE passport holders whose purpose to visit Sri Lanka is to participate in business activities can apply for this visa. It allows entry into Sri Lanka or participation in business activities such as meetings or contract negotiations, attending conferences and seminars, or completing short training courses. UAE citizens can enter Sri Lanka as many times as they wish within the validity period of their visas, and stay there for a maximum of 30 days. Sri Lanka business e-visa usually have specific requirements, such as an invitation letter from a host company, proof of business ties, and information about the purpose and duration of the visit.
- Sri Lanka Transit Visa application: For UAE candidates who are traveling through a country and have a connecting flight or layover, a transit visa may be required, depending on the duration and purpose of the stay. A transit electronic visa is used for transit purposes only. UAE can stay at the airport for 48 hours before boarding the next flight.
It's crucial to remember that visa policies can change. Therefore, it is always advisable to check the Sri Lanka entry requirements for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Currently, Sri Lanka Immigration Services offers 3 levels for customers to choose from, depending on the urgency to get the visa online.
For urgent requests, the process of getting an e-visa will be shortened. Accordingly, you will receive an approved visa as soon as possible, helping your trip to go as planned.
- Normal visa: Get the approval visa in 3 days
- Urgent visa: Get the approval visa in 24 hours
- Super Urgent visa: Get the approval visa in 5 hours
Please note, the faster your visa processing time, the higher your service fee will be.
It is advisable for UAE citizens to apply for the Sri Lanka ETA well in advance of their planned travel dates to allow for any unforeseen delays or complications. The best time to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for UAE citizens is at least 07 days before their travel.
The ETA application can be completed online through the Sri Lanka Immigration Services website. After the visa application has been submitted, it is processed within 05 hours to 03 business days. The processing time of an ETA depends on the applicant’s choice.
Sri Lanka Immigration Services creates 3 different processing time options for the Sri Lanka ETA from which customers can choose the one that best suits their needs.
Citizens of the UAE must bear in mind that they will be charged differently depending on the processing time for their visas. In addition, UAE should ensure that they obtain enough required documents before beginning their application process for ETA.
Yes. Sri Lanka Immigration Services allows UAE candidates to apply for a group of up to 15 applicants. By applying for a group of people, you can save a lot of time and money. The online application form is simple and takes you only a few minutes to complete.
At Sri Lanka Immigration Services, all the travel details and contact information can be filled in the application form at once. You just need to make a single combined payment.
Click the “Apply e-visa” button at the header of Sri Lanka Immigration Services’ website where you can find the online visa application form. In the field “number of visas”, you can choose the number of applicants for your group (maximum 15 applicants).
To apply for your family or friends, you need to provide the following information:
- Visa details (number of visas, type of visa, and processing time).
- Personal information of each applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, nationality, and passport number).
- In addition, the date of arrival and departure is also required.
An advantage of group application is that you just need to pay for the visa fee of many applicants at once. In addition, the more applicants, the fewer service fee is.
Each applicant should make sure that they possess a valid passport for at least 06 months from the intended arrival date in Sri Lanka.
Emirates citizens cannot work in Sri Lanka with an online visa. Remember the purpose of Sri Lanka e-Visa includes 3 types of Sri Lanka online visa:
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Visa transit
If you want to work in Sri Lanka, you should apply for a visa at the Sri Lanka Embassy as well as ensure the rules of immigration to this country.