Sri Lanka visa for British Indian Ocean Territory passport holders
Sri Lanka visa requirements for Indian citizens are no longer the same to before. Instead of standing in line at the embassy or consulate, or even at the airport and waiting for your turn to apply for a Sri Lanka visa, now you could get a Sri Lanka e-visa conveniently and quickly right at your home.
Being a neighbouring country of India, the movement between the two countries is easy. This article contains all of the information Indian travelers need about the Sri Lanka visa requirements for Indian citizens, visa fees, and how to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens.
Sri Lanka Visa for Indian citizens
As mentioned above, Indians traveling to Sri Lanka for tourism, transit, or business should have an e-visa, known as ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization), to enter and exit the country.
The electronic travel authorization is available as either a:
- Tourist ETA/e-Visa: Allows Indians to travel to Sri Lanka for vacation, to visit friends or relatives, or to compete in a sporting or cultural event. It allows for two entries into Sri Lanka, with each entry allowing for a stay of up to 30 days.
- Business ETA/e-Visa: Allows entry into Sri Lanka or participation in business activities such as meetings or contract negotiations, attending conferences and seminars, or completing short training courses. It is a multiple entry authorization that allows for 30-day stays.
- Transit ETA/e-Visa: It is a single entry authorization with a total stay of up to 2 days and a validity period of 6 months from approval date.
Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens
Approved electronic travel authorization for Indian citizens is valid for 6 months from the date of issue, regardless of which type of Sri Lanka ETA the applicant requires.
Sri Lanka Visa requirements for Indian citizens
An electronic travel authorization application is typically processed within 3 business days. It is easy to prepare the documents to apply for it because of the policy aiming to develop the tourism field of the Sri Lanka government.
Here's all that you'll need to get ready: A copy of your valid passport. All Indian nationals must have a valid passport that is valid for at least 6 months after their arrival in Sri Lanka and at least 1 blank page for stamping.
Beside that, in some cases, the government could require some additional documents. For example, if your vaccination certificate does not meet the requirement, you will have to stay for a certain hotel in the list regulated by the government during your trip. Or including a Covid-19 Insurance in your procedure is an advantage for approving.
Please take note that the email you provide us has to be a valid email address. We will collect your ETA from the government and send it to you in PDF format via email, so make sure you provide an email address to which you have access. Remember to print a physical copy before you leave.
Sri Lanka Visa requirements for Indian citizens
Sri Lanka visa fees for Indian
To apply for a Sri Lanka Visa for Indian citizens online, you will pay two (02) kinds of Visa fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees. The government fee varies depending on the type of ETA/e-visa you choose and the service fee is changed following the processing time you want.
About the time of the whole process, once after you send us all the documents we consult, we give you three options, and each one comes with its own fee. They depend on your circumstance:
- Normal: this is the cheapest and slowest option. Your application is processed within 3 days.
- Urgent: This time, your ETA/e-Visa arrives in just 24 hours.
- Super urgent: It only takes 5 hours for your application to be processed.
There are 2 ways you can choose to complete the payment: electronic and wire transfer. If you are in a hurry and do not have much time for paperwork, we recommend using electronic payment, such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
How to apply for a Sri Lanka ETA/e-visa for Indians
You can complete an online application for a Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa from India in a matter of minutes using any device with an internet connection. Simply follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Complete the ETA/e-Visa online form with your basic personal, passport, and travel information.
- Step 2: Pay the Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa fee securely with your valid credit or debit card information.
- Step 3: Receive an approved ETA/e-visa of yours via email.
Your effort on getting e-visa will be reduced as much as possible with our support by experts and 24/7 help center. Just apply with us and enjoy your trip.
- African Republic
- Aland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bonaire, ST. Eustatus, And Saba
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands