Sri Lanka visa requirements for Thai citizens - Sri Lanka ETA
- 1. Check Sri Lanka ETA Requirements for Thai citizens
- 2. Types of Sri Lanka ETA for citizens of Thailand
- 3. Application for Sri Lanka’s ETA from Thailand
- 4. Processing time and ETA Cost latest
- 5. Advice to Travel Sri Lanka with the ETA for Thailand citizens
Sri Lanka is a favorite tourist destination for many Thai citizens. To get entry to Sri Lanka, what requirements do Thai citizens have to meet? See all details in the article Sri Lanka visa requirements for Thai citizens below.
1. Check Sri Lanka ETA Requirements for Thai citizens
Thailand nationals should check the requirements to apply for the Sri Lankan e-visa/ETA before initiating the application form. These include the following:
- Passport validity is at least 180 days (6 months) from the arrival date, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for verification stamps.
- A frequent email address.
- A valid debit or credit card to make a payment for the ETA Sri Lanka processing fee.
Notice for Thai citizens who want to apply for Sri Lanka ETA:
The Sri Lankan government recommends using an email address that Thai applicants frequently use since the ETA plus all other communications will solely be carried out by email.
2. Types of Sri Lanka ETA for citizens of Thailand
The validity of an ETA to Sri Lanka is 06 months from the issued date. Thai travelers can choose from 03 different ETA types for Sri Lanka ETA. These online authorizations facilitate entry for tourism, business and those transiting to another destination.
Sri Lanka ETA for tourism
Thailand citizens can visit Sri Lanka for various purposes by using the Sri Lanka ETA for tourists. The ETA for travelers allows Thai citizens to enter Sri Lanka twice and stay there for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
The electronic travel authorization allows the following activities:
- Relaxation, cultural and leisure activities
- Visit family and friends.
- Receive medical treatments
- Participate in sporting competitions
- Attend cultural events
Sri Lanka e-visa/ETA for business
The Sri Lanka Business ETA allows multiple entries for Thailand nationals, with the total staying time up to 30 days from the day they arrive in Sri Lanka. The Sri Lanka ETA for business allows the following activities:
- Take part in conferences and workshops.
- Attend business meetings
- Participate in cultural events or short-term training courses.
Sri Lanka Transit ETA for Thailand passengers
Thailand citizens must request a Sri Lanka Transit ETA if they want to transit through Sri Lanka en route to another destination. With this type of ETA, Thai travelers are allowed to stay at the airport for 48 days to wait for the connection flight.
3. Application for Sri Lanka’s ETA from Thailand
Once Thailand citizens confirm they meet the Sri Lanka e-visa/ETA requirements, same as those mentioned above, they can begin the application process for the Sri Lanka ETA.
The process is very straightforward and quick, and travelers must ensure they have 15 minutes to fill out the application form and a stable internet connection available.
After completing the form, we recommend Thailand applicants check their answers to ensure that all the information is correct and error-free. Processing time of Sri Lanka ETA can delay or even the denial of an application if it has any mistakes or typos.
To finalize the ETA request, applicants will proceed to the payment section. Both electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC transaction) are accepted.
As mentioned above in the requirements section, applicants from Thailand must check that their cards have been authorized for online payments and carry sufficient funds.
4. Processing time and ETA Cost latest
Processing time to Sri Lanka ETA approved
The ETA making service is now quite quick and simple. As long as you prepare a complete and transparent dossier, the ETA approval time will be faster.
Besides, at our Sri Lanka e-visa/ETA service, you can speed up the process by using urgent service packages. We are providing 03 service packages as follows:
- Normal service: Get e-Visa/ETA within 03 business days.
- Urgent service: Get e-Visa/ETA within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent service: Get e-Visa/ETA within 05 business hours.
Sri Lanka ETA Cost
Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA fee has 02 types of fees, that you have to pay for to get the e-Visa/ETA entry to Sri Lanka:
- Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA Service Fee is the amount you have to pay in advance for our service
- Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA Government & admin fee is the amount that you have to pay for the Sri Lanka Immigration Department to process e-Visa/ETA
In addition, Thai citizens can use some additional services to make the trip more convenient. It only costs a small fee, besides the Sri Lanka ETA fee.
- Sri Lanka 4G Sim card: keeps you connected to the internet during the trip.
- Sri Lanka Insurance service: Support you effectively in unexpected situations that may occur during the trip.
- Sri Lanka car pickup service: When you sign up for our ETA visa service, you will automatically sign up for a rapid automobile pick-up service without giving any extra information.
5. Advice to Travel Sri Lanka with the ETA for Thailand citizens
Thailand citizens are recommended to print out a copy of the Sri Lanka ETA and keep it during the journey in Sri Lanka.
Once they arrive in Sri Lanka, they will be requested to display the following documentation at passport controls:
- Original passport.
- The approved Sri Lanka ETA printed copy.
Hope the above useful information has helped you to understand Sri Lanka visa requirements for Thai citizens. If you have any questions or want to book a Sri Lanka ETA service, please contact us free of charge 24/7 for the fastest support. Our professional team with many years of experience in the field of Sri Lanka ETA service will surely bring you satisfaction, save a lot of time and effort.