Sri Lanka visa for Papua New Guinean citizens in November 2023
Traveling to Sri Lanka is a great experience for foreigners, especially tourists from cultures like Papua New Guinea. For that reason, this destination shouldn’t be ignored, especially when you have the option to easily apply for a Sri Lanka Visa for Papua New Guinea citizens.
As a Papua New Guinean citizen, there's no need to make a trip to the nearest Sri Lankan embassy to apply for a visa. Instead, you can acquire one when you arrive in Sri Lanka. However, to obtain this document, you must apply for a Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) before your departure. This ETA is an electronic authorization system, that allows Papua New Guineans to visit Sri Lanka for a short time trip.
Fortunately, obtaining a Sri Lanka ETA is a straightforward online process, and Sri Lanka Immigration Services can assist you with it.
1. Do Papua New Guinean citizens need visas to visit Sri Lanka?
Yes. A Sri Lanka visa for Papua New Guinean citizens is required for travelers to visit this country. The type of visa to apply for depends on the purpose of entry. Papua New Guinean citizens can apply for a visa at the Sri Lanka embassy or consulate for work, study,...
For the short trip, they can visit Sri Lanka Immigration Services to apply for an e-visa. Note that, the Sri Lanka online visa allows the visitors entry for travel, business, and transit. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you through the process. Keep reading!
Sri Lanka eTA visa is required for Papua New Guinean citizens
2. Sri Lanka Visa Requirements for Papua New Guinean passport holders
Sri Lanka Immigration Services handles most of the paperwork for you, but you need to ensure that you meet the requirements. Fortunately, the list is not extensive, and you probably already possess the required documents. Here's what you'll need to provide to us:
- Valid Passport: To obtain a Sri Lanka ETA, all applicants must hold a valid passport that remains valid for at least six months beyond their arrival date in Sri Lanka.
- Digital Photo: Ensure that your photo is recent and adheres to the guidelines for a passport photo.
- Valid Email Address: Sri Lanka Immigration Services will send your ETA via email in PDF format, so you must provide an accessible email address. Don't forget to print a physical copy before your departure.
- Means of Payment: You'll be required to make a payment during the application process. We accept credit or debit cards and PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Sri Lanka visa requirements for Papua New Guinean passport holders
How to Complete the Visa Application Form?
Sri Lanka Immigration Services will ask you to fill out an application form. The form is simple and brief, taking no more than 20 minutes to complete. Additionally, if you encounter any challenges while filling out the form, we offer a free 24/7 support service.
The application form consists of three steps:
Step 1: Personal Information: Provide your personal information details, passport information, and a few details about your trip to Sri Lanka. Candidates will also need to select a processing time, which affects the cost of your Sri Lanka ETA. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing: This is the most affordable and slowest option, with processing within 3 business days.
- Urgent processing: Your ETA will be ready in just 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent Processing: With this option, your application is processed in just 5 business hours.
Step 2: Payment and Review: It's crucial not to overlook this step, as even a small error can invalidate your travel document. Review your form for typos or other mistakes before proceeding. The Sri Lanka visa fee depends on the type of rush visa services you apply for.
Step 3: Document Upload: In the final step, you'll need to provide the necessary documents, such as your photo and a scan of your passport's information page.
Steps to apply for a Sri Lanka eTA visa online in Papua New Guinea
Submit Your Application and Await Processing
Once you've completed all three steps of the application form, simply submit your application, and our professional team will handle the rest.
In conclusion, using the Sri Lanka Immigration Services as your visa service makes it easy for Papua New Guinean citizens, or citizens of any other country, to apply for a Sri Lanka visa. Just follow these simple steps to obtain your Sri Lanka ETA.