Sri Lanka visa requirements for Luxembourg citizens
- 1. Sri Lanka visas for Luxembourg citizens
- 2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka e visa for Luxembourg citizens?
- 3. Fees and processing time to apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Luxembourg
- 4. Check Sri Lanka visa FAQs
- What happens once I submit my application for the Sri Lanka visa for Luxembourg citizens?
- Is Sri Lanka visa-free for Luxembourg citizens?
- How will Luxembourg citizens receive their Sri Lanka ETA?
- Can I stay in Sri Lanka without a Visa for Luxembourg?
- Why should I choose the Sri Lanka ETA service at Sri Lanka Immigration Services?
Because of its beautiful natural scenery, friendly people, and low cost, many Luxembourg residents enjoy visiting Sri Lanka. Residents of Luxembourg, on the other hand, require an e-visa/ETA to enter Sri Lanka.
So, what are the requirements in Sri Lanka visa for Luxembourg residents? What documents are needed, how long does the process take, and how much does it cost? Everything is covered in our article below.
1. Sri Lanka visas for Luxembourg citizens
A Sri Lanka visa is required for Luxembourg passport holders. As a result, Luxembourg residents planning to visit Sri Lanka must have a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization, also known as an ETA or an e-visa.
The Sri Lanka ETA is an abbreviation for the Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (e-Visa), which was introduced by the Sri Lankan government in 2012. The ETA is valid for 180 days from the date of issue, so Luxembourg citizens have to enter the country during this time.
How many kinds of Sri Lanka online visas?
There are three types of Sri Lanka ETA available at Sri Lanka Immigration Services:
- Business e-Visa/ETA: This type of visa is only used for business purposes. If you have this ETA type, you can stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with multiple entries into the country.
- Tourist e-Visa/ETA: This type of ETA allows you to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days from your arrival date. This type of ETA is also a double-entry visa.
- Transit e-Visa/ETA: This type of ETA is used when you need to stop in Sri Lanka before traveling to your final destination. You have 48 hours from the arrival date to stay at the same airport.
2. How to apply for a Sri Lanka e visa for Luxembourg citizens?
Travelers with Luxembourg passports only need to complete four simple steps to obtain a Sri Lanka ETA/e-Visa.
- Step 1: Fill out the online application form with visa details and personal information.
- Step 2: Pay the total cost of your order online.
- Step 3: Obtain your Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA. Check your email for your approved ETA/e-Visa or visit Check visa ETA status page.
- Step 4: Print it and bring it with you when you enter Sri Lanka.
Luxembourg visitors must provide information such as their full name, date of birth, and current address. Check that all of the information is correct.
An important note: the e-Visa/ETA should be printed in hard copy and carried in your passport.
Also, ensure that your Luxembourg passport is valid for at least 180 days on the intended date of entry into Sri Lanka, and that there are at least two unused pages for verification stamps.
Some notes for easy Sri Lanka ETA visa approval
A few quick notes to help you apply for your Sri Lanka visa. Please pay close attention:
- You need to fill out the Visa online form with your information. Make certain that your personal information is correct.
- In Luxembourg, the passport’s biographical page scan copy should be clear. It's worth noting that the information pages have a signature.
3. Fees and processing time to apply for a Sri Lanka visa from Luxembourg
The visa fee and processing time for applying for a Sri Lanka visa from Luxembourg are determined by the type of visa ETA requested.
How much is a Sri Lanka visa?
Sri Lanka ETA fees are required for Luxembourg passport holders and everyone else. It consists of the ETA service fee as well as the Government fee.
- Visa service fee: the fee you pay when you use the online visa services.
- The government of Sri Lanka requires foreigners to pay this fee when applying for an ETA visa.
You can also use an additional Sri Lanka 4G SIM Card service to stay in touch with family and friends during your trip. You can also purchase an Sri Lanka insurance package for added peace of mind.
You can choose the airport pick-up service to enhance the experience of Luxembourg visitors visiting Sri Lanka. Our driver will meet you at the airport, carry your luggage to the car, and safely transport you back to your hotel.
How long will it take to process a Sri Lanka visa online?
The processing time for the ETA is short. There are three levels to obtain a Sri Lanka ETA; the faster you need a visa online, the higher the cost.
- Normal processing: If you use this type of e-visa, you will receive an e-Visa/ETA within 03 business days.
- Urgent processing: With this service type, you can receive your e-Visa/ETA within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent processing: This is the highest priority service, allowing you to receive your e-Visa/ETA within 05 business hours.
4. Check Sri Lanka visa FAQs
What happens once I submit my application for the Sri Lanka visa for Luxembourg citizens?
After filling out the application form and paying the ETA fee, Luxembourg nationals can click the "Submit" button and wait for a response from Sri Lanka Immigration Services. Luxembourg citizens cannot change the application form once it has been submitted to the Government. As a result, they are strongly advised to double-check their information before submitting their visa application. Any errors or mismatched information may cause a processing time delay.
Is Sri Lanka visa-free for Luxembourg citizens?
No, Luxembourg citizens require a valid visa to travel to and enter Sri Lanka. There are 03 types of Sri Lanka ETA for Luxembourg passport holders: tourist ETA, business ETA, and transit ETA.
How will Luxembourg citizens receive their Sri Lanka ETA?
Luxembourg residents will receive their Sri Lanka ETA via email. To obtain a Sri Lanka eVisa, Luxembourg travelers can fill out an online application form at the Sri Lanka Immigration Services.
After receiving their approved travel document, Luxembourg candidates should download and print it. To enter Sri Lanka, they must present their valid visa to an Immigration Officer at a border checkpoint upon arrival.
Can I stay in Sri Lanka without a Visa for Luxembourg?
No, Luxembourg nationals are required to have a valid visa in order to enter and stay in Sri Lanka. According to the Sri Lankan government's visa policy, a foreigner who remains in the country without a valid visa will be fined US $500 in addition to the visa fee.
Why should I choose the Sri Lanka ETA service at Sri Lanka Immigration Services?
Sri Lankan immigration services specializes in ETAs for tourist, business, and transit visas. With many years of experience, our team always provides the best experience while saving you a significant amount of time and money.
Hope this article give you useful information about Sri Lanka visa for Luxembourg citizens. If you intend to visit Sri Lanka in the near future, you should not overlook our ETA visa service. If you have any questions about the detailed visa application process or documents, please contact us 24/7 with no charge.
Get e-Visa and take 15% Discount
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE