Travel to Sri Lanka without PCR tests
Sri Lanka reopens its doors to the world: a country with a bunch of abundant sightseeing and beautiful nature. In addition, Sri Lanka owns beautiful endless beaches and green spaces. The tropical climate and suitable topography make Sri Lanka the main tea producer in the world. Travel to Sri Lanka, you will have many activities to experience from adventure to water sports or resorts. Good news for tourists who are going to Sri Lanka: The government has decided to exempt PCR tests for certain cases that are easing to make your stay at the paradise island comfortable and chill. Let's keep an eye on the travel requirements to help you plan your Sri Lanka good smooth trip.
1. PCR test for travel in Sri Lanka
PCR test for travel in Sri Lanka
Some factors changed in 2022 regarding Sri Lanka travel rules that are good news for travelers who have pre-departure vaccination to Sri Lanka. Set eyes on this full article to have travel knowledge.
Fully Vaccinated People Do Not Need PCR test for travel in Sri Lanka
- Travelers have pre-departure vaccination to Sri Lanka, they have injected all recommended doses in their primary series of COVID-19 vaccine, and one booster dose when eligible.
- Children between the age of 12 and 18 who have received at least a single dose of a recognized vaccine (at least 2 weeks before travel).
Sri Lanka no longer requires a PCR test for travel in Sri Lanka for fully vaccinated travelers. This announcement was promulgated on February 27th, 2022 and has been valid from March 1st, 2022.
Children under 12 years can enjoy privileges as fully vaccinated people and are free from Sri Lanka airline’s PCR test or Rapid Antigen tests (RAT).
Travelers who have obtained at least a dose of a recommended vaccine and touched with COVID-19 within 6 months to 7 days prior to going to Sri Lanka are considered fully vaccinated people. They are exempted from entry without Sri Lanka airline's PCR test or RAT. Instead, they must have a validity document to demonstrate their COVID-19 infection past history.
“Fully Vaccinated” travelers can feel free to choose any type of accommodation such as homestay, hostel, condotel, etc.
Fully vaccinated arrivals have to print the certificate of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record and certificate of COVID-19 vaccination (at least 14 days prior to travel) but it is not digital proof or NHS appointment card from vaccination centers. Travelers need to submit a Health Declaration Form when they enter Sri Lanka.
It is so important to complete pre-departure vaccination to Sri Lanka. Not only protects you from the Covid-19 pandemic but only helps you enter more easily. Make sure you bring the document enough to prove your full vaccination to ensure a hassle-free visit.
Sri Lanka airline’s PCR test
Not Fully Vaccinated Status And PCR test for travel in Sri Lanka
- Travelers are unvaccinated or did not have enough “recommended doses” of a COVID-19 vaccination, they also did not have past history of Covid-19 inflection.
- Travelers have obtained at least a dose of a recommended vaccine and touched with COVID-19 more than 6 months prior to going to Sri Lanka.
- Travelers are between the age of 14 and 18, are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, they also did not have any past history of Covid-19 inflection.
Passengers in this category are required a negative PCR test (which is valid no more than 72 hours before departure flight), or a negative Rapid Antigen Test report (which is valid within 48 hours before departure flight). Travelers need to submit a Health Declaration Form when they enter Sri Lanka.
Applicants who are not fully vaccinated(except children 12-18 years) are mandatorily required to reserve a safe & secure certified Level 01 hotel for quarantine purposes.
If you are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, you also spend 7 nights/ 8 days in a Tourism Bio Bubble to enjoy a great time under protection.
Case of transit: Any Sri Lanka airline’s PCR test Needs?
First of all, you have required a Sri Lanka transit visa. It is not necessary to get a transit visa if you do not intend to get away from the transit area, but you are not permitted to enter the country without a Sri Lanka transit visa.
If you are transiting through Sri Lanka, you are exempted from the requirements of the Sri Lanka airline's PCR test as long as your next flight does not exceed 10 hours from arrival.
2. Entry requirements to Sri Lanka for foreigners
2.1. E-Visa/ ETA
For international travelers who have their first visit to Sri Lanka, you can check the 2022 Sri Lanka visa requirement to determine whether you need a visa or not.
It is so convenient that all travelers can apply online for an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) to enter Sri Lanka. The passport number and an email address are documents that you have to prepare for a Sri Lanka ETA. You just wait for 3 business days to receive ETA. You also absolutely get a visa on arrival at the airport but we will not recommend it because of the crowded airport, this increases the risk of Covid-19. Just need to fulfill our Apply for a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA Online Form and we take care of the rest.
2.2. Passport validity
Your passport should be valid for 6 months from the date you arrive. Check with your travel provider to make sure your passport and other travel documents meet their requirements.
2.3. COVID-19 insurance
It is compulsory to show your Covid-19 insurance when you want to travel to Sri Lanka. The Covid-19 insurance must have been at least the level of 75,000 USD coverage that is required for all travelers (both fully vaccinated and not vaccinated). You are better to buy travel insurance that covers Covid-19 Expenses, which protects you from not only Covid-19 but also other problems when abroad. Travel Insurance is a provision for future risks.
Sri Lanka travel advice
You can own online for both ETA and travel insurance by filling in Apply for a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA Online Form or contact us via email address: [email protected] or Hotline +1 917 397 7487. We are always here 24/24 to support you when you need us.
3. Sri Lanka Travel Advice
Travelers should have a plan to finish pre-departure vaccine Sri Lanka registration, it's totally for your safety.
Double-check for travel documents including Visa, Passport, Travel Insurance, COVID-19 recovery, vaccination record, and COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
Updating and well-executing Sri Lanka travel guidelines to have a safe journey and magnificent experience. It's better to have contingency plans to account for any local law or extend current restrictions.
- Transit visa in Sri Lanka
- The best time to visit Sri Lanka
- Top 5 Best Tourist Places In Sri Lanka For Your 2022 Trip
- An old friend in Sri Lanka is missing you on Friendship day
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Pongal Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- SLTDA Training for Tuk Drivers and Homestay Operators in Ella
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Top 15 famous Souvenirs and Gifts to pick in Sri Lanka (Part 1)
- 10 Sri Lankan foods that you are unable to forget – Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 10 Sri Lankan foods are unable to forget – Part 1
- Sri Lanka at a Glance
- 10 Good Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Horse Races & Carnivals in Nuwara Eliya - April 2016
- Sri Lankan Public Holidays 2016
- First Safari Park in Sri Lanka opens tomorrow
- A Would-Be Wi-Fi Paradise
- After success in Indonesia, ZEN Rooms expands to Sri Lanka and three other countries
- SL named top tourist destination for 2016