Transit visa in Sri Lanka
A Sri Lanka transit visa is a travel document that permits travelers to pause in Sri Lanka to pass through another destination. If you are finding a way to get a Transit visa to Sri Lanka as well as the requirements and fees, this article is for you.
1. Type of Transit Visa In Sri Lanka
Transit Visa in Sri Lanka allows travelers to stay in Sri Lanka for up to 48 hours from the day of arrival. The validity is 06 months from the issued date for a single entry and can not be extended.
Hence, a Transit visa in Sri Lanka is suitable for travelers who are planning to transit in this country to take the next destination's connecting flight. Remember to note the Sri Lanka transit rules about staying time and regulations to avoid any problems of overcoming the allowed time.
The Sri Lanka transit visa allows travelers to be only waiting for their next flight and do not intend to leave the transit lounge at the airport. If you want to visit or work in Sri Lanka for more than 2 days, you should get a tourist or business e-Visa.
Transit Visa In Sri Lanka
2. Check requirements for Sri Lankan airlines transit visa
If foreigners who are not on the Sri Lanka transit visa-exempt countries list have to own a visa to Sri Lanka. First of all, travelers must check if they are eligible to apply for a Sri Lanka transit visa online by clicking the Sri Lanka visa requirement.
When applicants want to get a Sri Lanka transit visa, they will prepare some attached documents:
- A scan of your passport: at least 06 months validity after their arrival in Sri Lanka and 02 blank pages for arrival/ exit stamps marking.
- A valid email address to receive the notification and transit visa.
- A valid debit or credit card for the payment.
Foreigners should make sure that they have enough documents above to meet the requirements for the easy transit visa process.
Check requirements for Sri Lankan airlines transit visa
3. How to apply for the Sri Lankan airlines transit visa
To get a Sri Lankan airlines transit visa, you can apply online without going to the nearest Sri Lanka embassy or consulate. You just need a smartphone or laptop that has an internet connection to apply online. Is it convenient?
It is simple and fast to finish 04 steps:
- Step 1: Fill out a Sri Lanka eta application form with some information:
- Number of Visa
- Type of Visa: choose Transit e-Visa/ETA
- Processing Time: 05 business hours to 03 business days.
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Date of Arrival
- Date of Departure
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee online.You can choose the payment method (Credit card or debit card, PayPal or Bank transfer).
- Step 3: The transit visa in Sri Lanka will be in your inbox through your emails.
- Step 4: Receive a visa stamped into your passport.
Please double-check your all information before making payment because any mistakes or inaccuracies will cause a delay or even rejection.
After receiving a transit visa, you should also create a duplicate with the passport and bring it to Sri Lanka for checking by border control officers.
It is recommended that you should buy travel insurance for a small fee. You can take peace of mind about the Covid-19 expenses, medical expenses, emergency expenses and so on while abroad.
Sri Lankan airlines transit visa fee
4. Sri Lankan airlines transit visa fee
There are two types of fees that you have to pay includes the Government fee and the Service fee:
- The Government & admin fee is the compulsory fee to pay for the Sri Lanka Immigration Department to process transit visas.
- The Service fee belongs to the processing time:
- Normal: The transit visa will be processed in 03 working days. The cost of this option is the cheapest and the best choice for those who have more time to prepare for their trip.
- Urgent: 24 working hours is the time of the transit visa process. The faster the process is, the higher the cost is.
- Super Urgent: This is the fastest option because it takes only 05 working hours to receive a transit visa.
Global Immigration Services Limited (GIS) has always been providing the best ETA/visa service at a reasonable price. We follow each step of the process to help customers legalize required documents and smooth completion.
We are 24/7 support, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via hotline or email. We will be very happy to hear from you.
- Travel to Sri Lanka without PCR tests
- The best time to visit Sri Lanka
- Top 5 Best Tourist Places In Sri Lanka For Your 2022 Trip
- An old friend in Sri Lanka is missing you on Friendship day
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Pongal Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- SLTDA Training for Tuk Drivers and Homestay Operators in Ella
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Top 15 famous Souvenirs and Gifts to pick in Sri Lanka (Part 1)
- 10 Sri Lankan foods that you are unable to forget – Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 10 Sri Lankan foods are unable to forget – Part 1
- Sri Lanka at a Glance
- 10 Good Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Horse Races & Carnivals in Nuwara Eliya - April 2016
- Sri Lankan Public Holidays 2016
- First Safari Park in Sri Lanka opens tomorrow
- A Would-Be Wi-Fi Paradise
- After success in Indonesia, ZEN Rooms expands to Sri Lanka and three other countries
- SL named top tourist destination for 2016