Start Your Family Holiday To Sri Lanka With Top 5 Amazing Places
Sri Lanka is a tropical paradise in the Indian Ocean, home to diverse attractions for all ages, making it an ideal choice for vacations. With countless beautiful beaches, diverse wildlife, rich cultural heritage, and warm hospitality are guaranteed to give family holidays to Sri Lanka a unique and unforgettable holiday experience.
- Sri Lanka Family Holiday Packages: A Perfect Blend Of Fun And Relaxation
- Get Closer To Nature Through Top 5 Places To Visit In Sri Lanka With Family
- Choose The Best Family Hotels in Sri Lanka To Find Your Perfect Home Away From Home
Sri Lanka Family Holiday Packages: A Perfect Blend Of Fun And Relaxation
Sri Lanka boasts a diverse range of destinations for a family holiday, spanning from the verdant mountains in the central hills to the glistening coastline in the south and west, and from ancient historical sites in the cultural triangle to the tranquil Gulf of Mannar in the north-west. It's no wonder that Sri Lanka family holiday packages are popular among travelers, such as children's play spaces, babysitter services, and family-friendly restaurants.
In Sri Lanka, there are a variety of accommodations that cater to families, ranging from economical guesthouses to high-end resorts. There are several hotels and resorts with features and activities created especially for families, Besides, due to the country's relatively small size, getting around and exploring is easy for families, with various transportation options, such as trains, buses, and private cars, readily available. Particularly, the price of meals, transportation, and activities is often reasonable, and many lodgings give children discounts.
Get Closer To Nature Through Top 5 Places To Visit In Sri Lanka With Family
1. Trekking in Ella on Sri Lanka family tours
Set amidst the mountains and tea gardens, Ella is one of the most popular retreats in the hills, which is also a part of many Sri Lanka family tours. With plenty of chances for hiking, mountain climbing, and trekking, Ella is a major ecotourism destination in Sri Lanka. It's also a great spot for families to enjoy a holiday, with activities such as rainforest exploration, jungle trekking, waterfall visits, and hiking. It can be said that visiting this beautiful place is sure to be a memorable experience for the whole family. In addition, located outside the picturesque town of Ella amid the dense forest, the Nine Arch Bridge is an impressive feat of engineering and architecture that stands tall in Ella. There's nothing quite like the sensation of strolling through the jungle and catching a glimpse of the stunning stone arches of the bridge emerging through the mist. You might even be fortunate enough to witness the well-known train making its way across the tracks on its journey to Ella.
Read more: Top 6 things to do in Ella Sri Lanka
Train on the Nine Arch Bridge in Sri Lanka
2. Including Bentota Beach in your Sri Lanka Family Holiday Packages
Bentota, referred to as the golden mile in Sri Lanka, is a popular beach holiday destination. The area is well-known for its expansive, golden sand beaches and is a popular destination for honeymooners and families. Apart from soaking up the sun and engaging in water sports, visitors can spend time joining in many other activities in Bentota, such as indulging in fresh seafood, exploring mangrove forests, and spending leisure time on the beach, some of the best activities to enjoy here.
Bentota beach in Sri Lanka
3. Galle Fort – A must-visit in Sri Lanka
Another place for tourists to visit is Galle Fort, a historic town located on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka, which is teeming with rich culture, history, and architectural wonders. When coming to Galle Fort, visitors can relish strolling through the ancient fort and its charming streets filled with trendy shops, cafes, and restaurants housed in stunning Dutch-style buildings. Most families often choose to travel to the seaside town of Galle to relax and experience the local culture here. Galle is home to a beautiful old town that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This is an ideal location for guests to enjoy water sports such as swimming, surfing, and other water sports at nearby Unawatuna Beach.
Lighthouse in Galle Fort on a sunny day in Sri Lanka
4. Visit The Red Mosque in Colombo
The Jami Ul-Alfar, also known as the Red Mosque, is a remarkable sight in Colombo. Located in the vibrant Pettah district, the candy-like red and white striped mosque boasts an impressive exterior with towering minarets and intricate red and white patterns. Visitors are welcome to explore the equally stunning interior, but it's important to note that it is a religious site, and proper attire is required as a sign of respect.
Read more: Best time to visa this Colombo
View on the Red Mosque in Colombo
5. Kandy Botanical Gardens
The Kandy Botanical Gardens is an idyllic getaway from the scorching heat of the city, offering an opportunity to appreciate the splendid tropical charm of nature. Numerous plant, tree, and flower species may be found in this vast garden complex, but the most well-known is the impressive collection of orchids, which come in a wide range of hues and varieties. Amble through the gardens for an afternoon, reveling in the beauty of the verdant surroundings, capturing photos, and unwinding on the soft grass. For those seeking refreshment, the gardens offer the option to relax and enjoy a revitalizing beverage at one of their delightful cafes.
Read more: What things to do in Kandy
Choose The Best Family Hotels in Sri Lanka To Find Your Perfect Home Away From Home
Sri Lanka is home to a wide range of family-friendly accommodations, including many family-specific resorts. To ensure guests have a comfortable and convenient trip, we have some recommendations for some of the best family hotels in Sri Lanka, such as Cinnamon Bey Beruwala, which offers spacious family rooms, a kids club, and many activities for all ages. Besides, Shangri-La Hambantota Golf Resort & Spa is another top choice for tourists. The resort includes a water park, a mini golf course, and many restaurants to serve tourists. For those looking for an eco-friendly experience, Jetwing Vil Uyana is one of those places that offers unique accommodations with thatched huts in the middle of rice fields, along with a swimming pool, spa, and restaurant inside the campus. Ultimately, choosing a suitable Sri Lanka family resort will depend on your family's specific needs and preferences, so it's important to do your research and pick the accommodation that fits your family's individual preferences and budget.
Choose the best family hotels in Sri Lanka
Useful information for foreigners traveling to Sri Lanka
Due to travelers from the country not being among the nationals exempted from visa requirements, they also need visas to enter Sri Lanka. Nonetheless, the process of obtaining a visa for tourists is now more efficient and convenient. Sri Lanka Immigration Services can make it easier for you to get a Sri Lanka e-Visa for your trip to Sri Lanka. The process is hassle-free and not at all time-consuming.
Let us accompany your journey!
- Best Deals on Duty-Free Shopping in Sri Lanka
- A Guide to Maha Shivaratri Festival in Sri Lanka
- The Vibrant and Festive Poson Poya Festival in Sri Lanka
- Best Restaurants In Colombo That Every Tourist Must Visit
- National Museum Of Colombo: Top Of Sri Lanka Travel Bucket List
- The best time to visit Sri Lanka
- The Romance Of The Rails: A Sri Lankan Train Journey Through Time
- Top Things To Do In Galle When Traveling To Sri Lanka
- Embark On An Adventure In Kandy Sri Lanka Where Enigma Awaits
- The Significance Of Sri Lanka Languages In Building A Harmonious Society
- A Complete Guide Of Ambuluwawa Tower In Sri Lanka
- Understanding Colombo's Weather Patterns: Hot or Humid?
- Tuk Tuk Adventure in Sri Lanka: Riding with the Wind
- Sri Lanka Traditional Dress: A Window into The Rich Heritage
- Sri Lanka Travel Places: Highlights & The 8 Top Best Destinations
- Dambulla Sri Lanka - Explore The Rich Cultural Heritage
- Top 6 Things To Do In Ella Sri Lanka That You Should Add To Your Trip
- Nuwara Eliya Sri Lanka - A Perfect Trip To Unwind
- Sigiriya Sri Lanka - Masterpiece Lion Fortress In The Middle Of The Jungle
- The Best Hotels In Sri Lanka Available Across All Price Ranges
- A Guide To The Best Sri Lanka Money Exchange Options For Maximizing Value
- Escape to Paradise: Your Guide to Traveling from the UK to Sri Lanka
- Uncover the Beauty of Sri Lanka: A Guide to Traveling from India
- Stay Up-to-Date: A Guide to Sri Lanka's Latest Travel Restriction
- Discover the Best Time to Visit Sri Lanka: A Guide to the Weather
- Top 5 Most Beautiful Beaches In Sri Lanka For Your Vacation
- Top 10 Tourist Attractions In Sri Lanka Worth Visiting For International Travelers
- The Most Beautiful Places In Sri Lanka For A One Day Trip
- Essential things to know before traveling to Sri Lanka
- Check Out 7 Star Hotels in Sri Lanka For Your Bucket List
- The Best Travel Guide For Sri Lanka For First-Time Tourists
- Transit visa in Sri Lanka
- Travel to Sri Lanka without PCR tests
- Top 5 Best Tourist Places In Sri Lanka For Your Trip
- An old friend in Sri Lanka is missing you on Friendship day
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Pongal Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- SLTDA Training for Tuk Drivers and Homestay Operators in Ella
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Top 15 famous Souvenirs and Gifts to pick in Sri Lanka (Part 1)
- 10 Sri Lankan foods that you are unable to forget – Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 10 Sri Lankan foods are unable to forget – Part 1
- Sri Lanka at a Glance
- 10 Good Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Horse Races & Carnivals in Nuwara Eliya - April 2016
- Sri Lankan Public Holidays 2016
- First Safari Park in Sri Lanka opens tomorrow
- A Would-Be Wi-Fi Paradise
- After success in Indonesia, ZEN Rooms expands to Sri Lanka and three other countries
- SL named top tourist destination for 2016
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE