Understanding Colombo's Weather Patterns: Hot or Humid?
- Discover Colombo weather for visitors
- Colombo weather by season
- What activities travelers should join in Colombo’s summer season?
- Quick facts about Colombo weather which is useful for travelers
Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka, is renowned for its rich cultural diversity, magnificent building, and breathtaking coastline. However, things are not always as straightforward when it comes to its weather. Visitors may find the city's weather trends to be a little perplexing and unsure of what to anticipate. In this article, we'll examine Colombo's weather in detail, looking at its tendency toward heat and humidity and how that might impact your trip plans in great detail.
Discover Colombo weather for visitors
Colombo is known as an eternal city thanks to its mild weather conditions all year round. The weather of the year in Colombo can be divided into 3 distinct seasons: summer, monsoon season, and winter. Precipitation in Colombo may not have too much of an effect on the overall weather condition of the year. Visitors can fully enjoy this city in the rainy season if you are a lover of the rain and can enjoy it.
Colombo weather by season
The best time to visit Colombo during the summer is from March to April. Due to the nation's consistently moderate weather throughout the whole year, summer in the city is pleasant. The heat will be dryer and a little bit more oppressive until April. As a result, this month is inappropriate for exploring the city on foot.
Monsoon seasons: May - October
It is certainly not the ideal time of year to travel to Colombo because the city frequently experiences very strong rains during this time of year. Rainfall has had a big impact on municipal operations, notably the tourism industry. In contrast to other nations, Colombo and Sri Lanka's summer is probably not ideal for spending time at the beach.
Rainfall does not have an impact on Colombo throughout the winter. The ideal time of year to visit Colombo is currently thought to be now. Colombo's wintertime looks to be ideal for taking advantage of the city's stunning beaches and waves.
The best time to visit Colombo during the summer is from March to April
What activities travelers should join in Colombo’s summer season?
There is a list of water sports in Colombo that travelers should try during traveling time at Colombo:
There is a place for tourists to enjoy kayaking and enjoy the calm waters of the Indian Ocean, which is Kalu Kanga. This is a safe and extremely enjoyable activity as you can leisurely paddle the river with your friends.
For every tourist, kitesurfing is without a doubt the most exceptional and memorable water activity. Kite surfing is a must-see activity in Colombo whether you are an expert or a novice.
3. Scuba Diving
The most well-known diving location in South Colombo is Hikkaduwa. Start your adventure to find the vibrant natural coral reefs and shipwreck remnants by taking a plunge in the warm Indian Ocean. Your vision will undoubtedly be captured and conquered. In a rich and magnificent maritime habitat, Colombo offers everything you could ever want. Travel insurance from Sri Lanka Immigration Services can let you explore securely!
Is diving in Colombo good?
Yes. Colombo is endowed with some of the most spectacular beaches, making it a fantastic location to engage in a variety of thrilling water activities including scuba diving and snorkeling. One of the top diving locations in the world is thought to be the seas around Colombo.
It's Hikkudawa once more, where the waves are always high. Prepare to handle waves that are over 8 feet tall during the peak season. From studying and experimenting to competitive surfing, surfing in the Indian Ocean may provide you with a wealth of life-changing experiences. Colombo is, in other words, a surfer's heaven.
5. Whitewater Rafting
Kitul Gala is a paradise for whitewater rafting in addition to kayaking. Visitors can test their own and their friends' limitations by rafting through the area's numerous waterfalls. Participants have also been thoroughly provided with safety precautions. You may look at the travel insurance we provide if you want to be more confident in the safety of your trip and the amazing natural encounters you will have. Your amazement at its thoughtfulness is certain.
Colombo is a fantastic location for scuba diving and snorkeling
Quick facts about Colombo weather which is useful for travelers
What time of year in Colombo is the hottest?
The hottest month of the year is March, also April, with a high temperature of 32 °C (90 °F) on average. This will not be the right time to dye your skin on the beach. Be careful with cases of heat shock and dehydration.
Which month in Colombo is the coldest?
January has an average high temperature of 27°C (81°F), making it the coldest month. The cold of Sri Lanka is very different, it is a gentle and pleasant cold, thanks to the mild climate whether it is dry season or cold season, it all retains a certain mildness.
Which month has the most rain in Colombo?
The wettest month is May, which had 382 mm (15.0 in) of rain.
Which month in Colombo is the driest?
The least precipitous month is January, which has 62 mm (2.4 in) of rain. Thunderstorms and storms often threaten the beautiful city of Colombo at this time of year. Therefore, you can participate in indoor activities during this time.
The driest month in Colombo is January
Which month has the most sunshine in Colombo?
With 276 hours of sunlight on average, March is the sunniest month. With the nature of being the hottest month of the year, this also helps visitors better understand what makes it the hottest month of the year.
The capital city of Sri Lanka, Colombo, is renowned for its famous temples, shipping ports, colonial structures, historic ruins, and breathtakingly lovely beaches. The vast cultural legacy of Colombo is reflected in the city's art, architecture, and cuisine. Besides, Colombo weather also contributes to forming the characteristics of this famous city. The weather features through the seasons, along with exciting summer activities in this capital will surely help you plan the best possible trip to Sri Lanka.
Make careful to acquire a Sri Lanka ETA before your trip by following the instructions provided on the Sri Lanka Immigration Services website. Find out the temperature in Colombo once you have your Sri Lanka ETA. Due to its equatorial environment, Colombo weather usually experiences hot and humid all year long.
- Best Deals on Duty-Free Shopping in Sri Lanka
- A Guide to Maha Shivaratri Festival in Sri Lanka
- The Vibrant and Festive Poson Poya Festival in Sri Lanka
- Best Restaurants In Colombo That Every Tourist Must Visit
- National Museum Of Colombo: Top Of Sri Lanka Travel Bucket List
- The best time to visit Sri Lanka
- Start Your Family Holiday To Sri Lanka With Top 5 Amazing Places
- The Romance Of The Rails: A Sri Lankan Train Journey Through Time
- Top Things To Do In Galle When Traveling To Sri Lanka
- Embark On An Adventure In Kandy Sri Lanka Where Enigma Awaits
- The Significance Of Sri Lanka Languages In Building A Harmonious Society
- A Complete Guide Of Ambuluwawa Tower In Sri Lanka
- Tuk Tuk Adventure in Sri Lanka: Riding with the Wind
- Sri Lanka Traditional Dress: A Window into The Rich Heritage
- Sri Lanka Travel Places: Highlights & The 8 Top Best Destinations
- Dambulla Sri Lanka - Explore The Rich Cultural Heritage
- Top 6 Things To Do In Ella Sri Lanka That You Should Add To Your Trip
- Nuwara Eliya Sri Lanka - A Perfect Trip To Unwind
- Sigiriya Sri Lanka - Masterpiece Lion Fortress In The Middle Of The Jungle
- The Best Hotels In Sri Lanka Available Across All Price Ranges
- A Guide To The Best Sri Lanka Money Exchange Options For Maximizing Value
- Escape to Paradise: Your Guide to Traveling from the UK to Sri Lanka
- Uncover the Beauty of Sri Lanka: A Guide to Traveling from India
- Stay Up-to-Date: A Guide to Sri Lanka's Latest Travel Restriction
- Discover the Best Time to Visit Sri Lanka: A Guide to the Weather
- Top 5 Most Beautiful Beaches In Sri Lanka For Your Vacation
- Top 10 Tourist Attractions In Sri Lanka Worth Visiting For International Travelers
- The Most Beautiful Places In Sri Lanka For A One Day Trip
- Essential things to know before traveling to Sri Lanka
- Check Out 7 Star Hotels in Sri Lanka For Your Bucket List
- The Best Travel Guide For Sri Lanka For First-Time Tourists
- Transit visa in Sri Lanka
- Travel to Sri Lanka without PCR tests
- Top 5 Best Tourist Places In Sri Lanka For Your Trip
- An old friend in Sri Lanka is missing you on Friendship day
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Pongal Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- SLTDA Training for Tuk Drivers and Homestay Operators in Ella
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Top 15 famous Souvenirs and Gifts to pick in Sri Lanka (Part 1)
- 10 Sri Lankan foods that you are unable to forget – Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 10 Sri Lankan foods are unable to forget – Part 1
- Sri Lanka at a Glance
- 10 Good Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Horse Races & Carnivals in Nuwara Eliya - April 2016
- Sri Lankan Public Holidays 2016
- First Safari Park in Sri Lanka opens tomorrow
- A Would-Be Wi-Fi Paradise
- After success in Indonesia, ZEN Rooms expands to Sri Lanka and three other countries
- SL named top tourist destination for 2016
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE