SLTDA Training for Tuk Drivers and Homestay Operators in Ella
The Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority held an Awareness and Training programme for Tuk Tuk Drivers and Home Stay/Bungalow Operators in Ella recently.
Around 120 Tuk Tuk drivers and 87 Home Stay operators took part in the meeting held at the District Secretariat building. Upon completion of the programme, certificates were awarded to all participants by Minister of Telecommunication, Digital Infrastructure Development and Foreign Employment Harin Fernando and SLTDA Chairman Kavan Ratnayaka.
This comes as part of the SLTDA’s larger plans to support and streamline the tourism industry in Ella- a vibrant tourism hotspot in Sri Lanka.
In addition to the programme, the SLTDA Chairman, its senior officials and the Chairman of the Ella Pradeshiya Sabha Ella conducted a site inspection to assess and identify areas that need further improvement and upliftment. A discussion was also held to set up a ‘tourist comfort center’ with adequate toilet facilities and to install a proper drainage and sewerage disposal system in the area.
The SLTDA also decided to set up a Tourist Police Unit in Ella to ensure the safety of foreign and local tourists. Facilities will also be upgraded at the Ella railway station, one of the main tourist entry points to the area.
- Transit visa in Sri Lanka
- Travel to Sri Lanka without PCR tests
- The best time to visit Sri Lanka
- Top 5 Best Tourist Places In Sri Lanka For Your 2022 Trip
- An old friend in Sri Lanka is missing you on Friendship day
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Pongal Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Top 15 famous Souvenirs and Gifts to pick in Sri Lanka (Part 1)
- 10 Sri Lankan foods that you are unable to forget – Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 10 Sri Lankan foods are unable to forget – Part 1
- Sri Lanka at a Glance
- 10 Good Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Horse Races & Carnivals in Nuwara Eliya - April 2016
- Sri Lankan Public Holidays 2016
- First Safari Park in Sri Lanka opens tomorrow
- A Would-Be Wi-Fi Paradise
- After success in Indonesia, ZEN Rooms expands to Sri Lanka and three other countries
- SL named top tourist destination for 2016