Nuwara Eliya Sri Lanka - A Perfect Trip To Unwind
- Things To Do In Nuwara Eliya: Discover 5 Top-rated Nuwara Eliya Places To Visit
- Helpful Tips To Have An Exciting Nuwara Eliya Trip
Nuwara Eliya, known as "Little England", is a charming highland town in Sri Lanka that exudes a distinctly British countryside vibe. The town is characterized by its colonial-era bungalows, Tudor-style hotels, and well-maintained gardens and hedgerows, which lend a picturesque, rose-tinted ambiance. Nuwara Eliya is like a cool-climate retreat for those who wish to go away from the hustle and bustle of the city and seek serenity. Today, the town remains a popular tourist destination, offering visitors a glimpse into Sri Lanka's colonial past and a respite from the heat and humidity of the island's lower regions. Traveling to Nuwara Eliya, tourists can immerse themselves in the tranquility of a peaceful town that is hard to be found in other places.
Things To Do In Nuwara Eliya: Discover 5 Top-rated Nuwara Eliya Places To Visit
Pedro Tea Estate
Nestled in the scenic Pidurutalagala mountain range, a few kilometers away from the central city of Nuwara Eliya, lies the picturesque Pedro Tea Estate. A must-visit for tea enthusiasts, the estate offers a comprehensive tour of the tea-making process, from growing and selecting the finest tea leaves to drying, processing, and packaging them for export. Guests can stroll through the verdant tea fields and even participate in picking leaves under the expert guidance of the workers. Afterward, guests can unwind at the outdoor cafe with a steaming cup of Pure Ceylon tea and purchase some to take home as a delightful souvenir. The estate's warm hospitality and stunning views make it a perfect Nuwara Eliya place to visit for travelers seeking a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage of Sri Lanka.
Pedro Tea Estate, Sri Lanka
Lake Gregory Park is a popular recreational area located in the heart of Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka. The park surrounds Lake Gregory, a serene body of water that offers breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and mountains. This attraction is a great spot for a leisurely stroll, a picnic with family and friends, or for enjoying a variety of outdoor activities. For adventurous experiences, visitors can rent paddle or swan-shaped boats and glide across the lake's peaceful waters. The park also features a children's playground, an exercise area, and fast food stalls where visitors can enjoy a light meal. With its tranquil atmosphere and picturesque setting, Lake Gregory Park is a must-visit destination for travelers looking to unwind and connect with nature.
Galway's Land National Park
Galway's Land National Park, a stunning montane ecosystem park located just a few kilometers east of Nuwara Eliya town in Sri Lanka, is also a stunning Nuwara Eliya tourist place. In the park, people can find a diversity of wildlife, including the Sri Lankan wild boar (Sus scrofa affinis), the barking deer (Muntiacus muntjak malabaricus), and up to 30 endemic bird species, as well as 30 native Sri Lankan bird species. When visiting the park, visitors are recommended to wear comfortable walking clothes and bring binoculars and cameras to capture perfect snapshots of the park's rare and native bird species. Galway's Land National Park is also home to various types of beautiful flowers and trees, adding to the park's stunning scenery.
Galway's Land National Park, Sri Lanka
Victoria Park is a beautiful spot situated in the heart of Nuwara Eliya city in Sri Lanka that is worth a visit owing to its tranquil scenery. The park is accessible to the public year-round, but the best time to visit is from March to May and August to September when exotic flowering plants fully bloom. If you are a bird-watching lover, grab a pair of binoculars, and you can spot tropical birds while strolling through the park. The park also has a children's play area where holidaymakers can enjoy a fascinating family picnic.
Seetha Amman Temple
The Seeta Amman Temple is a stunning Hindu temple located about 7 kilometers southeast of Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka. Legend has it that the temple was built on the site where Sita, the wife of Lord Rama, was held captive by the demon king Ravana. People come to Seeta Amman Temple not only because of its sacred value but also to seek the serenity that it brings to their souls. Without a doubt, visiting the temple is among the top things to do in Nuwara Eliya for all types of travelers.
Seeta Amman Temple, Sri Lanka
Helpful Tips To Have An Exciting Nuwara Eliya Trip
Don’t miss out on these helpful tips to enjoy your Nuwara Eliya trip to the fullest!
Weather in Nuwara Eliya: The best time to visit Nuwara Eliya
A trip to Nuwara Eliya will be more enjoyable if you are aware of the best time to visit this place. There is no wrong time to visit this beautiful hill station because Nuwara Eliya weather is moderate climate throughout the year. However, choosing the best time to visit Nuwara Eliya is highly recommended if you wish to have a perfect trip. It falls from February to April, as this period sees little rainfall, making it ideal for exploring picturesque sights without worrying about the weather. Even though the temperatures are quite low at this time, visitors can enjoy the scenic beauty of the place, including the tea plantations, waterfalls, and national parks. April is a busy month in Nuwara Eliya, as it is the time of the Sinhalese New Year, and various celebrations like flower shows, horse races, and car races occur across the city. Visitors should avoid the months of June to November as the rainfall is generally high, which can hinder sightseeing.
The best time to visit Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka
Travel from Colombo to Nuwara Eliya
Tourists can travel from Colombo to Nuwara Eliya in various ways: train, bus, or taxi. Traveling by train to Nuwara Eliya is highly recommended because it is an interesting journey that offers a gorgeous view of Sri Lanka’s mountains. Travel time from Colombo to Nuwara Eliya is estimated to be about 5h 54m.
Travel by train from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
Taking the train from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya is a scenic journey that is worth the time. The train journey takes around 3-4 hours to cover the 196km (122 miles) distance and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes. However, if you're in a hurry, taking a taxi is a wiser option, taking only 1 hour and 20 minutes to cover a shorter distance of 76km (47 miles) by road. Visitors can purchase their train tickets at the counter office on the day of travel. However, during national holidays or peak season, it is advisable for tourists to purchase a ticket online to avoid long queues and ensure the desired seats.
Taking the train from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
The best hotels in Nuwara Eliya
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel is a luxurious colonial property with a rich history that adds to its charm. The hotel's colonial architecture and stylish decor exude an air of grandeur and elegance, making guests feel like they have stepped back in time. Its family-friendly atmosphere makes it ideal for guests of all ages. Additionally, plenty of activities are available in the hotel, from cycling tours to the heated indoor pool, ensuring that there is something to keep everyone entertained. The Grand Hotel is one of the best hotels in Nuwara Eliya for those seeking a luxurious stay in Nuwara Eliya with a touch of history and family fun.
Jetwing St Andrews
Jetwing St Andrews is a beautifully restored Georgian-style mansion that exudes a charming and sophisticated atmosphere. The bright and well-appointed rooms are tastefully decorated with soothing pastel accents and crisp white sheets, ensuring a comfortable stay. As part of one of Sri Lanka's most reputable family-owned hotel groups, the hotel prides itself on its excellent service, providing guests with personalized attention to ensure a memorable experience.
Heritance Tea Factory
Heritance Tea Factory is a famous 5-star hotel in Nuwara Eliya that was once a fully functional tea factory. The factory was eventually sold and transformed into a luxurious hotel that allows guests to take in the stunning views of the surrounding mountainous landscape while enjoying the grandeur and charm of the old Raj estates. Inside, guests can indulge in a range of spa treatments, including massages, luxury scrubs, and wraps, while also taking advantage of the library, gym, and putting green.
Travel Documents to visit Nuwara Eliya
A visa is an essential document if you want to visit Nuwara Eliya. An e visa is a wise choice for those who wish to stay there for a short period of time. With just a few simple steps, tourists can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online and get a result as soon as 5 hours.
If you have any inquiries about a Sri Lanka ETA, don’t hesitate to contact us immediately. Our Sri Lanka Immigration Services team, with more than 10 years of experience in visa consulting services, will give you the best guidance on obtaining this ETA. Travel to Nuwara Eliya in Sri Lanka has never been easier. Let’s pack your package and get many memorable experiences in this idyllic town!
- Best Deals on Duty-Free Shopping in Sri Lanka
- A Guide to Maha Shivaratri Festival in Sri Lanka
- The Vibrant and Festive Poson Poya Festival in Sri Lanka
- Best Restaurants In Colombo That Every Tourist Must Visit
- National Museum Of Colombo: Top Of Sri Lanka Travel Bucket List
- The best time to visit Sri Lanka
- Start Your Family Holiday To Sri Lanka With Top 5 Amazing Places
- The Romance Of The Rails: A Sri Lankan Train Journey Through Time
- Top Things To Do In Galle When Traveling To Sri Lanka
- Embark On An Adventure In Kandy Sri Lanka Where Enigma Awaits
- The Significance Of Sri Lanka Languages In Building A Harmonious Society
- A Complete Guide Of Ambuluwawa Tower In Sri Lanka
- Understanding Colombo's Weather Patterns: Hot or Humid?
- Tuk Tuk Adventure in Sri Lanka: Riding with the Wind
- Sri Lanka Traditional Dress: A Window into The Rich Heritage
- Sri Lanka Travel Places: Highlights & The 8 Top Best Destinations
- Dambulla Sri Lanka - Explore The Rich Cultural Heritage
- Top 6 Things To Do In Ella Sri Lanka That You Should Add To Your Trip
- Sigiriya Sri Lanka - Masterpiece Lion Fortress In The Middle Of The Jungle
- The Best Hotels In Sri Lanka Available Across All Price Ranges
- A Guide To The Best Sri Lanka Money Exchange Options For Maximizing Value
- Escape to Paradise: Your Guide to Traveling from the UK to Sri Lanka
- Uncover the Beauty of Sri Lanka: A Guide to Traveling from India
- Stay Up-to-Date: A Guide to Sri Lanka's Latest Travel Restriction
- Discover the Best Time to Visit Sri Lanka: A Guide to the Weather
- Top 5 Most Beautiful Beaches In Sri Lanka For Your Vacation
- Top 10 Tourist Attractions In Sri Lanka Worth Visiting For International Travelers
- The Most Beautiful Places In Sri Lanka For A One Day Trip
- Essential things to know before traveling to Sri Lanka
- Check Out 7 Star Hotels in Sri Lanka For Your Bucket List
- The Best Travel Guide For Sri Lanka For First-Time Tourists
- Transit visa in Sri Lanka
- Travel to Sri Lanka without PCR tests
- Top 5 Best Tourist Places In Sri Lanka For Your Trip
- An old friend in Sri Lanka is missing you on Friendship day
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Pongal Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- SLTDA Training for Tuk Drivers and Homestay Operators in Ella
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Top 15 famous Souvenirs and Gifts to pick in Sri Lanka (Part 1)
- 10 Sri Lankan foods that you are unable to forget – Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 10 Sri Lankan foods are unable to forget – Part 1
- Sri Lanka at a Glance
- 10 Good Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Horse Races & Carnivals in Nuwara Eliya - April 2016
- Sri Lankan Public Holidays 2016
- First Safari Park in Sri Lanka opens tomorrow
- A Would-Be Wi-Fi Paradise
- After success in Indonesia, ZEN Rooms expands to Sri Lanka and three other countries
- SL named top tourist destination for 2016
HOW CAN WE HELP?
NEED HELP 24/7
How it works ?
APPLY WITH CONFIDENCE