An old friend in Sri Lanka is missing you on Friendship day
When things go wrong in life, a buddy may raise our self-esteem and lift us out of the grip of sadness. As a result, friendship is essential in one's life. This is why we commemorate Friendship Day.
What is Friendship’s day?
Friendship Day in Sri Lanka is observed every year around August as a day to remember friends. As a result, individuals typically like spending the day with their friends, handing each other cards and wristbands to commemorate their friendship, going on a pleasant date, seeing a movie, and so on. It is also usual for teenagers to flaunt their best friends day in Sri Lanka, believing that the more they have on their wrist, the more popular, loved, and desired they feel.
Back through to 1919, this day originally used to be a day people send cards to their friends to celebrate intimate relationships. Day over day, walking through many events and it is finally officially recognized as the International Friendship Day by the United Nations in 2011. Although the official day was 30th July, everyone still conventionally gets the first Sunday in August. It also encourages people to make new friends, open their networking.
When is Friendship Day in Sri Lanka?
Friendship Day in Sri Lanka is observed annually on the first Sunday of Augustm like the others countries. It falls on August 7 this year. While the United Nations designated July 30 as World Friendship Day this year, Sri Lanka will continue to observe it on the first Sunday of August.
What Do People Do on Friendship’s Day in Sri Lanka?
To mark the World Friendship Day, the UN encourages governments, organizations, and community groups to hold events, activities, and initiatives that promote solidarity, mutual understanding, and reconciliation.
People around the world are sipping the glass of champagne to celebrate the friendship with their soulmates. The international friendship day is a rare occasion to remind everyone about their relationships regardless of whether it is old or new. Every first Sunday in August was established as An International Friendship Day and this year it is 1st August.
Sometimes, being with your best friend is all the therapy you need. Although your life is chaotic, do not forget to spend time and mind to do something on this day. You could simply send a message to your friends, make a phone call to inquire about their life, or more specially make a trip to visit them.
How long did it take you not to return to Sri Lanka to visit the old friend?
We are delighted to give you a special promotion of 35% discount on our Sri Lanka e-Visa service fee. It is also a special present for you because of your belief in our services.
Celebrate with us and take advantage of the incredible offer with the Promo Code: FRIE18. Use this code while you apply for a Visa online on our website.
This promotion will take place only in 1 month from 1st August until the end of August this year.
- The Most Beautiful Places In Sri Lanka For A One Day Trip
- Essential things to know before traveling to Sri Lanka
- Check Out 7 Star Hotels in Sri Lanka For Your Bucket List
- The Best Travel Guide For Sri Lanka For First-Time Tourists
- Transit visa in Sri Lanka
- Travel to Sri Lanka without PCR tests
- The best time to visit Sri Lanka
- Top 5 Best Tourist Places In Sri Lanka For Your Trip
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Pongal Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- SLTDA Training for Tuk Drivers and Homestay Operators in Ella
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Top 15 famous Souvenirs and Gifts to pick in Sri Lanka (Part 1)
- 10 Sri Lankan foods that you are unable to forget – Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 10 Sri Lankan foods are unable to forget – Part 1
- Sri Lanka at a Glance
- 10 Good Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Horse Races & Carnivals in Nuwara Eliya - April 2016
- Sri Lankan Public Holidays 2016
- First Safari Park in Sri Lanka opens tomorrow
- A Would-Be Wi-Fi Paradise
- After success in Indonesia, ZEN Rooms expands to Sri Lanka and three other countries
- SL named top tourist destination for 2016