Happy Pongal Day 2020
Celebrated in India and Sri Lanka, Thai Pongal is a must-celebrated harvest festival that occurs between the last day of Margazhi and the third month of Thai in the Tamil calendar, or between January 13th to January 16th in the Gregorian calendar. It is one of the few Hindu holidays that is based on a solar calendar instead of a lunar one. That’s because its celebration is to venerate and show appreciation to the Sun God for a bountiful harvest.
Should you choose to travel in Sri Lanka around Tamil Thai Pongal Day, there will be much to do. Below are three activities that many will want to take part in:
- Attend “official festivities” in various parts of Sri Lanka, which will include things like fireworks displays and traditional song and dance, besides the religious eating of “sticky rice.” These celebrations often continue long into the night.
- Tour the streets to see the beautifully decorated homes of celebrants.
- Dine on some genuine Sri Lankan cuisine.
Sri Lankan culture is similar to that of parts of India, but the island has also developed many unique traditions. You will find that the way its people keep Tamil Thai Pongal Day is different than in other countries that celebrate it and will find there are many interesting festivities and delicious foods to enjoy.
Celebrate with us and take advantage of the incredible offer with the Promo Code: PNGAL35
Insert the Promo Code through The e-Visa application and service fee will be 35% OFF.
The program will end on February 29th 2020.
- An old friend in Sri Lanka is missing you on Friendship day
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- SLTDA Training for Tuk Drivers and Homestay Operators in Ella
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Top 15 Sri Lanka souvenirs to pick (Part 1)
- 10 Sri Lankan foods that you are unable to forget – Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- 10 Sri Lankan foods are unable to forget – Part 1
- Sri Lanka at a Glance
- 10 Good Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Horse Races & Carnivals in Nuwara Eliya - April 2016
- Sri Lankan Public Holidays 2016
- First Safari Park in Sri Lanka opens tomorrow
- A Would-Be Wi-Fi Paradise
- After success in Indonesia, ZEN Rooms expands to Sri Lanka and three other countries
- SL named top tourist destination for 2016