What happens if you overstay your visa in Sri Lanka?
Basically, an ETA for Sri Lanka has a validity of 6 months from the issued date and allows the duration of stay for a maximum of 30 days for tourism or business purposes. So if you intend to remain present in this country for over 30 days, you will overstay your visa in Sri Lanka. In that case, you should prepare to extend your visa.
The maximum duration for the extension of your ETA for Sri Lanka is six months. It is advisable that you apply for the visa extension before the expiry date of your ETA. Overstaying while your ETA for Sri Lanka expired is considered as a violation of visa policies that may result in the refusal of an ETA extension, confinement, or even deportation from Sri Lanka. Moreover, you will have to pay a Sri Lanka visa overstay fine if you do not extend your ETA before it expires.
Therefore, make sure that you do not overstay your Sri Lanka visa when visiting Sri Lanka, and remember to extend your ETA if you wish to stay in the country for more than 30 days.
The application for an ETA extension should be submitted directly to the visa section of the Department of Immigration and Emigration. In case you need assistance in applying for an ETA for Sri Lanka, feel free to contact us via email: [email protected].
- How much is Sri Lanka car pickup service?
- Do I need a PCR test to leave Sri Lanka?
- Is it safe to travel to Sri Lanka right now?
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Indians - FAQs
- What do I need to apply for a Sri Lanka tourist ETA?
- Is an ETA the same as a visa for Sri Lanka?
- How long does it take to get a Sri Lanka tourist visa?
- How long is Sri Lanka ETA valid for?
- What will a SIM card benefit my Sri Lanka trip?
- Do I need a Covid-19 Insurance?
- What is the Covid-19 Insurance?
- How Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA Works?
- I would like to stay in Sri Lanka for a period of time longer than the e-Visa/ETA permits. What should I do?
- What are the benefits of an e-Visa/ETA?
- What happens if I already possess a valid visa?
- Do I need a ticket before I apply for an e-Visa/ETA?
- If I already possess a valid e-Visa/ETA, can I apply for a fresh e-Visa/ETA again?
- What is an e-Visa/ETA?
- What do I need for my e-Visa/ETA application?
- Do I need to obtain a separate e-Visa/ETA for people accompanying me?
- What types of e-Visa/ETA are available?
- What is the SEPA Transfer?
- Do children require a visa to visit Sri Lanka?
- What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?