Sri Lanka transit visa for Indians - FAQs
Do Indian passport holders need a Sri Lanka transit visa?
Yes, they do. A Sri Lanka transit visa for Indians is required.
With this transit visa, Indians can only stay at Sri Lanka airport to take the next flight up to 48 hours from the arrival date. It allows a single entry within a validity period of 6 months from the issued date.
To get a Sri Lanka Transit visa for Indians as well as other types, Indian citizens must have the following documents:
- A copy of your valid passport. All Indian nationals must have a valid passport that is valid for at least 6 months after their arrival in Sri Lanka and at least 02 blank pages for stamping.
- A valid email address to receive notification and Transit visa.
- A valid debit or credit card to pay the Sri Lanka transit visa fees for Indian citizens.
Applying for a Sri Lankan airlines transit visa online is a simple and fast way to own it. Just provide personal information, double-check the information and make the payment. Transit visas for Indians will be sent to the email address within 05 business hours to 03 business days.
- How much is Sri Lanka car pickup service?
- Do I need a PCR test to leave Sri Lanka?
- Is it safe to travel to Sri Lanka right now?
- What happens if you overstay your visa in Sri Lanka?
- What do I need to apply for a Sri Lanka tourist ETA?
- Is an ETA the same as a visa for Sri Lanka?
- How long does it take to get a Sri Lanka tourist visa?
- How long is Sri Lanka ETA valid for?
- What will a SIM card benefit my Sri Lanka trip?
- Do I need a Covid-19 Insurance?
- What is the Covid-19 Insurance?
- How Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA Works?
- I would like to stay in Sri Lanka for a period of time longer than the e-Visa/ETA permits. What should I do?
- What are the benefits of an e-Visa/ETA?
- What happens if I already possess a valid visa?
- Do I need a ticket before I apply for an e-Visa/ETA?
- If I already possess a valid e-Visa/ETA, can I apply for a fresh e-Visa/ETA again?
- What is an e-Visa/ETA?
- What do I need for my e-Visa/ETA application?
- Do I need to obtain a separate e-Visa/ETA for people accompanying me?
- What types of e-Visa/ETA are available?
- What is the SEPA Transfer?
- Do children require a visa to visit Sri Lanka?
- What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?