Is an ETA the same as a visa for Sri Lanka?
Yes, an ETA is exactly the same as a visa for Sri Lanka. An ETA can be used as a visa that allows international travelers to enter legally and stay in Sri Lanka for a certain period of time. The ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) was launched by the Government of Sri Lanka and came into effect from 1st January 2012.
The introduction of an ETA makes it easier for foreign nationals eligible for the ETA to obtain a visa for Sri Lanka. Just following a few simple steps Apply for a Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA Online, applicants will be able to get an ETA to visit this fascinating country.
ETA holders can travel to Sri Lanka for different purposes including tourism, yoga training, participating in business meetings, conferences conducted in Sri Lanka or art, religious events held in the country, and transit purposes.
The ETA is issued online, so it can help foreigners who want to apply for an ETA for Sri Lanka save a lot of time and cost. All you need to prepare is your passport which is valid for at least 6 months from your intended arrival date in Sri Lanka and has at least 02 blank pages for verification stamps. Once the process is complete, you will get your ETA via email and use it within 06 months. You should also print your ETA out before traveling to show it at the entry port in Sri Lanka.
- How much is Sri Lanka car pickup service?
- Do I need a PCR test to leave Sri Lanka?
- Is it safe to travel to Sri Lanka right now?
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Indians - FAQs
- What happens if you overstay your visa in Sri Lanka?
- What do I need to apply for a Sri Lanka tourist ETA?
- How long does it take to get a Sri Lanka tourist visa?
- How long is Sri Lanka ETA valid for?
- What will a SIM card benefit my Sri Lanka trip?
- Do I need a Covid-19 Insurance?
- What is the Covid-19 Insurance?
- How Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA Works?
- I would like to stay in Sri Lanka for a period of time longer than the e-Visa/ETA permits. What should I do?
- What are the benefits of an e-Visa/ETA?
- What happens if I already possess a valid visa?
- Do I need a ticket before I apply for an e-Visa/ETA?
- If I already possess a valid e-Visa/ETA, can I apply for a fresh e-Visa/ETA again?
- What is an e-Visa/ETA?
- What do I need for my e-Visa/ETA application?
- Do I need to obtain a separate e-Visa/ETA for people accompanying me?
- What types of e-Visa/ETA are available?
- What is the SEPA Transfer?
- Do children require a visa to visit Sri Lanka?
- What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?