How long is Sri Lanka ETA valid for?
The validity of the Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is 6 months from the date of issuance. The term "validity" refers to the state of an e-visa being legally acceptable in Sri Lanka, which means the e-visa can be used. When your Sri Lanka ETA is issued, you can use it to enter Sri Lanka within the following 6 months. After that time, your ETA will expire, and you will have to apply for another visa if you want to travel to Sri Lanka.
You should distinguish the difference between the time Sri Lanka ETA is valid for and stay for.
- Sri Lanka Tourist e-Visa: This eVisa allows you to stay in Sri Lanka for sightseeing and recreational purposes. You can stay in the country for 30 days from your arrival date with a double entry.
- Sri Lanka Business e-Visa: Foreigners can use this visa to participate in business meetings and negotiations conducted in Sri Lanka. It is also for visitors who want to participate in short-term training programs that do not last over one month or art, music, and religious events organized in the country. If you use this visa, you can enter Sri Lanka as many times as you want and stay here within 30 days from your date of entry.
- Sri Lanka Transit e-Visa: This type of visa is issued for transit purposes only with a single entry. You can stay temporarily in Sri Lanka within 48 hours from your arrival date before taking a connecting flight to your onward destination.
- How much is Sri Lanka car pickup service?
- Do I need a PCR test to leave Sri Lanka?
- Is it safe to travel to Sri Lanka right now?
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Indians - FAQs
- What happens if you overstay your visa in Sri Lanka?
- What do I need to apply for a Sri Lanka tourist ETA?
- Is an ETA the same as a visa for Sri Lanka?
- How long does it take to get a Sri Lanka tourist visa?
- What will a SIM card benefit my Sri Lanka trip?
- Do I need a Covid-19 Insurance?
- What is the Covid-19 Insurance?
- How Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA Works?
- I would like to stay in Sri Lanka for a period of time longer than the e-Visa/ETA permits. What should I do?
- What are the benefits of an e-Visa/ETA?
- What happens if I already possess a valid visa?
- Do I need a ticket before I apply for an e-Visa/ETA?
- If I already possess a valid e-Visa/ETA, can I apply for a fresh e-Visa/ETA again?
- What is an e-Visa/ETA?
- What do I need for my e-Visa/ETA application?
- Do I need to obtain a separate e-Visa/ETA for people accompanying me?
- What types of e-Visa/ETA are available?
- What is the SEPA Transfer?
- Do children require a visa to visit Sri Lanka?
- What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?