How long does it take to get a Sri Lanka tourist visa?
International travelers who wish to visit Sri Lanka can get a Sri Lanka tourist visa in two ways: at the embassy or online. The former takes you a long time while the latter is faster. Since 2012, the Government of Sri Lanka has launched an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) that makes it easier for travelers to obtain a Tourist e-visa online.
The processing time for a Sri Lanka tourist e-visa/ETA depends on the service that the applicants use. You can choose one of the following options:
- Normal service: This standardized service is the most low-cost option. If you have adequate time to prepare the documents and wait for the response to your tourist visa in Sri Lanka, you can use this service. You will get your e tourist visa via the email address within 3 working days.
- Urgent service: For this type of service, you can obtain your Sri Lanka tourist visa within 24 working hours.
- Super urgent services: In case you are in an emergency that you need your e-tourist visa to travel to Sri Lanka within a few hours, you should use this service. You are able to expect to receive your e-visa result in a guaranteed maximum of 5 business hours.
- How much is Sri Lanka car pickup service?
- Do I need a PCR test to leave Sri Lanka?
- Is it safe to travel to Sri Lanka right now?
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Indians - FAQs
- What happens if you overstay your visa in Sri Lanka?
- What do I need to apply for a Sri Lanka tourist ETA?
- Is an ETA the same as a visa for Sri Lanka?
- How long is Sri Lanka ETA valid for?
- What will a SIM card benefit my Sri Lanka trip?
- Do I need a Covid-19 Insurance?
- What is the Covid-19 Insurance?
- How Sri Lanka e-Visa/ETA Works?
- I would like to stay in Sri Lanka for a period of time longer than the e-Visa/ETA permits. What should I do?
- What are the benefits of an e-Visa/ETA?
- What happens if I already possess a valid visa?
- Do I need a ticket before I apply for an e-Visa/ETA?
- If I already possess a valid e-Visa/ETA, can I apply for a fresh e-Visa/ETA again?
- What is an e-Visa/ETA?
- What do I need for my e-Visa/ETA application?
- Do I need to obtain a separate e-Visa/ETA for people accompanying me?
- What types of e-Visa/ETA are available?
- What is the SEPA Transfer?
- Do children require a visa to visit Sri Lanka?
- What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?